Japan Women's NT 2021

• Mayu is first in the Receivers ranking, Koga is 3rd

https://en.volleyballworld.com…ics/women/best-receivers/

Koga was #1 and Mayu #2 yesterday. I checked after I made the comment there was nothing wrong with Japan's reception and you posted that stat sheet. But those FIVB stats are weird. They are based on how many "excellents" a player has. Not on any 'positive' or '%' basis. Right?

So, in one sense those two are doing even better than those stats suggest because they are getting that many 'excellents' without having the highest amount of actual touches.

If you do the "Japan" style reception, Mayu is @ 80% and Sarina is @ 72% 8)

That's assuming "FIVB Attempts" are Japanese positives. And 1 point for a 'successful' and .5 for a positive, divided by attempts.

I'm surprised Mayu has only 4 errors. I don't think that's correct but maybe they were such whoppers I counted each of them as 3 or 4 :/

Sarina is the new "ace", but ...

Koga's Kill% is 43% with 31% efficiency

Mayu is 49% kill% with 39% efficiency

Please remember when I say this that I love Yuki Ishii. I love her twice as much as any of you do. I call. Period.

Yuki can't put up those numbers :rose:

But then again, this is VNL. We will see a dip when the OGs roll around. Serves and Blocking will be a lot more trouble then.

I have no idea why FIVB does their stats the way they do. It's like they are promoting some kind of elementary school "everyone gets a trophy" egalitarianism. They aren't helpful at all

• then its official mayu is the new shinnabe :white: but i think nakada should give more chances to hayashi by next week

Ishinnabe :!:

• Koga is currently 4th in the Attackers Ranking with 202 points so far, followed by Mayu with 175

https://en.volleyballworld.com…ics/women/best-attackers/

Don't even get me going on FIVB's Scorer "Attacker" stats :wall:

• Sarina Koga from one of those "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" that's going on

• What happened to Airi Miyabe?

• yeah why are they not ranked by spike efficiency?? thanks fivb.

Thank you for confirming it's not my browser failing to render some calculation column :) Someone around here said they were having browser issues with the site.

btw - I did some math with a few at the top of the list, and I think Mayu would top the list if it was ranked by scoring efficiency. Surprising to me. She's being very quiet about it.

• What happened to Airi Miyabe?

She's in USA College somewhere.

Airi, her little sister is in University here.

• Thank you for confirming it's not my browser failing to render some calculation column :) Someone around here said they were having browser issues with the site.

btw - I did some math with a few at the top of the list, and I think Mayu would top the list if it was ranked by scoring efficiency. Surprising to me. She's being very quiet about it.

to be fair, fivb hasn't calculated efficiency in a while. But now they don't even calculate attack success rate, which is completely ridiculous.

• Thank you for confirming it's not my browser failing to render some calculation column :) Someone around here said they were having browser issues with the site.

Herbots is pretty crazy though. She's been :box::box::box:in every match

I'm seeing Momii ranking 4th in the best setter category

• Herbots is pretty crazy though. She's been :box::box::box:in every match

Herbots is 27% efficiency, but with about twice as many swings as

Mayu at 39% efficiency

I actually don't believe any of these stats

• Herbots is 27% efficiency, but with about twice as many swings as

Mayu at 39% efficiency

I actually don't believe any of these stats

Oh I believe their accuracy, but I don't think it's meaningful. You should rank the players who took >= 15% of the teams total swings by efficiency rate. Simple as that.

• Herbots is pretty crazy though. She's been :box::box::box:in every match

Herbots hard carries Belgium so her total isn't surprising. She's doing the most in every match.

• At one point in the RUS match today Coach Lovebunny is captured doing a little dance, which looked to me like he's warming up the engines for an airplane impersonation

• Babyface Nichika scored 6 points with 1 block in her feature film debut. Against Russia. That must have felt pretty good. I thought we'd see her against the high ball team