Japan Women's NT 2021

• I Agree. Ishii hasnt been impressive this season in the V league. That reflects on their rankings. I would count more on Sarina Koga as she played really well this year. Seems like her good form is back. I would rather see Mayu Ishikawa play as a starter than Ishii.

Ishii is guaranteed to be one of the starters. The best thing about her is her stamina and she's also a Nakada veteran. She will likely be far more motivated in the NT where everything else is reinforced.

If you noticed, JVA already started pushing Kurogo to be the center. My guess is that it will be Araki, Koga, Kurogo and Mayu as the main PR stars for the Olympics.

All Nippon Airways stated that it will continue running it's campaign for Ryuji Nippon but not Hinotori which says a lot about their current state. Only Yuki Ishikawa is untouchable at the moment.

• Ishii is guaranteed to be one of the starters. The best thing about her is her stamina and she's also a Nakada veteran. She will likely be far more motivated in the NT where everything else is reinforced.

If you noticed, JVA already started pushing Kurogo to be the center. My guess is that it will be Araki, Koga, Kurogo and Mayu as the main PR stars for the Olympics.

All Nippon Airways stated that it will continue running it's campaign for Ryuji Nippon but not Hinotori which says a lot about their current state. Only Yuki Ishikawa is untouchable at the moment.

I won’t be surprised if Ishii will be. Yes! Its because of Nakada. But still a toss between her and Ishikawa. But i prefer the latter. Koga i believe should be one of the main OH’s. I would be really surpsised if she won’t.

• Japan Volleyball Association:

Japan's pre-Olympic international match against China in May might be the only international match.

The Japan Volleyball Association (JVA) held its regular Board of Directors meeting on March 11, and Yoshinori Kaji, Secretary General of the JVA, responded to an online interview. If future international tournaments cannot be held due to the effects of the new coronavirus, the May 1 and 2 games against China for both the men's and women's teams "may be the last international games for the Japanese national teams before the Tokyo Olympics," he said.

On this day, 134 days remain until the Tokyo Olympics. Due to the Corona disaster, the Japanese national team has not been able to play enough international matches, and it is unclear whether they will be able to hold the Nations League qualifying round, which is scheduled. The Athletes' Track, a measure to ease restrictions on activities, is also suspended, and Japan is "very worried" about the possibility of holding the test match against China. We are asking them to apply the athlete track somehow, but we haven't received a conclusion on what will happen if they can't apply it, so we can't say anything at this time.

Both the men's and women's teams are scheduled to play China at the Ariake Arena, the site of the Tokyo Olympics, as a test event in May. The men's event will be held for two days (May 1 and 2), while the women's event will be held for one day only.

- Sponichi *google translated

• That can't be it. They need to reconsider all their options. Nakada took in two "recovering" players who she will most likely highly rely on: Nagaoka and Sato and the whole point of preserving them was to see how they'd be able to hold up playing in an international stage.

• That can't be it. They need to reconsider all their options. Nakada took in two "recovering" players who she will most likely highly rely on: Nagaoka and Sato and the whole point of preserving them was to see how they'd be able to hold up playing in an international stage.

Nagaoka trained with a foreign therapist, same guy who worked on Kosheleva, along with JVA/Hisamitsu's inhouse physiotherapists.

I don't know with Sato because Hitachi hasn't put out any updates about her. Sato herself hasn't really reassured fans of her condition. It would've been ideal last March 7 during her birthday. Which is why I'm concluding that her injury isn't as severe to begin with but that maybe she just felt it was necessary to rest. That's not how it was presented when they suddenly switched her as an assistant coach at Hitachi but whatever they didn't bother elaborating.

• Nagaoka trained with a foreign therapist, same guy who worked on Kosheleva, along with JVA/Hisamitsu's inhouse physiotherapists.

I don't know with Sato because Hitachi hasn't put out any updates about her. Sato herself hasn't really reassured fans of her condition. It would've been ideal last March 7 during her birthday. Which is why I'm concluding that her injury isn't as severe to begin with but that maybe she just felt it was necessary to rest. That's not how it was presented when they suddenly switched her as an assistant coach at Hitachi but whatever they didn't bother elaborating.

