2020 / 2021 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• IMHO few leagues will have a smaller impact because of covid-19:

• German Bundesliga. They always have high standard to admit teams in their top league. They only 2 teams (Suhl and Potsdam) really struggling are the same who were struggling even before the pandemic.
    • Russian Superliga. Most of the clubs have huge sources of money from the local governments, and some of them have additional money from Lokomotiv (railways) and Dinamo (national police department) or big sponsors like Gazprom.
    • Korean V-League. Teams belong to companies.
    • Japan V.League Division 1. Teams belong to companies, except Okayama Seagulls (that doesn't sing foreigners).
    • Chinese Volleyball Super League. Teams have the local government behind and some of them big sponsors.

I'm not sure about Polish league. They may suffer, since they rely a lot on sponsors, but many of them have also help from their local governments.

• Maybe it's time for some new leagues to gain more popularity as well.

Turkish clubs like Aydin, Nilufer and also clubs like AGY or FB and GS, I all expect them to struggle a lot as well financially.

I forgot turkish teams. :aww:

Galatasaray and Fener are multisport clubs. They can suffer many factors, like football teams' results. So, yes, they may struggle.

Nothing changes for those teams relying on the local governments (they depend on the amount of money they get) or brand teams like Vakifbank, Eczacibasi and THY...

• About Serie A1, the level will drop the very same moment you have 2 more teams (16 in total) and at the same time sponsors won't reniew (or cut drastically) their contracts of sponsorship because the local economy is about to die, like years ago. Simple as that. You can still have Imoco at the same level (because Imoco is a brand itself, like Eczacibasi and VakifBank), but around there will be mostly poor clubs (unless they disappear, which is what is on the table right now; take a look at Hofland's interview: 4/5 club from Serie A1 may close). The last time this happened, I saw players like Francia, Grun, Aguero, Poljak, Lo Bianco, Del Core, Gioli and so on leaving for Turkey and many others for Asia, Russia or elsewhere, while the italian top clubs had to sign players from the mid/low-level teams and those mid/low level teams signed players from A2.

Anyway, Italy is locked down till may 3, 2020. It's official now.

I understand that serie a teams will suffer economically but where will these top players go? There's no Turkey as an alternative for them so the situation is not comparable to the crisis a few years ago (because it wasn't a global crisis)

There are only a few leagues that high level players would play: Italian, Turkish, Russian, Brazilian, Japanese, Chinese and Korean leagues (this is not a ranking of best leagues in the world, if is just the leagues having clubs that can afford to pay top players) Corona affected every single one of the countries that I counted. Also consider the fact that some of these leagues have foreigner limitations and some teams won't even higher any foreigner player at all (Galatasaray is the first one that declared it)

There are not many options for top players to play if they wont accept salary reduction. That's why they will just settle to the new market conditions unless they would prefer to quit volleyball and sit at home ( this might be the case for some American players that wouldn't want to go pro and look for other jobs but they are not considered as 'top players' yet so their possible withdrawal from market wouldn't change the league strength

• I forgot turkish teams. :aww:

Galatasaray and Fener are multisport clubs. They can suffer many factors, like football teams' results. So, yes, they may struggle.

Nothing changes for those teams relying on the local governments (they depend on the amount of money they get) or brand teams like Vakifbank, Eczacibasi and THY...

This is not true, the clubs that relies on local governments shuts down easily, we have many examples of these. Their destiny is up to one word from the major of the municipality or the governor.(just have a look to Beylikdüzü that was 5th in one season and ended up 12th in next season by playing their youth team.) Club teams like Beşiktaş or Galatasaray are also not safe bets neither. Beşiktaş shutdown their male team and withdrew the investments from female team. GS will be playing with only locals.

All in all, every league will have some clubs that will lower their budgets drastically. I expect only Eczacıbasi and Vakifbank would have money to invest top players

• I understand that serie a teams will suffer economically but where will these top players go? There's no Turkey as an alternative for them so the situation is not comparable to the crisis a few years ago (because it wasn't a global crisis)

There are only a few leagues that high level players would play: Italian, Turkish, Russian, Brazilian, Japanese, Chinese and Korean leagues (this is not a ranking of best leagues in the world, if is just the leagues having clubs that can afford to pay top players) Corona affected every single one of the countries that I counted. Also consider the fact that some of these leagues have foreigner limitations and some teams won't even higher any foreigner player at all (Galatasaray is the first one that declared it)

There are not many options for top players to play if they wont accept salary reduction. That's why they will just settle to the new market conditions unless they would prefer to quit volleyball and sit at home ( this might be the case for some American players that wouldn't want to go pro and look for other jobs but they are not considered as 'top players' yet so their possible withdrawal from market wouldn't change the league strength

Many USA players are rumored to stay the whole season in Anaheim with Kiraly, preparing for the OGs.

