Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• She's about the same age as Haak. If she doesn't beat her for a spot in the starting line-up, how on earth is she supposed to be a world class player anytime soon? It's not like she has Egonu or Boskovic in front of her...

This is so wrong. The biggest criticism for Guidetti is he doesn't let Ebrar play as OPP. He doesn't want competition in OPP position. Vakifbank management made it clear from day 1 that Haak will be starting OPP and Gözde will be her substitute. Guidetti only lets Ebrar play as OH . But Ebrar HATES being an OH Altinli (I asked her through social media and she confirmed me that she doesn't want to play as OH).

Her only choice is leaving Vakifbank but this is impossible because in Turkey there is a rule that you can't leave your club without their permission until age 22.

Guidetti certainly killed her joy in the field, I'm afraid Guidetti is also on the verge of destroying her career.

BTW; Alexia reminds me our 'Neslihan Demir'. She is going to be a superstar.

• Yesilyurt again going to play a tie break!:box:

Koolhaas indeed looks like a mom to the team:lol:

Nicole is the sweetest volleyball player for me. She looks always positive. I am happy to see her 'mothering' young Turkish girls.:heart: By they way she is contributing a lot at scoring as well. Her connection with Buket is awesome, better than Dutch setters :)

• Yesilyurt won the match! The sixteen year old opposite Alexia is really impressive!:obey: Exited to see what they can do against strong opponents:box:

• So consistent , the cool chicks always roll up their sleeves :) even when they don't have sleeves. #17

Altinli what's the new name of this Yeşilyurt team? can you add it to volleybox or tell me so I can.

And Tuğba Şenoğlu is the one pope often uses as an example of bench detention, right?

https://women.volleybox.net/yesilyurt-t2332/tournaments

Sorry guys for no reaction for so long, I was shook. AGY are a 100% my favorite team this season! Koolhaas is just amazing, I always thought she was underrated but this kind of mothering role is just perfect for her. She always seemed kinda shy but ofc she knows she can teach these young girls so much and it works and it breaks that shyness, passiveness she sometimes has! Derya-Tugba OH duo is goals tbh and Alexia just:super: Ms. Goggles still cool also:rose:

• I’m going to have to take this seriously now. I really enjoyed that team. Love the green mountain girls

• I thought you said they changed their name to the Green Mountain Somethings. What does AGY stand for in the score bug?

• I thought you said they changed their name to the Green Mountain Somethings. What does AGY stand for in the score bug?

It is Atlas Global Yesilyurt. Atlas Global is an airline company too if I am not wrong :)

Yes no meatballs is right. Volleybox didn't change it yet but their official name now is "Atlas Global Yeşilyurt"

Yeşilyurt = The Green Homeland

• Yes no meatballs is right. Volleybox didn't change it yet but their official name now is "Atlas Global Yeşilyurt"

Yeşilyurt = The Green Homeland

I added the name to historical names. Sometimes people are touchy. But if it's the official name I should change the banner, too, huh?

• Yes indeed!

Done!

• So what kind of street cred does the AGY libero have? I didn't notice her a lot but when I did it was mostly positive. Under ideal circumstances I expect a libero to jump out at me. She didn't exactly do that.

What do you see as the weaknesses of the team? The two "old and clumsy" MBs are capable :). Tugba, Derya, and Alexia the 16 y/old Romanian all seem solid as swingers. Yes, 16 is young but she seems to know what's going on. That leaves the libero

• AGY so far killed the bookmakers!

Beating THY which had a 1.06 odd with 93% to win according to the bookies.

Beating PTT with a 1.25 odd to win and a 80% according to the bookies.

With the energy and power of youth they did the 'impossible'. :thumbup: AGY to pull a Leicester City this year!

• So what kind of street cred does the AGY libero have? I didn't notice her a lot but when I did it was mostly positive. Under ideal circumstances I expect a libero to jump out at me. She didn't exactly do that.

What do you see as the weaknesses of the team? The two "old and clumsy" MBs are capable :). Tugba, Derya, and Alexia the 16 y/old Romanian all seem solid as swingers. Yes, 16 is young but she seems to know what's going on. That leaves the libero

Ayça Aykaç was the 2nd option of VB last 2 years before this and usually people really disliked her. Same goes for setter Buket Gülübay. They did have quite some playing time but I already predicted pre season they would play better amongst teammates in a similar age group and a more healthy and 'chill' atmosphere. VakifBank is probably the most succesfull club in the world the last 5-10 years, you can imagine the amount of pressure the players are in and for young inexperienced players that already have huge shoes to fill in (Zhu Ting, Kelsey Robinson etc.) when coming in to play from the bench this can just be too much to handle I believe. Especially with a yelling Guidetti on the other side...

• Their main weakness is receiving and serves. They lost 2nd and 3rd set because their serve tempo dropped a lot and they received terrible. When they started to serve well and receive positive (not even excellent), they destroyed THY. As long as they keep their receiving fine, they will remain as a threat against most teams.

• Ayça Aykaç was the 2nd option of VB last 2 years before this and usually people really disliked her. Same goes for setter Buket Gülübay. They did have quite some playing time but I already predicted pre season they would play better amongst teammates in a similar age group and a more healthy and 'chill' atmosphere. VakifBank is probably the most succesfull club in the world the last 5-10 years, you can imagine the amount of pressure the players are in and for young inexperienced players that already have huge shoes to fill in (Zhu Ting, Kelsey Robinson etc.) when coming in to play from the bench this can just be too much to handle I believe. Especially with a yelling Guidetti on the other side...

That's cool. I forgot about the setter (not a good thing) except for her Koolhaas connection and she's cute. I agree that if she's got something to show that this is a better environment. Gui's got his skills in developing players but sometimes a cooler contemporary scene is better.

• I'm happy with the MB team as it is but it sure seems like Zehra Gunes belongs on this team, too :heart: :)