It's a bad idea that they settle for just one friendly match and opt out of VNL. A huge disadvantage on their part not knowing how and what to adjust before the Olympics in case Nakada's plan to use both Sato and Nagaoka fail. A setter is especially crucial. Nakada's about to exit with this so it's not about her nurturing the younger players. She will ultimately use players whose style and technique she's already familiar with.

• The translation is confusing. Why are they so unsure about participating in VNL? What's Athletes Track?

• The translation is confusing. Why are they so unsure about participating in VNL? What's Athletes Track?

Olympic and Paralympic Preparation Track for Athletes (Athlete Track)

At the second meeting, we discussed immigration issues for athletes and during the fourth meeting, we covered immigration issues for Games staff. As a result of these discussions, we established an “Athlete Track” system. This system will allow athletes, coaches and Games staff participating in competitions and preparations for the Games (including essential test events, qualifying competitions, warm-up games, and pre-camp events) and entry into Japan under the condition of implementation of all necessary preventive measures against infectious disease. The system will allow them to participate in these competitions or their work without a 14-day waiting period after their entry.

Building on these measures, we will make adjustments based on discussions with the IOC and the international federations and formulate steps that will be taken during the actual Games.

https://tokyo2020.org/en/news/…termeasures-at-tokyo-2020

• The article translates it as "...it is unclear whether they will be able to hold the Nations League qualifying round" but I thought JVA already made it clear that they don't want to host VNL. It sounds like they want to withdraw from participating regardless of where it's going to be held

• My guess is that it will be Araki, Koga, Kurogo and Mayu as the main PR stars for the Olympics.

They all have stories: Araki tenure/mom; Koga kid star/Olympic snub; Kurogo double HS champ; Mayu brother. Ishii doesn't have a story.

If Nagaoka plays, Ishii won't start. It'll be Koga and Kurogo. That's what Nakada has wanted all cycle but it happened only for a few sets in the WCh I believe. One or the other of Nagaoka or Kurogo was injured most of the time

• They all have stories: Araki tenure/mom; Koga kid star/Olympic snub; Kurogo double HS champ; Mayu brother. Ishii doesn't have a story.

If Nagaoka plays, Ishii won't start. It'll be Koga and Kurogo. That's what Nakada has wanted all cycle but it happened only for a few sets in the WCh I believe. One or the other of Nagaoka or Kurogo was injured most of the time

Ishii's story is basically, I've been here on this team since 2011. Anyone with that length? Araki, took time off to become a mom (personally love Erika, but this is an Ishii story). Koga joined in 2015. Haruka on and off with the team. Nagaoka injury. Iwasaka gone. Nabeya joined later as well.

Who's the only one left.......Ishii. It is about perseverance for her. She is not the most talented player (good but not great), however she gets out there every time and gives her all. Damn it we all cannot be stars. I am not saying this as a fan of hers, this is a team sport, and the people may complain about her. However, it is the coaches decision, not ours.

Yoshie Takeshita was reamed in the press after failure in 2000 for not getting Japan to the Olympics. She quit the sport. Her national team coach believed in her skill. At the time she was not successful. Her national team coach was fired. It took another coach who was willing to use her talents and her drive to take Japan to levels in had not seen in 30 years. Takeshita is still jaded about that time, but she did what was asked of her. It did not work at the time. Sometimes you have to live with that as a player and as a coach.

Ishii will be on that roster for Tokyo because she fills a role that Nakada feels is necessary.

• I was thinking of you when I wrote that :) "Could brahmin do an Ishii story"?

Ishii will be there. She should be. I think the only one who could knock her off the OG team would be Hayashi. That's a heavy lift, ain't gonna happen.

