Serbia NT 2019

• Serbian NT will play against Chinese U20 NT (replacing Jiangsu VC ?) in Changshu, China on June 23, 2019.

https://weibo.com/5790152790/H…comment#_rnd1560823040880

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• It is maybe off topic but i have to share this news on this forum and this topic is most related on.

Same like the last year in next club season Serbian(man and women) club desrved 7 spots in european cups, and just Vojvodina will play the other 6 had to give up due to financial reasons. It is so sad that country of world champions in women vll and 4th from the last wch in man does not have just one team in continental cup. In Serbia almost nothing goes into volleyball and we are still at the very top.

• I highly doubt it,

Many people from (South)Eastern European countries can have some asian in them, Turkey/Ottoman empire has some history with Asians and Serbia is also a country that was in Ottoman rule for a long time hence why he could have some as well. Though in 2019 the Asian % in general is not that much anymore there can be some exceptions like Pusic. Eastern Europeans and Eurasians in general definitely have darker features usually though then lets say Western Europeans, however I have to say Pusic does look like he could be a Chinese citizen straight up indeed :D a very extreme case.

Maybe Serbian users can tell us more and he maybe does actually have some Asian in him

Looks like he is Chinese indeed. After the match against China he was interviewed and spoke fluent Chinese. His mother is from Hangzhou, but he was born in Serbia.

• #14 place is very disappointing. But this is what Terzic wanted...so nothing to complain here. I have no doubt if they played weeks 4-5 with the same roster from weeks 2-3 they would have reached the finals.

The starters are simply the best in the world in their position....they are untouchable. Barring any injuries Serbia has nothing to worry and they will be fighting for Gold in Tokyo.

but a few things are still up in the air.

Backup setter: People can say whatever they want about Mirkovic, but I see the potential in her and she should be the backup in Tokyo and probably the starter in ECH. I loved Cirovic against Japan and Thailand....but I think due to her height she won`t be making "A" rosters. Djordjevic and Antanasijevic did a nice job and they could be very good if they were able to find good clubs in decent leagues. I don`t want Zivkovic or Ana back.

Backup OPP: Bjelica could have done better, but overall she did fine. I don`t see anyone getting ahead of her at the moment. But Kubura and Pejicic should be at the World Cup instead. ( I hope Terzic will send a B-C team).

Middles: If Terzic only takes 3...we all know who they are ( I think everything is fine with Stevanovic). But it he takes 4, Aleksic might be taking that spot as she`s showing to be a stronger blocker than MIna Popovic.

Aleksic was the best blocker of VNL with 47 blocks....mostly important Best Block Average per Set: 0.89. But she needs to play in a good league this season.

I love watching Savic, she shows a lot of passion.

OH 2 and backups. This could get interesting.....but at the end of the day all we need from them is passing....soooo let`s see

Busa: As long as she`s focused like she was in the WCH they can win Gold in Tokyo with her on the floor. Like against Italy ( VNL) she was focused and played very well, but then against some other teams in front of a empty arena she showed like she did not care much. She really needs to work on the mental aspect of the game and she will always be very very good.

Blagojevic: She`s reliable and I love her attitude on the court. You can tell she really wants to make it to Tokyo.

Lazovic: Started SUPER HOT and looked like a Super Star...her level dropped as the weeks went on. But that`s expected, and being team`s captain with super a young group, but a lot of pressure on her...but that was great...great learning experience for her. If she can improve can she make it to Tokyo?....what matters is that she will be ready to take it over after 2020. She will be a world class player.

Lozo: Of course she won`t make it. But I saw some nice things about her. She has a lot of room to grow. I just wish she had played in a bettter league last season.

Jovic: Still raw...but she`s 1.91 tall. They gotta invest everything they can and develop her into a world class player.

Milenkovic: I hope to see her playing at the ECH and World Cup.

Libero: S.Popovic will be in Tokyo.

I expected much more from Pusic, but that`s kinda expected because she did not get to play much later year. I think she could have played all 5 weeks. But at the same time I was very imprssed with Marija Popovic and I think Gogacin has a lot of potential.

• as of right now this is what I would do.

ECH

S: Maja? if she`s not playing = Mirkovic-Djordjevic

OPP: Boskovic - Bjelica

OH: Busa, Blagojevic, Lazovic, Milenkovic

MB: Rasic, Veljkovic, Stevanovic, Savic

L: S.Popovic, Marija Popovic

WC

S: Mirkovic-Djordjevic (or Cirovic-Atanajsevic)

OPP: Kubura, Pejicic

OH: Lazovic,Lozo,Milenkovic,Jovic

MB: Aleksic,Mina Popovic, Kocic

L: Pusic, Gocacin

final spot for Busa or Savic.

