2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• FIVB stats consider every positive reception as perfect reception, so these stats aren't too reliable with such liberal criteria.

That's why I asked if the game had been watched. Stats are bullshit. But you could see it

I think Turkey is the most unstable team on the planet, but that's another story

• Just wanted to point out how important narratives are in how viewers and fans (even passionate ones) interact with sport, rather than objective facts. Boskovic and JT had almost the same amount of points (34-33), and almost the same amount of spikes (49-50). Both matches were only played 3 sets each.

Yet almost all the reactions about Boskovic and Serbia here with negative: Bosko-ball, criticism of Maja and a whole lot of :sleeping: emoji. While reactions for JT and USA was almost universally positive and cheering. This frankly astonishing disparity is almost completely due to how Tijana is already viewed as an established superstar (and therefore old news) while JT is viewed as a "new blood" and budding superstar. In other words, narratives and subjectivity trumps facts and objectivity.

Just something to think about.

• is the twitch link #2, 3 4 or 6? lol

My heart is for Brazil. I hope they redeem themselves from their awful game at Rio and win either Silver or Gold.

• can someone also ping me the twitch link for Brasil vs Dominicana?

• Just wanted to point out how important narratives are in how viewers and fans (even passionate ones) interact with sport, rather than objective facts. Boskovic and JT had almost the same amount of points (34-33), and almost the same amount of spikes (49-50). Both matches were only played 3 sets each.

Yet almost all the reactions about Boskovic and Serbia here with negative: Bosko-ball, criticism of Maja and a whole lot of :sleeping: emoji. While reactions for JT and USA was almost universally positive and cheering. This frankly astonishing disparity is almost completely due to how Tijana is already viewed as an established superstar (and therefore old news) while JT is viewed as a "new blood" and budding superstar. In other words, narratives and subjectivity trumps facts and objectivity.

Just something to think about.

The first difference is that we're accustomed to Boskovic as one of very best players of her generation, while Thompson with OG so far is a new deal. Egonu scored 30 points against Turkey and no one really cares besides crovolley, because it was okay performance by her standards, while we would praise every other player a lot. The second difference is that USA went into Thompsonball-mode, but normally they play really versatile game in terms of sets distribution - Serbia's OH duo puts into question whether they'll be able to play differently once opponents get better.

Thirdly, you ignore a context that in China-USA game, despite 0-3, we had many long rallies, so team USA had 132 spike attempts in 3 sets, while Serbia had 99 spikes. Thompson got less than 40% of sets, while Boskovic almost 50% of sets.

• Im also waiting for Mara Claro channel to upload the livestream gotta use Colombia VPN though