USA-Athletes Unlimited League

• Alex Holston made USA B/C Team rosters a while back or am I not remembering correctly? She did pretty well when she subbed in the past few games.

Yes, after that she signed contract with Chemik in Poland and there she got injured. Later, she spent 2 years in Bulgaria.

• Larson knows Sheilla well. How many times did the USA lose to Brazil in the World Grand Prix Finals, Olympics? Let alone in Turkey with Vitra vs. Vakifbank.

I believe USA has more winnings in Grand Prix than Brazil during Larson’s time. The rest is pretty accurate (though Sheilla was a bench girl in Vakif).

• About the Grand Prix, counting from 2009, that’s when Larson joined the USA NT, Sheilla won 4 titles with Brazil (2009, 2013, 2014 and 2016) while Larson won 3 (2010, 2011 and 2015). In terms of who won more matches since then, I really don’t know, but, if I had to guess, I would say it was Brazil.
    But when it comes to clubs, I think Larson has won more. She won the 2014 Club World Championship Final against Osasco, won the CEV Champions League Semi Final against Vakif, and I think in 2015 in Turkish League, Vitra won both games against Vakif too.

*Sorry, I think this may be a little off topic

• You are right. Brazil has won many more matches against the US in the Grand Prix since 2009. I like that the numbers have been provided correctly by you, but I also think that both players have achieved so many great titles and important victories in their career that this comparison is kinda pointless now. Of course Sheilla has 2 Olympics titles and Larson has none. But I think that Sheilla missed a great opportunity of winning a champions league title in both years she was playing in Turkey.

I think it's nice that Chewing Gum (Chiclet?) chose Mom From Brazil. Larson knows Sheilla is in a bad form but she also knows she might play well depending on the team's system.

About the Grand Prix, counting from 2009, that’s when Larson joined the USA NT, Sheilla won 4 titles with Brazil (2009, 2013, 2014 and 2016) while Larson won 3 (2010, 2011 and 2015). In terms of who won more matches since then, I really don’t know, but, if I had to guess, I would say it was Brazil.
    But when it comes to clubs, I think Larson has won more. She won the 2014 Club World Championship Final against Osasco, won the CEV Champions League Semi Final against Vakif, and I think in 2015 in Turkish League, Vitra won both games against Vakif too.

*Sorry, I think this may be a little off topic

• Sheilla should be starting this week... but Holston ended last week strong so who knows.

Are any of the matched on TV this week in Brazil? I bet they will be if they aren’t lol

Yes, the will broadcast all 6 matches (5 on ESPN streaming and 1 on the ESPN tv channel).

I found out that they are showing some of the NCAA matches also. I wonder who in Brazil is watching this:/

• Yes, the will broadcast all 6 matches (5 on ESPN streaming and 1 on the ESPN tv channel).

I found out that they are showing some of the NCAA matches also. I wonder who in Brazil is watching this:/

Nice! Hopefully Team Larson is one of the on TV ones

(Are any of them Georgia Tech; they have two great Brazilians, Mariana Brambilla and Julia Bergmann)

• Nice! Hopefully Team Larson is one of the on TV ones

(Are any of them Georgia Tech; they have two great Brazilians, Mariana Brambilla and Julia Bergmann)

I heard Mariana is doing great, is that true? Sometimes Brazilian fans are a little bit too emotional lol

I just saw that they will show 8 matches this weekend, including Texas A&M vs Georgia. I will try to watch it!

• I heard Mariana is doing great, is that true? Sometimes Brazilian fans are a little bit too emotional lol

I just saw that they will show 8 matches this weekend, including Texas A&M vs Georgia. I will try to watch it!

Yep, they both are actually. (minus both had a rough day on Monday lol)

Mariana is avg over 4.5 kills/set and about 3 digs/set. Bergmann is close behind those stats and she's one of the best servers in the country.

• Bergmann has traveled with Brazil for VNL 2019. So weird she decided to play in NCAA instead of go pro directly. How’s the state of pro volley in Brazeel?

Ze was not happy she went.

She wanted a free physics degree... Not many places better than Georgia Tech.

EDIT: And both of her coaches are from Brazil. Michelle Collier and Claudio Pinheiro.

• I thought she was awful in the few times she played during the VNL but it seems like she's been improving.