Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• :wall::wall::wall: What a reasonable way of thinking to judge somebody's character based on the name on her shirt.

As far as I remember, it's not that uncommon in Turkish clubs that foreign players get their last name on the shirt...

• :wall::wall::wall: What a reasonable way of thinking to judge somebody's character based on the name on her shirt.

As far as I remember, it's not that uncommon in Turkish clubs that foreign players get their last name on the shirt...

What about Glinka? I think she had her surname on the Jersey as well.

• Dude I know what ı'm talking about...

Vakıfbank is not just another Turkish club...

They have a way of doing things, like dancing to a certain folk song after important matches...

And players having their first name written on their jersey is one of them...

• Omg lol

It's just big companies handing out big (which is small to them) money in a capitalist world. Google could afford 10 million contracts if they had a team in the USA, it is not surprising to me whatsoever. Yes it does seem too much for me also for Haak but VB never failed in their investments thus far so I don't see a reason to judge them now for it after 1 match :gone: they sure know what they're doing better than us I can guess. And no need to act like we know Haak personally after... Well after nothing pretty much aside from her having her surname on her jersey. Afaik VB likes if you have your first name but it is no law or anything and they don't really mind if you do want to have your surname... Those are small things for a team that's fighting for big things.

Yes some people can be judgemental of VB bcs they are state funded so a lot of their money are from Turkish taxes but honestly, their contribution to society, women, lgbt members, sports, outweigh the money even imo and even they don't seem to care about further political statements so it's no problem anyway. I root for VB.

I respect your opinion Tamer but I personally think this is not that deep. You might perceive it in another way though which is perfectly understandable! :thumbup:

• tbh literally I can imagine the conversation this simple:

VB management: "oh so we usually use our first names in VB."

Haak: "Oh really, I usually use my last name. Would that be ok also?"

VB management: "sure! You do you!"

• Thanks...I didnt know I was speaking with a ...

Its an international rule to write a players surname, I think It should be clear...

YOU DONT HAVE A CHOİCE...

:roll: I can't believe I actually entered this discussion, but...I checked some old photo galleries on CEV website. Glinka and Brakocevic had their last names on the shirt, the other foreign players their first name. So, YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE, but judging somebody's character based upon this choice is ridiculous...

• So she gets a million euro a year, she gets written Haak instead of her first name Isabelle on her jersey as other players and breaks a club tradition...

What makes her so special? For now she's nothing more than a pretty face...

Sounds like zhu's replacement :)

• :roll: I can't believe I actually entered this discussion, but...I checked some old photo galleries on CEV website. Glinka and Brakocevic had their last names on the shirt, the other foreign players their first name. So, YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE, but judging somebody's character based upon this choice is ridiculous...

From Cambridge Dictionary:

Peculiar:

C2

belonging to, relating to, or found in only particular people or things:

Out of 13 players Haak is the only one with her surname written on her jersey, yes that makes her peculiar...

And she has a beautiful name, not something atrocious like Malgorzata...

• Beşiktaş inevitably gets sexiest team award though when they have:

Yağmur Mislina Kılıç

Dilara Bilge:

Fulden Ural

They already won in that department :lol: I'd be lesbian for Mislina tbh

• this is the content we need but don't deserve :)

• You are peculiar for sure. Get a life dude

How come can you get a conspiracy theory out one simple action. It is like the same case if someone would call you paranoid just because of such a weird theory. Please don't deduct personality traits based on irrelevant small actions

• Karayollari - Beşiktaş 2-3 (17-25, 26-24, 25-17, 18-25, 12-15)

Tutku Burcu got a lot of sets. Dilara played a pretty good game and Fulden's stats look bad however she didn't hit straight into the block and won the crucial points for the match. Büsra was underwhelming and made lots of errors. Overall a good level match considering they are not the best prognosed teams of the league and it is day 1.

• Karayollari - Beşiktaş 2-3 (17-25, 26-24, 25-17, 18-25, 12-15)

Tutku Burcu got a lot of sets. Dilara played a pretty good game and Fulden's stats look bad however she didn't hit straight into the block and won the crucial points for the match. Büsra was underwhelming and made lots of errors. Overall a good level match considering they are not the best prognosed teams of the league and it is day 1.

Are Besiktas a team full of good servers or Karayollari's reception was just awful?