Politics and social issues

• He is celebrating by saying they are LGBTI, we are not

I'm beyond disgusted by this ignorance and homophobia

This has been his slogan during his election campaign…it is unbelievable this still works in 2023, I am so sorry for younger generation and LGBT community in my country, as long as this cult/religious community culture is going on in the country, I see no improvement or change in the government in near future;(;(

• This has been his slogan during his election campaign…it is unbelievable this still works in 2023, I am so sorry for younger generation and LGBT community in my country, as long as this cult/religious community culture is going on in the country, I see no improvement or change in the government in near future;(;(

We have to unite and not let them play us. The nationalist and conservative vote was overstated this election, they didn't add anything to CHP. We could use those years to speak to more young people that are willing to vote progressive and the eastern provinces (which had the lowest turnout after being ignored but highest pro CHP vote) Also CHP has to stop spreading false polls.

We saw how working with conservatives and nationalists worked this election. Babacan and Davutoğlu stole our seats without added votes and Ogan pretended to be anti Erdoğan but turned out to be a Russian puppet... The people that voted him didn't even necessarily listen to him either so we gave him free promotion while he is nothing.

The election strategy has to change, however it's very difficult this time imo. I expect even less media freedom and more oppression of the opposition, currently the 48% are unanimously being called terrorist by the 52%. Very dangerous sadly.

• The results are disappointing yet we should see the full side of the glass too. Basically the results are saying: "every second person in this country hates you and does not approve you". Not sure how influential these numbers will be in his future decisions but they are all aware that they cannot do anything they want otherwise half of the country is waiting to protest.

To me it is funny to read that people expect too much from the main opposition part - CHP and blame them for all the failures. What people don't understand is, Turkey became like US where people vote between 2 options in the end and this is beneficial for center right/right wing parties where main opposition is social democrats. Looking at Turkish people's political choices, it can be said that roughly 60% of the country identify themselves as center-right/right wing, where the numbers are growing with the addition of new citizens, mainly refugees. On the other side, left-wing people are probably around 35% of the country, where the numbers increase with youngsters voting the first time. So in this equation, it is very difficult to expect a social democrat led opposition to get more than 50% of the votes, more importantly, it was an extremely difficult task to unite left wing people with kurdish and nationalists at the same time.

What people should blame is lack of other strong center, center-right parties which can/should steal votes from Erdogan's government. So many of us forget a close history, late 90s, where Turkey had 4-5 center right parties in parliament, all getting around 10-15% of the votes each. Today, they are all under the same umbrella, the union of Erdogan which also explains why he involves any potential leader rising with center-right background (with a few failures such as Meral Aksener). His health condition looked terrible during the last 6 months and I am sure it will get worse, especially when the country is dealing with so many problems right now. To me it is very clear, if Erdogan quits, there is noone as strong as him to unite all those center-right voters, which means we might go back to having 3-4 parties sharing those votes and therefore seeing coalition governments. This is of course unless they make a drastic change in constitution which I assume is difficult due to 50/50 votes in the election (not enforcing legally, but creating a psychological barrier).

• We have to unite and not let them play us. The nationalist and conservative vote was overstated this election, they didn't add anything to CHP. We could use those years to speak to more young people that are willing to vote progressive and the eastern provinces (which had the lowest turnout after being ignored but highest pro CHP vote) Also CHP has to stop spreading false polls.

We saw how working with conservatives and nationalists worked this election. Babacan and Davutoğlu stole our seats without added votes and Ogan pretended to be anti Erdoğan but turned out to be a Russian puppet... The people that voted him didn't even necessarily listen to him either so we gave him free promotion while he is nothing.

The election strategy has to change, however it's very difficult this time imo. I expect even less media freedom and more oppression of the opposition, currently the 48% are unanimously being called terrorist by the 52%. Very dangerous sadly.

Thanks for the excellent analysis of the whole election period, the government has already started calling to detain some of the opposition twitter accounts’ adminsX(

• not sure what you expect from a majority of Muslim religion when it comes to their opinion on the LGBTQ. Once a candidate is openly bannering the lgbtq, that's an automatic downvote from very religious people.

And is it justified? 🤦

• And is it justified? 🤦

Just stating a fact. Whether it's justified or not, religious people will not warm up to the lgbtq movement.

and the lgbtq group aren't helping themselves either when it comes to how they are promoted in the media.

-erasing the word woman

-transwomen in women's sports

-teaching sensitive ideas on children about lgbtq

-and so on.

sadly, these radical and out of touch ideas by few members eclipse the real and more meaningful conversation we should be having for lgbtq inclusion.

that's why the reaction of religious people also swings on the extreme.

• WTF?🤦 How come is it LGBT group's fault again? What kind of sensitive ideas do they teach to youth? "Don't hate yourself and commit suicide if you are different and if you don't feel fit into bigoted people". Embracing differences and tolerating others are sensitive ideas?🤦 What 'radical' ideas are you implying? It is disgusting to see you are trying to justify homophobia in society and pretending as if it is LGBT group's fault.

Drag Queens reading books to children is harmless whereas poisoning their minds by teaching them religion is not.

• WTF?🤦 How come is it LGBT group's fault again? What kind of sensitive ideas do they teach to youth? "Don't hate yourself and commit suicide if you are different and if you don't feel fit into bigoted people". Embracing differences and tolerating others are sensitive ideas?🤦 What 'radical' ideas are you implying? It is disgusting to see you are trying to justify homophobia in society and pretending as if it is LGBT group's fault.

