2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• vnl starts at may 25

So players gonna have at least a little break after clubs season

• Does Italy not already qualify for the finals since they're hosting?

It only says top 4 teams advance to the final round. It would've said top 3 plus Italy if they're included, but maybe they changed it this year given the situation. I'm guessing host country does not matter, Italy will still need to make the points into top 4 if they want to make the finals.

It only says top 4 teams advance to the final round. It would've said top 3 plus Italy if they're included, but maybe they changed it this year given the situation. I'm guessing host country does not matter, Italy will still need to make the points into top 4 if they want to make the finals.

No I dont think so... It wouldn't be fair/make much sense if they did.

only top four, all teams in are in the same both this time. You've got to win to make the semifinals.

• If all things go smoothly who do we see making top four?

USA for sure, Brazil if they can safely make it to the bubble, Italy if they want to win it on home court, and maybe Turkey?

China could change things up if they do send their A team.

NO,italy isn't qualified

Cev do it now with the superfinals and imo fivb should apply it...the home country don't need to be at the final if they didn't earned it

And about the semi finals imo usa is only granted,maybe turkey also that they take it seriously

Maybe japan also

• If all things go smoothly who do we see making top four?

USA for sure, Brazil if they can safely make it to the bubble, Italy if they want to win it on home court, and maybe Turkey?

China could change things up if they do send their A team.

I would expect China to send the A team for sure but not necessarily play all their A-team strategies with the Olympics being so close.

• NT teams needs playing time together as much as possible. They didn’t play together for more than year and half or even more.

Hard to believe they are gone play frendly matches before Olympics. So I’m expecting many NT sending their best players. You don’t have so much time to prepare and to play many matches before Olympics. :|

• remember that you gonna play finals with the players you used in regular phase

So it's not that you use B team and then the A team...it isn't possible anymore

• some teams were complaining to fivb and asking to extend their list of players

So that was true that you needed to send a minimum of players that were in last championships

There's poland,russia and local Italy

• I think with this rule many NT are gone send their best players.

Their is not better training for your team from playing the matches. Especially when it comes to cuting the players from final roster for Olympics.

• I think with this rule many NT are gone send their best players.

Their is not better training for your team from playing the matches. Especially when it comes to cuting the players from final roster for Olympics.

At contrary

With last rule you were forced to play with 18 players all tournament what makes you play with you 12 to OG + 6

Now the teams could let their best players at home to rest and bring them back for the last part of championship

• At contrary

With last rule you were forced to play with 18 players all tournament what makes you play with you 12 to OG + 6

Now the teams could let their best players at home to rest and bring them back for the last part of championship

provided they are quarantined as best as possible.

• Will the pool configuration be the same as the 2020 VNL edition that didn't happen and dates just adjusted to fit the 3 days of matches followed by 3 days of rest format?

WorldofVolley :: VNL 2020: Host countries for the 2020 VNL

• Will the pool configuration be the same as the 2020 VNL edition that didn't happen and dates just adjusted to fit the 3 days of matches followed by 3 days of rest format?

WorldofVolley :: VNL 2020: Host countries for the 2020 VNL

Maybe but normally if you look the groups are organized in different continents and countriws so we would watch all matches during day

Maybe they change

• Do we know how many locations they are using?

Will there even need to be "pools" as play is just a complete round robin? (I think)

how can it be a bubble if there are multiple locations?

There weren't really "pools" in pre-corona VNL either -- it was just one giant RR.