For the Yuki haters, last International match we saw Yuki play was against NED WC 2019. Watch that match. Tell me she's past her prime and I'll post pics of her toenails

• Fire up your favorite vpn and you can watch the girls reminisce about Rio oops, London. You can listen to them too if you understand Japanese:

https://tver.jp/feature/f0068238

Saori K is almost unrecognizable to me. I don't understand Japan fashion choices at all.

• After 2000 also it was created many ways to make japan assist to olynpics

Like an extra spot to the best asian not qualified in pre olympic tournament

And what happened in 2012 and 2016

• Fun Facts about the 2021 NT:

3 came from Higashi
    3 came from Shimokitazawa
    2 came from Kinrankai
    2 came from Hachiojijissen
    2 came from Furukawa Gakuen

5 played in College

SettersHigh School
    University
    Haruka MiyashitaOsaka International
    Kanami TashiroFurukawa Gakuen
    Miya SatoSeireiKaetsu
    Nanami SekiKashiwai
    Aki MomiiHachiojijissen

LiberosHigh SchoolUniversity
    Mako KobataKyushu Bunka GakuenNSSU
    Kotoe InoueKyoto Tachibana
    Rena MizusugiKinrankai

Middle BlockersHigh SchoolUniversity
    Haruyo Shimamura
    Kawasaki Tachibana
    Erika ArakiShimokitazawa Seitoku
    Aika AkutagawaHigashi Kyushu Ryukoku
    Mai OkumuraSEIEIKaetsu
    Aya WatanabeFurukawa Gakuen
    Nichika YamadaToyohashi Central

WingsHigh SchoolUniversity
    Ai KurogoShimokitazawa Seitoku
    Sarina KogaKumamoto Shin-ai
    Miyu NagaokaHigashi Kyushu Ryukoku
    Yuki IshiiShujitsu
    Mayu IshikawaShimokitazawa Seitoku
    Yurie NabeyaHigashi Kyushu Ryukoku
    Arisa InoueNishimaizuruTsukuba
    Reina TokokuHachiojijissen
    Kotona HayashiKinrankai
    Mami UchisetoNobeoka GakuenNiFS

You can see how that sweeps against podium finishers for the previous 25 years of High School and the previous 10 years of University over at volleybox

• Are we just gonna ignore that statement that JVA released.

I honestly don't want them to skip VNL at all. I don't care about their men's team but the women's team surely needs to get in on it. Are there any more update on it?

• Are we just gonna ignore that statement that JVA released.

I honestly don't want them to skip VNL at all. I don't care about their men's team but the women's team surely needs to get in on it. Are there any more update on it?

JVA is actually prioritising the men's team because of Ishikawa and Nishida.

From my understanding, JVA is demanding that the Athlete Track system be implemented before they go any further. I'm not completely sure about the VNL bit.

• The Japan Volleyball Association approved a deficit of 470 million yen in its budget for fiscal year 2021 at a meeting of its board of directors held on March 11. The reason for this is the decrease in sponsorship due to the spread of the new Corona virus infection and the fact that the number of spectators at tournaments will be limited. About 600 million yen will be allocated for strengthening expenses, including indoor and beach volleyball, and Yoshinori Kaji, secretary general, said, "We are considering financial expenditures that will allow us to devote all our efforts to strengthening."

-Sanspo

Most sports publications have been focused on Seiko Hashimoto and Yuzuru Hanyu's scandal. If we're talking volleyball here, the headlines are mostly about Yuki Ishikawa.

• care to expand on the "decrease in sponsorship"?

• care to expand on the "decrease in sponsorship"?

It's a complicated issue that falls mainly on Hinotori. Shiseido stopped supporting them and SK-II stepped in but the problem is that some nationalists wanted people to boycott SK-II due to their ties with Korea.

Anyway, ANA scrapped their original Olympic campaign for Hinotori with Saori Kimura, Nagaoka, Koga and I think Miyashita... According to Yanagida ANA will only be continuing the campaign for the men's team, Ryujin.

Minor sponsors such as Descente does not support any female players participating in the NT and SEV only supports Nagaoka and the Ishikawa siblings