CEV Champions League 2020

• Yeah well, it's no fun being admin here, so I'll have to laugh about such a photo :S

why don’t you just quit? You are doing a shitty job anyway. People who cannot hold responsibility of a job should just quit.

It is no wonder you don’t even lift your finger against discriminative comments, you just go and agree with them.

thousands of people died or suffer from this virus, have a little respect.

• Italian vs Turkish volleyball

I know one compelling person who is capable of turning any discussion to this topic. So to speak God of Italian volleyball and her omniscient defender always and everywhere. :obey:

• I said it, I'm the most popular here :mirror:

• why don’t you just quit? You are doing a shitty job anyway. People who cannot hold responsibility of a job should just quit.

It is no wonder you don’t even lift your finger against discriminative comments, you just go and agree with them.

thousands of people died or suffer from this virus, have a little respect.

I agree with you, I used to be in a lot of forums back in the day and I can't think of a worse moderator, I'm sorry. Thank you for making this available for volleyball fans globally, but when it comes to being a moderator and keeping order I wouldn't say matthias is the best. Also the only other moderator he elected isn't even around anymore, so talk about choices. (Not to mention a catfish lmao)

People always want to hide behind authority so they never disagree with him but you and I seem to not care. :thumbup: And there is some others as well.

• Well,there are always people that try to distort science in order to fit their narrative.And many of them are just misinformed or uneducated,but there are also scientists that disagree with their very own science that they chose and studied.

You can only hope that many people's obsession to prove that they're right and "it's nothing too serious" by not following even the simplest guidelines (not traveling to affected regions,washing their hands,etc) won't lead to innocent people paying the price,in our case,contracting the virus.

Yes true! You are my favorite new user btw :D

People will just believe their local governments words for everything and it is sad, but when it comes to basic instruction that EVERYONE gives like don't visit an affected region or following basic hygiene protocol they won't even do that being as stubborn as people are lol. When it comes to following news and science it's always the best thing to follow as much of them as you can from all kinds of sources and end up making your own conclusions based on that, don't just fall for your 1 own government funded news channel come on people.

If I had to believe TRT, Turkey is like on a supernatural level advanced compared to the rest of the world and also always the victim, bless. :lol:

ALSO can't believe people are like: "Ugh, I'm getting annoyed having to wash my hands everyday" .......SIS I'm no germephobe but you should wash your hands when there is no Corona either idk if you knew about that lol. I saw news about "How to wash your hands properly" lmao some parents really failed raising their children ngl.

• Btw I also want to say, I can understand Italian users and people kinda too. They are being treated like they are a whole virus themselves it seems sometimes and that must be really annoying and won't help the peace from within.

I really hope summer will help slow this virus down and Italy (and the world) can be 'normal' again :flower: until then, stay EXTRA safe. You never know.

• The discussion and labeling of all the people who liked the Conegliano girls image went too far, which is why I have a need to explain what I meant when I "supported" the image. Of course I am not glad because someone is dying or I am ridiculously ridiculing such a situation, but I simply do not see this picture as such (I understand that someone else may feel struck by this picture and I respect it). I just wanted to support the mockery of creating hysteria by uninformed journalists who spread completely false and unfounded stories, and I just look at this whole thing by watching the media in my country and the behavior of society in my environment, I don't know how it is in other countries and what is the climate created around this topic. I take all the losses into account and I am absolutely informed and monitor the state of the coronavirus and of course the condition is not regular and certain measures should be taken (think that all measures have been taken or at least most of that) but creating hysteria as if one should not leave the house and use masks that actually and they do not help in defense against the virus it is completely coherent and ridiculous to me.

• I agree with you, I used to be in a lot of forums back in the day and I can't think of a worse moderator, I'm sorry. Thank you for making this available for volleyball fans globally, but when it comes to being a moderator and keeping order I wouldn't say matthias is the best. Also the only other moderator he elected isn't even around anymore, so talk about choices. (Not to mention a catfish lmao)

People always want to hide behind authority so they never disagree with him but you and I seem to not care. :thumbup: And there is some others as well.

I expect when he became a mod this place had a lot less fighting and so it was an easier job, perhaps he can’t really be bothered interfering in all the various disagreements people seem to have in here. But yes, maybe more moderators would be good for the place.

I don’t know about people being scared to disagree with him though. What’s he going to do about it? It’s not like he goes around banning users every day. Most of the users I remember him banning have come back with a new account anyway, maybe that’s why he doesn’t moderate so much if banning users doesn’t even work long-term.

This latest issue I don’t think is such a big deal. Some users find it funny, some find it offensive. Everyone is free to feel however they feel, I don’t really care. For me Imoco were just making a joke and didn’t intend to cause any offence and that is the most important thing.

• I expect when he became a mod this place had a lot less fighting and so it was an easier job, perhaps he can’t really be bothered interfering in all the various disagreements people seem to have in here. But yes, maybe more moderators would be good for the place.

I don’t know about people being scared to disagree with him though. What’s he going to do about it? It’s not like he goes around banning users every day. Most of the users I remember him banning have come back with a new account anyway, maybe that’s why he doesn’t moderate so much if banning users doesn’t even work long-term.

This latest issue I don’t think is such a big deal. Some users find it funny, some find it offensive. Everyone is free to feel however they feel, I don’t really care. For me Imoco were just making a joke and didn’t intend to cause any offence and that is the most important thing.

Thank you, it's nice to read a well reflected post every once in a while in this place, and you got the things right.

