Brazil NT 2021

• Sheila to compete in USA League in 2021

Source: https://www.fivb.com/en/about/…o-feature-in-new?id=91527

For those bidding her goodbye in NT, after reading the above article, it seems she is intent on making the Tokyo squad after all. :wavy:

• Sheila to compete in USA League in 2021

Source: https://www.fivb.com/en/about/…o-feature-in-new?id=91527

For those bidding her goodbye in NT, after reading the above article, it seems she is intent on making the Tokyo squad after all. :wavy:

Haha last year her performance was so awful

Now she want go to tokyo playing a league of 2 months?

Nice move

• Roberta slowly showing she earns the spot back. I wish she will go to Tokyo. She had an amazing run as starter this cycle before Macris created her magic. Macris & Roberta are the best fit for the sport right now. Gabi & Natalia should be there too since there is no other OH that has stepped up to the plate. I won’t be surprised of Garay gets called too. Tandara will be the main Opp, with Lorenne as her back up. MB is the position I am least worried because Brazil has many good ones. Is Brait back to playing for the NT?

• and I think the mod can change the title of this thread already to 2021.

That's not how it's done. If you want to, you can open the new thread called "Brazil NT 2021" (in this sub-forum).

• Mkmalaluan

Changed the title of the thread from “Brazil NT 2020” to “Brazil NT 2021”.
  • This topic is a bit out of date, but after Superliga's qualification matches, I'm more hopeful for the future of the NT. We have some young prospects that can develop well and keep a good level for Brazil after Tokyo Olympics. It's obvious that not all of them will turn into world-class players, but we should keep an eye on:

Wing Spiker:

-Ana Cristina (Flamengo/1,93 - the best prospect for the position)

-Maira (Barueri/1,87)

-Karina (Barueri/1,79)

-Mayara (Fluminense/1,81)

Opposite Hitter:

-Lorrayna (Barueri/1,86)

-Kisy (Barueri/1,89)

Middle Blocker:

-Diana (Barueri/1,93)

-Lorena (Barueri/1,91)

-Mayany (Osasco/1,85)

-Julia Kudiess (Minas/1,89)

Setter:

-Jackeline (Barueri/1,74)

-Kenia (Barueri/1,85)

Libero

-Nyeme (Barueri/1,75)

There are others, like Kimberly (1,90 OPP from Pinheiros), Pietra (1,84 OH from Curitiba), Milena (1,80 OH from Curitiba), Ariane (1,90 OPP from Brasilia), Leticia (Libero from Fluminense), Gabi Candido (1,81 OH from Osasco)) and Tainara (1,87 OH from Osasco)...

• Wow these prospects are quite tall.

• I like your list. I would add Natinha, who despite her injury, is also a good prospect.

• I just saw it today the interview with Dani Lins, and I'm thinking, what's going wrong with her?

At some point she says something like "What pisses me of is when players scream at my face, being disrespectful, this I don't admit, and then I say: "Look, I'm an olympic champion, you respect me!" Wait, what? She is in a team with Polina, Dobriana, Adenizia and Mara, no other team it's more louder then Sesi Bauru in Superliga. And you are really gonna play with the Olympic champion card in other's player's faces?

In other moment, about the setters competition, she said: "Macris and Roberta are doing very well, but Superliga it's one thing, NT is another". If she didn't said, I probably wouldn't know that.

She are saying with other words that, Macris and Roberta don't have the international experience that she has, and I agree with her. But, from 2017 until now, was Macris and Roberta who played all the championships with Brazil. She joined the team in 2018, for two occasions, and in both, Brazil had the worst performance in years, I'm not saying she was the main cause, but had a contribuition in the failure of those campaigns.

She can dream about the Olympics, is her right to do it, because she used to be a good setter, had a great moment in the NT, and for me she was the MVP of London, but we are in 2021, and imho she is underperforming since, at least 2015, she is far from being untouchable, so girl just chill and try to be nice. :flower:

https://www.otempo.com.br/opin…-quero-estar-la-1.2457100

• Dani Lins was one of Brazilian's best setters in history. She is not anymore but this doesn't erase everything she did in clubs and in the NT.

OTOH, the interview is indeed kinda bizarre :lol:

• Dani Lins was one of Brazilian's best setters in history. She is not anymore but this doesn't erase everything she did in clubs and in the NT.

OTOH, the interview is indeed kinda bizarre :lol:

Considering that for almost 20 years brazil had the same setters yes

But far of the level of the best

• Considering that for almost 20 years brazil had the same setters yes

But far of the level of the best

I don't know exactly if you are agreeing with me or not but I specifically said Brazilian's best setters.

This is considering what I watched in the past 20+ years or in old videos from youtube. To simply imply that Fernanda was good and Dani was bad is wrong in my opinion .

• I think the interview got a bad edit. It was a live on Instagram with Bruno Voloch and she said that Macris and Roberta are playing great. Then Bruno interrupted Dani to say that sometimes people disagree with him because he's against the presence of some players in the NT. He was the one who said that playing in clubs and in the NT are completely different things - and Dani agreed with that. Honestly, everyone would agree with this statement. Then they started talking about how different it is to play in the NT.

I don't think she was directing her comment to the performances of both Macris and Roberta.

• I don't know exactly if you are agreeing with me or not but I specifically said Brazilian's best setters.

This is considering what I watched in the past 20+ years or in old videos from youtube. To simply imply that Fernanda was good and Dani was bad is wrong in my opinion .

I'm just being salty like she's being with Macris and Roberta... Don't read to much into it :saint:

• Dani Lins thinks she's Venturini, but Fernanda at least was good

Sorry for the offtopic, despite of I dont like at all Venturi personality as well as I dont agree with her in many aspects, I do consider that she was not just "good". Personally, I consider her in the top 10 of best setters in vball history. Just talking about her skills.

If we talk about professionality inside and outside the court, she is miles away from the great and irreplaceable Ana Moser.