Drag Queens reading books to children is harmless whereas poisoning their minds by teaching them religion is not.

it seems the comprehension isn't there on your part.. all i said is that any religious group would not be very open towards candidates that openly supports the lgbtq. that is a fact. no matter how unfortunate it is.

go back to what i said and read it again.

there is indeed a lot of conversation we should be having to include everyone. sadly it is the minority on social media that are the loudest. and they do have radical thoughts. they have been pushing trasnwomen in women's sports in the name of inclusion. tell me what's not radical about that. sports organizations have been pressured to respond and some even allowed transwomen in women's sports and robbing women of spots in the process.

it is these loud minority group that is destroying the lgbtq group.. when the fact is more lgbtq people are actually fighting for what matters that we should support. but the media is amplifying these minority of radical thinkers.

i would like to think that you simply missed my point . i refuse to believe that your comprehension is low.

there are actually more radical ideas these minority groups are pushing. for example you simply have to say you're a woman (no tests needed etc) and you can use women only spaces, participate in women's sports etc. compelled speech (where you can be fired from your job, cancelld etc simply for "misgendering" someone). the media is to blame really (and social media) for amplifying these cases that's why the animosity towards the lgbtq is getting bigger. when in truth is most lgbtq group just want meaningful inclusion. and that is my point. people respond to what is amplified in the media.

so how is it that i support homophobia?

• it seems the comprehension isn't there on your part.. all i said is that any religious group would not be very open towards candidates that openly supports the lgbtq. that is a fact. no matter how unfortunate it is.

go back to what i said and read it again.

But the thing is, that's not ALL you said, is it? Nor is it all you are continuing to say. You have taken the talking points from conservative media/pundits straight up, without nuance and as if all they are saying in their cultural war were an objective fact. You lament that the radical voices on the left/progressive side (who conservative media help to highlight by constantly talking about them) bringing the whole LGBTQ+ movement into disrepute, yet you perpetuate that unfairness by repeating conservative talking points.

You know what would be enough for you to do as an individual (at least online) to make the world not worse for LGBTQ+ community and the people in it, if that is your desired goal? Not to repeat their enemies's talking points. That's it. Those enemies will do that often enough even without your help.

• It seems that you could be a great consultant for Erdoğan based on your malignant argumentation, distortion of facts, exaggerating rare occasions.🤦 People like you who is repeating bigoted perspective under pinkwashing is hurting LGBT people more than others. As if you are on our side and supporting inclusivity but not really though, huh?😒

Discriminating certain part of LGBT community and marginalizing them show your lack of empathy and homophobia. And there is no 'partial homophobia' against some part of this community 🤦

Those religious people also didn't like it when being gay was not considered as a disease anymore just a few decades ago. But fortunately thanks to some people who were brave enough to offend those religious people and not follow their narrative, today, being LGBT is not considered as a disease in many countries (not all yet unfortunately). Excluding transgender or any other minority groups from this fight against bigotry is not the way to go.

i would like to think that your comprehension is low or you are simply an illeterate person struggling to see how these arguments indeed hurts LGBT community. i refuse to believe that these are written on purpose to make propaganda of right wing media to put the blame on LGBT people.

• But the thing is, that's not ALL you said, is it? Nor is it all you are continuing to say. You have taken the talking points from conservative media/pundits straight up, without nuance and as if all they are saying in their cultural war were an objective fact. You lament that the radical voices on the left/progressive side (who conservative media help to highlight by constantly talking about them) bringing the whole LGBTQ+ movement into disrepute, yet you perpetuate that unfairness by repeating conservative talking points.

You know what would be enough for you to do as an individual (at least online) to make the world not worse for LGBTQ+ community and the people in it, if that is your desired goal? Not to repeat their enemies's talking points. That's it. Those enemies will do that often enough even without your help.

goodness me. that's why reading is important. just like i said;

1. the media and social media (from either side) is to blame for this.

2. i'm not not justifying anything. just stating a fact.

3. "perpetuate that unfairness by repeating conservative talking points". tell me, are trasnwomen in women's sports fair in the first place? that should not be a conservative talking point. everybody should question that. specially that we are talking about sports. what nuance are you asking for this kind of radical ideas? are you saying we shouldn't talk about them because they make the movement look bad?

you know what you can do as an individual to help the lgbtq cause? call out these ridiculous ideas that doesn't help the movement. it's those ideas i mentioned above that's making the lgbtq movement down. and instead of calling them out you are lashing out on people who are questioning them.

they are worth repeating because they should be out of the movement. they're not helping the lgbtq cause.

• People are finding it hard to swallow Smartzek's comments. Especially whe she said "I don't like Turkey."

The Turks took offense naturally and felt attacked.

I think she just worded it wrongly. Maybe she meant she doesn't the league and not Turkey or its people. Probably has something to do with how involved the fans are with volleyball in Turkey?

Idk

but she just shoot herself in the foot with these statements.

• People are finding it hard to swallow Smartzek's comments. Especially whe she said "I don't like Turkey."

The Turks took offense naturally and felt attacked.

I think she just worded it wrongly. Maybe she meant she doesn't the league and not Turkey or its people. Probably has something to do with how involved the fans are with volleyball in Turkey?

Idk

but she just shoot herself in the foot with these statements.

When did she say that??

• she also talked about brazil how it was not safe and that osasco still have a debt with her and that league was only made of 4 strong teams

Brazilian also starting to dislike her,the gurl is in an awful situation and make comments to be more hated