Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Yesemin should leave Eczacibasi! Beyza always gets the preference above her, but she doesn't contribute anything:down:

• Do you guys think Hande always gets bad/OOS balls and do you think that might a reason for her bad performance?

TBH gets all kinds of balls, but I wouldn't say that the number of OOS is significant (not the majority), her efficiency in attack is noticeable even on perfect setts, which are a real rarest in Ecz this season, certainly the lack of consistency and quality of setters, and therefore the whole team, affects the performance of all the players, including Hande, but I still think that her personal share in the bad editions is too big (actually not necessarily bad, but below expectations). I'm worried about her, I thought this would be the final year of the transition to a higher level, that she would take one of the leading positions in the league in every sense, it didn't happen, it's painless to blame the setters who deserve every criticism, but do is it the only reason for Hande underperforming, we'll see .....

• There was rumours the atmosphere in EczV isn't great and there is beef and it was kinda confirmed from what I heard, the issue being mainly between the coach and the players but maybe even among the players Idk that.

You can tell there is 0 team synergy at this point indeed. They look like they're just playing to finish the match :gone:

Indeed...there were moments that it felt like there were just six random people playing on the floor and not six team members that have trained and bonded with each other for so long.

• TBH even before the match start, i expect Vakif win 3-0 or maybe 3-1, but not this way, under (v =) 20 pts. in all sets. That is really embarrassing.

• It's a bit funny actually. For years Eczaci failed with big names, now they decided to go for younger players and still they manage to fail :aww: In a different, but equally painful to watch way...

I wonder when they will release its not always about players. They need a system. With big names they can reach to certain level but still fail at the end.

They really need to change things.

• Poor Boskovic, waisting her talent in Ecz. :down:

• Don't worry guys, the youth is always a plus. I'm sure it's still too early to write them off and they are definitely NOT all eagerly waiting for this season/torture to be over.:saint:

:P

• All jokes aside, this travesty could have been predicted (ahem and some of us did ahem) as soon as we knew who setters will be. Many got blinded by the fact that most of the spikers and MBs were below 25 years, and thought that would somehow magically make up for the fact that neither of the setters are among top 100 setters in the world (or just barely). Hopefully, this will definitely teach the management never again to stake their whole season on hoping to sign up 1 good setter, and when failing to do that, hoping that 2 bad-to-mediocre ones might do.

Judging by the fact that they signed Maja, they at least got that message.

• I wonder when they will release its not always about players. They need a system. With big names they can reach to certain level but still fail at the end.

They really need to change things.

The consistently lack of top local players is the biggest issue of Ecz. Simge is the only top local player they have in recent years. Hande was expected to be another one after her stunning performance at the Olympic Qualification tournament, but she’s far from that form after her injury.

With the resources they have, they should have more local talents from their youth team to develop as their own star players, like Vakif has successfully done in these years. From Gozde, Kubra, Gizem Örge, to Cansu, Zehra, Karakurt, and even to Ayca & Tugba, they are the real reason to make Vakif so successful. OTOH the local players other than Simge & Hande, the only one Ecz keeps investing on is Beyza...
    :gone:

• IMO will be very interesting to see match between Eczacibasi and THY in 1/4 final of Kupa Voley (11.02.), that will be 6th match in 13 days for Eczacibasi, so in addition to the standards of weak games, there will be additional aggravating circumstances for Eczacibasi in the form of fatigue and wounds after such a convincing defeat by Vakif. OTOH THY after important win against Nilufer, maybe will have enough self confident to step up and acomplished one more win against big three.

• Hande's reception is always a loophole. Siliha looks more like libero than an OH on court.

Elif is inexperienced to carry a strong team like Ecz. She was outplayed by Maja on every level.

Eczacibasi has no chance in CL with this roster.

• Fenerbahçe is interested to Brakocevic? LOL

https://www.voleybolmagazin.co…te-mi-geliyor-ozel-haber/

LOL, i mean she is still quite good, but far from her legendary shape from 2011/12/13.

It's hard for me to believe in this rumor, I have to be honest and say I thought about her in the Turkish league again, because with the quality she deserves it, but more like Galatasaray, Nilufer, THY.

I am afraid that Fenerbahce will not succeed in their aspirations, in way of enlisting volleyball superstars, even Terzic said they infinity budget and management wishes are not enough conditions.

• And what is gone happend after Eda retire. And that can happend after next season.

Literally noone can fill her spot, and Naz is not super young.

Turkish teams needs to focus on young players ASAP !!!!