2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• Dang Italy got lucky with the draw and avoided Brazil..

It's fair though, 2nd teams will played 3rds, this is how it should be, Argentina-Japan draw would be unfair.

We've had Russia, Brazil and Italy since Athens in top4 on every Olympics, and it looks that it may be a case here as well, although Argentina will have legit chances to make it through.

Italy has been super lucky indeed. I know these Olympics are super unpredictable, but to be honest, I would bet all money to Brazil if they faced Italy in QFs. Actually, in any match. If Im not wrong, the last time Italy beat Brazil in a major tournament (not counting the extinct WL and current VNL) was in the World Cup 2011. And it was a super tight match, the tie-break was over the 15 pts (maybe it finished 21-19.

Then Brazil has just anhillated Italy in all the other matches.

• No

i expected italy and argentina to face brazil and japan

My 2 favs gonna eliminate themselves

I don't think a 2nd place team playing against 3rd place team is controversial... :/

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• So... Brazil and Poland won't meet in semifinals after all :gone:

• Nope, Italy defeated Brazil in Rio in GS.

Oh sure, it was 3-1. It wasnt a decisive match unfortunately for the Italians :(

• It's weird that the top two teams from the same group will play against each other in the semis, but well, at least the draw made the tournament some justice with 3x2 and 2x3.

• Schedule is released. All the matches in Japan time (GMT +9)

- Poland x France 09:00

- Italy x Argentina 13:00

- Japan x Brazil 17:00

- Russia x Canada 21:30

• If the draw led to JPN x ARG people would say it was cheated anyways...people will always criticize no matter what...

• We've had this draw since 2012 and I believe so far we have NEVER seen 2v2 and 3v3 as the outcome in either men's or women's!

That's 5 coin flips in a row and always the same face coming up, really curious...

• We've had this draw since 2012 and I believe so far we have NEVER seen 2v2 and 3v3 as the outcome in either men's or women's!

That's 5 coin flips in a row and always the same face coming up, really curious...

That's not true. The draw started in Beijing and it actually led to 2x2 and 3x3. China x Russia (3) and USA x Italy (2).