• I don't think they will risk with Milenkovic already in ECH so that's why i think it's ideal chance to take Lazovic as Brankica's backup so she can get the playing time with A team and like that she will surely look better. I agree with you pope for the WC but i'd take Boskovic and one reliable OH (Busa) as a backup to Lazovic-Milenkovic so there is a chance for a medal maybe.

So Brankica will be playing only during qualification tournament?

Not sure, but she will probably play ECH too, cause Terzic said A team will play it.

• Well, I'm just glad that this torture is finally over. I'm extremely displeased with the approach Serbia took to this year's competition. Trying out new players is fine, giving up on a good result before you've even started playing is something else. I don't think it was fair to anyone - to those young players who sure got lots of experience - in how to lose. Or to the image of the sport in Serbia that is struggling a lot and is completely dependent on the results of NTs. Ot to Sport Klub who must have dished out a lot of money to broadcast the competition and is really trying hard to promote this sport that still has a hard time getting real media attention in this country, even after all the amazing results of both men's and women's NT over the last 25 years. I don't think they got much in return.

And even with all the experiments, in the end it turned out that one of the most problematic positions on the team - the back-up OPP - is not settled at all and Bjelica is still clearly the best we have.

Oh well. On to the Olympic qualies now.

• So Brankica will be playing only during qualification tournament?

Ohhh my goodness...I totally forgot her. 😜😜😜

Also forgot Malesevic.

Serbia has so many options on the OH right now.

I would have Brankica playing Olympic qualification and ECH. ... But I don't think they need Boskovic and Brankica together on the floor....I would have them both only on the semis and finals if necessary.

• Yes, no longer space for Malsevic i agree, because we have Busa and Blagojevic who is beter than her at this moment IMO. But we must not forgot what she gives for our NT and how she play in 2015,16,17. Her level is dropped but maybe this long vocation and no play during summer influence well on her and she come back stronger and better.(but i think that will no happen). Also we have Milenkovic and Lazovic on OH position and finaly Malesevic probably finish with NT but she deserves resoect for her plays and for her contribution.

• I agree about Bjelica. But when you look at the other top teams, they all simply don't have a backup at the same level of the starting OPP. They all have a huge gap... Perhaps some does not even have a good starting OPP.

Of course Brakocevic would fill that gap. But she's out of the picture for good.

Nothing is gonna happen with Boskovic.... But Brankica can always play OPP is necessary.

• I wouldn't write Malešević out completely just yet. If she manages to recover her best form (a very big if, granted), she can still be useful.

I think it might be not only about shape but about potential and skills. Something similar but IMO more painful happened with Natasha Krsmanovic. She was always with NT but finally more talented girls took her spot. Take a look at Lazovic, girl without complexes, young and just good.

• I think it might be not only about shape but about potential and skills. Something similar but IMO more painful happened with Natasha Krsmanovic. She was always with NT but finally more talented girls took her spot. Take a look at Lazovic, girl without complexes, young and just good.

No one took her sport. She was in starting lineup always when she on the list. She is 34 now and she retired from national team after 2014 Wch.

• No one took her sport. She was in starting lineup always when she on the list. She is 34 now and she retired from national team after 2014 Wch.

Did she announce it officially then? I didn’t know about this. I had impression that it was similar case as like with Malesevic right now.

• There wasn't anything official from what I remember. Back then in 2015 Stevanović was coming off an amazing season in Pomi and I thought it was naturally assumed she'd take over for Krsmanović, who was the oldest of the MBs, with her best days already behind her (and similar playing style - also a slider).

Nataša was on the wide roster for Rio '16, but unsurprisingly didn't make it.

Anyway, she's always been a rather reserved person, rarely giving interviews or enjoying the media attention, so it was totally in character for her to just quietly retire from NT when the time came.

• http://zurnal.rs/odbojka/repre…cevic-i-natase-krsmanovic

She had a break up with NT i 2015 and she truly she will be on the wide roster for Rio 2016 but she wasn't in best shape in 2015/2016 because she played in China and played just a few matches and in that moment Rasic,Veljkovic and Stevanovic was better than her obviously. From these facts i look on 2015 how her retirement from NT