Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• Cambi and Poulter make the match entertaining. A pity that I have to go out :wavy:.

I'm falling in love for Cambi... so beautiful, and so creative <3

• I don't get why Chieri keeps Stephanie Enright on the bench, I think she's also the captain of the team

She was bad against Firenze and couldn't make any difference. Perinelli came in for her and did a much better job.

• Point Is every player can have a bad game and Guerra isn't any Better.

Of course everyone can have a bad day, but chieri is doing a good job without her, so no reason for bringing her on court.

• Sure, because quality of a team is measured by the number of NORCECA players they have..

• Sure, because quality of a team is measured by the number of NORCECA players they have..

You perfectly know what I mean. Don't play this game with me. I'm not crovolley. It was a statement, not a provocation.

Poulter Is better than few setters playing for supposed top teams.

• I completely agree that Poulter is an amazing setter and I can definitely see her playing in a stronger team next season, but Chieri is not a bad team without her or Enright... Grobelna, for instance, is not a top, world class player, but she definitely do her job well.. de Bortoli is a good libero too... The other MB looks pretty solid also... Poulter raises the quality of the team for sure, but Chieri is not only the American players..

• We were talking about Orro as starter instead of Malinov in NT.. With Cambi playing that way, she is definitely ahead of Malinov too imo... She can be part of the team, and Malinov can stay at home

• Poulter could play even better. Of course she's not at het best shape, 'cause she was part of the NORCECA championship and worked to peak physically 2 weeks ago, so she missed the preparation for the season with her club (same goes for Enright and every other player involved in the tournament) and won't reach her best shape immediately. Her setting is too fast for Groblena, Guerra and Enright. On the other hand the middles show great connection with her.

Cuneo played pretty bad tonight, expecially the outside hitters and Cambi.

• We were talking about Orro as starter instead of Malinov in NT.. With Cambi playing that way, she is definitely ahead of Malinov too imo... She can be part of the team, and Malinov can stay at home

I didn't like her tonight. She can do way better. She has good hands and good ideas.

Malinov... :gone:

• You perfectly know what I mean. Don't play this game with me. I'm not crovolley. It was a statement, not a provocation.

Poulter Is better than few setters playing for supposed top teams.

Ofc you are not. Lol :lol:

• Cuneo's outsides were too bad today, Nizetich made only mistakes in the 4th set and Markovic looks very out of shape lately. This forced Carlotta C. to play a lot with Van hecke,who didn't have a lot of energy at the end.

I was not familiar with Rolfzen and Akrari, but I think both did a great job, Grobelna is also playing surprisingly well

• Cuneo's outsides were too bad today, Nizetich made only mistakes in the 4th set and Markovic looks very out of shape lately. This forced Carlotta C. to play a lot with Van hecke,who didn't have a lot of energy at the end.

I was not familiar with Rolfzen and Akrari, but I think both did a great job, Grobelna is also playing surprisingly well

After the match Cuneo's trainer said Markovic is having some issues with a shoulder, and that's why she can't attack at full power.

• The early surprise this season has been the unexpected break out of Magdalena Stysiak from Poland. During Polands NT run Stysiak started as an OH. Her reception was a huge problem and it limited her time on the court. There were flashes of the power she possesses at 6’7”. For Scandicci she was brought in as a backup for Sloetjes at OP and at only 20 she appeared a safe bet for improvement and help off the bench when needed.

She got her first chance to start in the fourth set of Scandicci’s first match against Pomi when they fell behind 1-2. Although Scandicci pulled out the five set win her performance was sub par. 9-29-7.

In their second round upset loss to Cuneo she subbed in only and went 9-14-4 (K-A-E). Next against Bergamo she again got subbed in the middle of the fourth and led Scandicci to a comeback five set win. She was 10-21-4.

This earned her the start against Monza and she responded with her break out performance 28-54-6. She played with such élan, confidence, and power that I think Coach Marco has no choice but to continue to start her going forward. No one saw a still very talented Sloetjes suddenly on the bench for a top Italian team.

Stysiak looks to be on the verge of joining the ranks of a new golden era of young talented OP’s. Her Polish teammate, Smarzek, is already breaking out in just her second season in Italy. Unfortunately for Poland they can’t play two OP’s at the same time. If Stysiak can continue this level of performance then Scandicci is going to be a very tough out later in CL and even in the Italian Cup.

Read more: http://volleytalk.proboards.co…ason?page=5#ixzz64ByJzAcR