As an admin/moderator, my job is NOT to regulate opinions. Thus, crovolley may post whatever he's got on his mind, as long as he doesn't insult anyone or make unnecessary provocations. From my point of view, the amount of other users making provocations towards him is a much bigger problem, which is why I warned losta lately for repeated posts with no other point than being provocative.

If I were to ban users for posting their opinions, or because some people find them annoying, I would be a fascist. As simple as that.

• I have one really serious idea, it seems to me that the forum is expanding a lot and that at least one other admin / moderator is needed, there are seriously discriminatory and openly disturbing comments and in my opinion the ideal candidate would be Altinli . Although I do not always agree with her presentations, one thing is for sure is that she always tries to be objective and realistic and yet has an opinion on almost everything.

One more thing is that I have to give an example that many people have condemned someone for likeing an image without thinking and not taking all the possible aspects into consideration. And the open statement that someone would be happy if someone got infected with something no one had condemned. I apologize for so much off topic comments. This forum should preserve the basic idea of connecting people who like approval and sharing information and opinions (this is at least the main reason why I am active in this forum).

• The discussion and labeling of all the people who liked the Conegliano girls image went too far, which is why I have a need to explain what I meant when I "supported" the image. Of course I am not glad because someone is dying or I am ridiculously ridiculing such a situation, but I simply do not see this picture as such (I understand that someone else may feel struck by this picture and I respect it). I just wanted to support the mockery of creating hysteria by uninformed journalists who spread completely false and unfounded stories, and I just look at this whole thing by watching the media in my country and the behavior of society in my environment, I don't know how it is in other countries and what is the climate created around this topic. I take all the losses into account and I am absolutely informed and monitor the state of the coronavirus and of course the condition is not regular and certain measures should be taken (think that all measures have been taken or at least most of that) but creating hysteria as if one should not leave the house and use masks that actually and they do not help in defense against the virus it is completely coherent and ridiculous to me.

Yes I like this point of view, it's a great opposition which I can respect. I'm not against comedy lmao. Let's go orange "Zondag met Lubach" had jokes about Coronavirus, you probably seen it. That to me was not as idiotic though and actually funny.

There is also a chance Conegliano (a big one) was using this as a response to Eczacibasi and Fener who don't want to come to Italy though which is even dumber.

I definitely could see where you came from, my posts were not towards you.

• People are so eager to give their opinions but if you aren't an expert or giving them based on good sources it's just an opinion... You can be skeptical about the virus, okay, but no one saying that the virus is a hoax or not so dange ous is using reliable sources, sorry.. And when you say that the people need to read more about it, it's almost like we offend them.. please, be more civilised!

When you know that people are dying, that people in this forum are scared about it and you make fun about it, then you just been disrespectful, a moron... It's no fun what the Imoco girls did... It doesn't matter your intentions if yours action make someone suffers... People can interpret that photo as they are mocking the people who got the disease... You just need a little of empathy, but sometimes I think that it's too much to ask...

Can we talk just about Champions League here?

• Sisko I usually agree with you but sorry that to me seems like very weak excuses for him not to do anything. If he can't keep up, he should look at other forums and see how it works there. They have all like at least 6 mods and sub-section mods like 1 for international competitions. We all know incidents that happened in the past here. sitenoise fought a long time for example for the Japanese ladies being called names and nothing being done about it. Crovolley is not an innocent user, I wouldn't ban him at all even if I sometimes wish he was but some of the words he used are not just opininions as mr. Matthias claims. That just shows how disconnected he can be.

Also arguments can, will and must happen. It happens in every forum, but we should look at boundaries being crossed, heck I might have said some hurtful things but there is a clear lack of order here, instead we're just being annoyed by the fact they are there.

Bogdan Ahaha thanks but I don't think anyone would want me. I think we should have a couple active mods with diverse interests in the forum but will Matthias be able to ever share his forum :lol: no. I would make a whole thread dedicated to it and let everyone do their story why they should be mod and let people and Matthias decide. It happens everywhere.

• Like does this forum even have a rules section/guideline lmao? No wonder there is no order because I don't think we have :rolll::rolll: and if we do I congratulate the mods for how well hidden it is and how little its been spoken of.

• Like does this forum even have a rules section/guideline lmao? No wonder there is no order because I don't think we have :rolll::rolll: and if we do I congratulate the mods for how well hidden it is and how little its been spoken of.

I search for it before posting because I would like to see if the rules were broken by this discussion.. but I didn't find too :(

• The main problem in this forum is always those different opinions which most of the users does not respect and feel attacked.
    As simple as that, most opinions are not neutral opinions it has a „secret“ insulting message towards others favorite club/player/league.

The level is more provokative and too much personal, which end up in long argues and fight.

• I search for it before posting because I would like to see if the rules were broken by this discussion.. but I didn't find too :(

I would ask my money back if I was a banned user now :lol: how can you break non-existing rules

• Altinli im not really trying to make excuses for him, just to explain what I think is part of the problem. As I said, more mods might be a good idea, though at this point I don’t know who would be a popular choice.

sloth i definitely don’t mean to sound like I don’t sympathise with the people suffering with the virus, it’s awful of course.

Can we talk just about Champions League here?

Let’s hope so.

• I expect when he became a mod this place had a lot less fighting and so it was an easier job, perhaps he can’t really be bothered interfering in all the various disagreements people seem to have in here. But yes, maybe more moderators would be good for the place.

That is the exact excuse when someone makes an offense comment, are you aware of this?