KYK and Larson are rumored to go to China. Zhu is rumored to stay in China.

Sloetjes can keep her salary intact only going to China, but she could easily skip the season as well.

Top brazilians will stay in Brazil.

Facts are UYBA, AGIL and Savino del Bene parted ways with all the players with big contracts. Savino del Bene saves about 200.000 euro just giving up on Lonneke and signing Drewniok for example. We don't talk about middle or low level teams, but clubs qualified for the european cups with a bigger budjet than half of the rest of the league. And for the smaller clubs is even worse. San Casciano gave up on its best (and more expensive) players: Dijkema told openly she was forced to go to Russia in order to have another good contract, even though she wanted to stay in Italy.

Many players may retire or take a year break for maternity, expecially those that won't be in Tokyo.

• This is not true, the clubs that relies on local governments shuts down easily, we have many examples of these. Their destiny is up to one word from the major of the municipality or the governor.(just have a look to Beylikdüzü that was 5th in one season and ended up 12th in next season by playing their youth team.) Club teams like Beşiktaş or Galatasaray are also not safe bets neither. Beşiktaş shutdown their male team and withdrew the investments from female team. GS will be playing with only locals.

All in all, every league will have some clubs that will lower their budgets drastically. I expect only Eczacıbasi and Vakifbank would have money to invest top players

That's exactly what I said. Nothing changed for those clubs. They depend of the local governements, like every other year.

Just like I said multisport teams may suffer the most in Turkey.

We said the same thing with different words.:lol:

• Worldofvolley reported Gabi will stay in Vakifbank for another year.

I already post it about Vakif rumors. :)

• yeah except for natalia and gabi! No news for mayany, shiela and jacqueline yet!

• Meanwhile, Alessia Orro on Instagram basically said she's leaving UYBA as well.

And rumors are that She is going to Monza, how is that She is staying in Italy :white:

• yeah except for natalia and gabi! No news for mayany, shiela and jacqueline yet!

Who is this Mayany?

Anyway, as I said, russian teams won't be affected that much. And I won't be surprised to see few players ending up in Russia, despite the league is not really attractive nowdays. Natalia got the contract of her lifei in moscow.

Gabi had a good season. Vakifbank had no reason to let her go.

Sheilla is negotiating with Minas and Jaque is staying in Osasco (also because Murilo is staying in Sesi, despite they cut the budjet).

• Mayany is a Brazilin MB. She jumps really high and hit hard but she is a bit inconsistent, maybe because she used to bench a lot.

Cannot wait to see the Tandara-Roberta connection in Osasco!

• I literally don't get this shit small contract, big contracts. When you literally got the same level or even better players with smaller contracts :cheesy:

And How do we know that some of this players are cheaper ??

Example Herbots had way better season than Vasileva and C.Bosetti is better player than Courtney. How is level droping and how are there contract droping ? :what::what:

• Tandara will once again be overused especially because Osasco's MBs will probably be awful and Luizomar does not have any good tactics. I think this will be the end of Tandara's career. Too many injuries, too many seasons being overused by most teams and at 33 years old I don't see how she can go back to her old shape. She managed her career so badly, could have gone to Italy or Turkey a few years ago.

• And literally Orro> Skorupa

They are still keeping high level, that is important. My God :aww:

I'm not a big fan of Skorupa, but Orro won nothing so far. Just a CEV Cup with her team being the clear favourite. UYBA is one of the best club and environment, they always make feel their players comfortable and this is how they managed to be competitive even when they had less money, like in the last years, great chemistry inside the team and from the supporters. On the other hand, the pressure in Monza will be way bigger and Orro is very young. She is a good replacement on the paper, but I won't be surprised if she may struggle in Monza, like it happened to the team this season. IMHO she's the best italian setter by far, but she's nothing special yet compared to Cacciatori, Lo Bianco and Ferretti.

• And Finally I agree with you but I don't agree with your small vs big contract because this is not something that will tell level of teams.