World Cup 2019

• Russia's 2nd team played like shit in set #1.

Italy and Argentina are tie break now

• Italy 3:2 Argentina

Argentina made too many serve errors in set #5. Italy's a few key blocks secured the game.

• Argentina simply imploded after the second set. They were playing crazy good and then suddenly tons of errors (especially from serve) and couldn't kill any attacks even from good reception (Italy drastically improved block defense too). Frustrating to watch but understandable since most players are inexperienced.

• Isn't Egypt's coach the Netherlands' former coach?

You know it's a very funny coincidence with both teams overperforming under him. Egypt probably hit a jackpot when they signed this man and even though it's temporary, seeing an african nation top the rankings is just awesome to see.

Yes, it's him - Gido Vermeulen.

• So Argentina, USA and Italy is on equal footing?

• Argentina simply imploded after the second set. They were playing crazy good and then suddenly tons of errors (especially from serve) and couldn't kill any attacks even from good reception (Italy drastically improved block defense too). Frustrating to watch but understandable since most players are inexperienced.

I feel like they have been like this the last three matches, playing superb in the first two sets and then the level drops suddenly. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with their spikers’ stamina.

• Iakovlev is in the Top 3 MBs in Russia right now considering he just debuted this year in VNL :white:

• Italy's block killed Argentina. Still I'm quite impressed by this young team. They could get the game if they didn't commit that much serve error and mistake.

Russia are doing a lot of mistakes. It's as to be expected since they're too young. AUS might win this.

And what's wrong with Iran? When you expect them to win, they don't. And when you predict them to lose, they actually win.

• Poland is taking this tournament seriously, Leon now playing

• Bienek again with his out-of-this-galaxy serves such a treat to watch :wavy:

• Leon + Muzaj + Sliwka.

I don't think this attack line is good enough to beat USA.

They need one more strong attacker, like Kurek on court.

• Australia comfortable on the lead with 6-1. This match is theirs to lose.

And it tied at 11-11 now. And here we thought women's volleyball had more ups and downs :lol: