Brazil NT 2021

• I'm just being salty like she's being with Macris and Roberta... Don't read to much into it :saint:

As mdacs already said, she wasn't being salty. Dani Lins has always been very respectful towards other players. Voloch is the one who edited the interview in a way that he knew would make people talk about it. It worked.

• On another subject: I think there is a chance that sports events might be suspended in some places like the state of São Paulo, so if there is no bubble system, then the Superleague might not come to an end once again.

• On another subject: I think there is a chance that sports events might be suspended in some places like the state of São Paulo, so if there is no bubble system, then the Superleague might not come to an end once again.

You're right! After Monday (March 15) , all sports events will be suspended in the state of São Paulo.

• You're right! After Monday (March 15) , all sports events will be suspended in the state of São Paulo.

OMG I wrote it in the wrong thread:lol::lol::lol:

• Zé Roberto released his first list:

S: Dani Lins, Roberta

OPP: Tandara, Lorenne, Rosamaria

MB: Adenízia, Bia, Mayany

OH: Ana Cristina

L: Camila Brait, Nyeme

Karina (OH), Lorena and Diana (MBs) will be there for training too, but probably won't make it to the VNL.

I think this list is quite revealing... Amanda, Fabíola, Drussyla, Mara, Sheilla and Jaqueline are probably out. I wasn't expecting to see Amanda out.

Source: https://cbv.com.br/noticia/283…onvocam-primeiros-atletas

• Drisylla almost didn't playthiseason

mara was bad but bia too so....

Fabiola bad season as amanda

Sheilla and jaque even if they did quite good seasons,their contribution is doubtful

For first time ze is really smart

• Thank you, Lord! Bia shouldn't have been called either.. Other than that, good list (only if Rosamaria was actually called for a Opp spot. If Ze insists again on using her as a OH, it would have been better to have called Bruna Honório)

• I hate Bia but she played better than Mara.

I also think he was smart not inviting the others you mention. I was just uncertain because Ze doesn't give a f*ck about how players are doing in clubs. In 2019 he invited Sheilla after 3 years without touching a ball... So, who knows, right?

• Zé also confirmed today that Gattaz will be invited after the finals.

I think Macris, Thaísa, Gattaz, Fe Garay, Carol, Natália, Gabi and perhaps Pri Daroit are going to be his last calls.

That's what I think will happen. It's weird to have only 4 OHs and I don't think the list will be much longer than 18-19...

I hope he doesn't use Rosamaria as OH :down: I would even prefer Tandara as OH

• Zé also confirmed today that Gattaz will be invited after the finals.

I think Macris, Thaísa, Gattaz, Fe Garay, Carol, Natália, Gabi and perhaps Pri Daroit are going to be his last calls.

Gattaz despite being almost 40 still plays on a high level. Did she ever officially retire from national team? When was the last time she joined NT?

And do you guys think she will accept the invitation?

• No Tainara or Gabi Cândido as well :wavy:

Calling Daroit at this point would be simply bizarre. I think it's safe to say now that the OHs in Tokyo will be Gabi, Natália, Garay and Ana Cristina (if she wants to). Wonder why Zé didn't even call Maira for trainings.

Also rooting for Nyeme. Let's that that triple cut for Brait!

• Gattaz despite being almost 40 still plays on a high level. Did she ever officially retire from national team? When was the last time she joined NT?

And do you guys think she will accept the invitation?

She will accept it, but in my opinion she does not deserve it. She denied to play a few years ago because of her physical limitations. I don't think she can even handle an entire VNL and I hate to say this but she never had a great international level. She surely hasn't improved that now, we saw it in the last couple world club championships.

She never retired from the NT but her last appearances were in 2010/2011 (I'm not counting the 2013 grand champions cup because that was a despair movement from Zé) after being cut for the 2004 and the 2008 OGs. She was not a contender for a spot in 2012 or 2016. She played in two world championships as backup for Fabiana/Wal/Thaísa and played as a starter in a few Grand Prix editions when another MB was injured.

• No Tainara or Gabi Cândido as well :wavy:

Calling Daroit at this point would be simply bizarre. I think it's safe to say now that the OHs in Tokyo will be Gabi, Natália, Garay and Ana Cristina (if she wants to). Wonder why Zé didn't even call Maira for trainings.

Also rooting for Nyeme. Let's that that triple cut for Brait!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• besides mayani,nyeme and pri daroit for me the rest of the players have chances to go to OG

(Yes ze loves bia)

So it seems brazil gonna be full power at VNL

Let's see if that strategy works for ze roberto

• She will accept it, but in my opinion she does not deserve it. She denied to play a few years ago because of her physical limitations. I don't think she can even handle an entire VNL and I hate to say this but she never had a great international level. She surely hasn't improved that now, we saw it in the last couple world club championships.

She never retired from the NT but her last appearances were in 2010/2011 (I'm not counting the 2013 grand champions cup because that was a despair movement from Zé) after being cut for the 2004 and the 2008 OGs. She was not a contender for a spot in 2012 or 2016. She played in two world championships as backup for Fabiana/Wal/Thaísa and played as a starter in a few Grand Prix editions when another MB was injured.

The problem is that Brazil doesn't have a reliable slide hitter with Fabiana's retirement. Gattaz is the best we have in the Superliga, but like you said, I'm afraid for her physical condition. She is 40 already and the trainning in NT is really hard...

• She will accept it, but in my opinion she does not deserve it. She denied to play a few years ago because of her physical limitations. I don't think she can even handle an entire VNL and I hate to say this but she never had a great international level. She surely hasn't improved that now, we saw it in the last couple world club championships.

I think when she denied the invitation was right after having an injury in semifinals against Sesc during season 17/18 (or I am crazy?). She knew that she wouldn't make it. I think being absent was perhaps a good move for her - she managed to keep her great physical form and now she can sacrifice just one year playing for both clubs and NT.

I think she deserve the call. However, I don't think she's far ahead of other players precisely because of what you said: she never managed to play great in international competitions (her performance in the past two clubs WCH was just average). But at this point, I think it's worth trying. Thaísa is playing great, and Carol was average if we analyse the entire season (she has been quite good in the past games, though). But Adenízia and Bia are a mess, and we saw how Mayany cracked in the semifinals.