2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• I hope Argentina gets one of the tickets for QF.. USA and France are not yet safe

• A match like this cant finish in this way...what a pity really! What a mistake!

Congrats Brazil, what a way to come back! Leal was struggling a lot in the first two sets and part of three, but then he totally changed. We know he is one of the best OHs nowadays, but I agree that his lazy attitude in some matchs could turn into a big disadvantage for Brazil. Even in some easy defences, he prefered to not dive and keep the ball in the game. But his performance in the tie-break was just gold. He was asking Bruno to feed him.

And well, when Bruno is off, almost whole Brazil off.

Pity for Argentina. Once again, they are defeated by Brazil when they were the best team on the court for the most part of time. Even when Argentin was leading by 5-6 and I did expected a tie-break cuz usually Argentina has fear to win against Brazil, it is a psychological thing. There a lot of matches like this one (SA championship also finished over 15 points in the tie break, WL when they lose a set over the 35 points, Rio 2016 QF,etc). Maybe last time Argentina defeated Brazil in a key match was QF in Sydney 2000. Argentina qualified as 4th and Brazil one. Hugo Conte was in that match.

It's a pity...that 17-11 leading...gosh. They need a terminator. Lima >>>> Pereyra by far, but who else could have come from the bench and help to score?

• And that's it, end of tournament for our team. There is no way to recover mentally from this and beat France.

Our team played two great matches so far and lost both. It's so depressing. This one with no explanation other than being a small team (not talking about height).

It's the end for this generation of de cecco, conte, sole, etc. They never became more than above average players. At least Danani is a world class player, we'll have to build on that for the future.

• Argentina can still pull an upset on France & Russia.

• I don’t usually watch much men’s volleyball but I’ve really enjoyed a few matches already at the OG. Sad for Argentina but Brazil fought so well to come back in the 4th set, so kudos to them. :win:

• That 17-11 lead... Leal didn't even serve amazing any time, all the serves were received well more or less, it was just De Cecco setting imperfect and Lima/Conte squandering ball after ball! surreal.

Sorry... I need to check out from men's volleyball for a while, this left me traumatized.

• Argentina, France and USA have very similar games. But the first two have more strength and height, that's why Argentina usually struggled more against fast teams than against Russia for example.

I highly doubt Argentina could pull an upset against those two teams. Sure, it is Olympics, anything can happen, but this loss, the way how the victory and possible QFs qualification in the death pool slipped from their hands would burn a lot. Not sure if they could recover from this against France.

Btw, we know France was a teardrop against USA, but their body language changed a lot in today match against TUN. Different attitude.

• Whenever Thales is on court, Brazil only plays with 5 people.

Dont think so

• Don't cry for me Argentina:tzz: It would be a tough climb now in the pool.

There is France and Tunisia. Maybe can be enough

• Exciting match between Brazil and Argentina - That 6 point lead turnaround in the 4th set explains why Brazil is a top team and Argentina isn't.

But it is fair to say Argentina improved a lot compared to VNL. Two goods matches so far and Lima for me is the main turning point. We also shouldn't forget that this team has upset the Americans before in the worlds more than once so I wouldn't take this win for granted.