2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Can we come stronger as well? Please? :(

Please... so Brazil. IMO Brazil already did what was expected. This team has been so dedicated that i really wish that they take a medal this time after losing " the gold" in qf Rio 2016.

But IMO for Brazil the future is more bright that this road to Tokyo at least.

Turkey losing to Korea was a huge surprise to me. Dont watch the entirely game but was realy unexpected. But Turkey has a great pool of youngsters too and can for sure do better in Paris. Turkey just needs to fix the OH position.

A lot of great players.

• I am rooting more for today Brazil vs ROC than tomorrow Brazil vs ROC (mens).

Those girls have been trought the worst Olympic road since the golden era. So far they work a lot and after this great display on pool. A medal with any colour would be amazing.

Plus Fe Garay and Gattaz deserves for all hard work.

• Leonardo.D - I don't think Mazzanti should stay as a HC, and I hope he won't, but he probably will, so he can say whatever nonsense he wants to, I guess.

If I am not wrong, he has already signed for 3 more years.

I strongly believe he isnt a "miracolato" like Blengini was thanks to the silver medal in Rio, where Osmany and Zaytsev performances sort of "made up" his poor coaching. Davide is a way better coach than Chicco (thought it isnt so difficult to be).

But Davide is too stubborn. In Italy people were super enthusiastic after the unexpected success in WCH 2018, that they forgot (Federation included), that they were in the middle of the process, actually, not even in the half way).

His approach in that final was also very questionable. Despite facing the best team in the world, Italy had their chances to win. In these Olympics, his decisions are even more questionable. Starting from the selection of players. He left players out who could have contribuited much more. It isnt like the case of South Korea.

• If USA wants to win against Serbia Bartsch has to pick up her offense. Who would’ve thought coming into the Olympics she would be one of the best passers of the tournament, and struggle in attack. Seeing all three of USA’s passers in the Top 10 and still not getting contribution from the middle is worrying.. They have the best trio of MBs in the tournament IMO, and if other times reception didn’t allow it, now they should be firing from all cylinders. I’m also wondering why we don’t see more of Chiaka.. Foluke isn’t bad, but she doesn’t contribute much, and I don’t see how Chiaka could do worse. However Hancock has been connecting to the middles better, and I hope she feeds them against Serbia.
    Taking into consideration how well Drews did, and her connection with Hancock, I’m wondering if she would start.. and even a crazier idea, Drews starting with JT possibly coming in the front row for Bartsch.. she can attack on the left really good, and is their best pin blocker

• If I am not wrong, he has already signed for 3 more years.

I strongly believe he isnt a "miracolato" like Blengini was thanks to the silver medal in Rio, where Osmany and Zaytsev performances sort of "made up" his poor coaching. Davide is a way better coach than Chicco (thought it isnt so difficult to be).

But Davide is too stubborn. In Italy people were super enthusiastic after the unexpected success in WCH 2018, that they forgot (Federation included), that they were in the middle of the process, actually, not even in the half way).

His approach in that final was also very questionable. Despite facing the best team in the world, Italy had their chances to win. In these Olympics, his decisions are even more questionable. Starting from the selection of players. He left players out who could have contribuited much more. It isnt like the case of South Korea.

I think he's a character, for sure. Agree 100% about the way you compared him with Blengini.

I'm still in awe at what Italy achieved in 2018, particularly that semifinal against China. I mean, people talk a lot about Egonuball, and it's only fair also. But what impressed me the most in 2018 was how he was able to bring together a bunch of youngsters with great potential, but still super green, in just a couple of years, plus amazing DeGennaro and Lucia, and made that team gel in a way where the whole was far greater than the sum of its parts. That is super impressive to me.

He's obviously not just a lucky guy. It's only fair that we expect great things from him, because he set the bar high.

• what's with the coaches and their bench utilization?

Karch not using Hill and Chi

JLP using injured Zhu and Yan

Guidetti using seyma over tugba

Mazzanti not using Sorokaite, Folie?

And then there's Busato who makes unnecessary substitution

• Covid-19 makes everyone a little bit stupid i guess.

• So far I could only watch 3rd set of SRB-ITA, but now I'm very much looking forward to BRA-ROC and hoping for 5 hard-fought sets :super:

I was really surprised to see Korea won, but looks like Turkey had a fair share in that result (not to diminish Korea's achievement though!). I'm very sorry for Turkish players, this was their big chance! Not so sorry for Guidetti though :whistle:

Also surprising and sad to see DOM couldn't put up a better fight...

Italy was painful to watch in what I saw :( Weak reception, bad sets and Egonu playing like back when she was 18 :aww: That's what the pressure of Olympics can do to players unfortunately, plus I agree with everyone who said Mazzanti didn't choose the right preparation plus roster.

• But its still not starting. I think it will start 9:30PM Japan Time

• Praying volleyball gods for Brasil <3

• afraid of Russia. Russia Pins have been playing amazing.

• Praying for an ROC win. I'm already nervous :cheesy:

• Sheilla and Fabiana on TV 📺