China NT 2021

• :wavy:..... not having heard from you for a few days, I was worried you might’ve suffered a nervous breakdown watching the China B team play.....:D

samsara

It's so exhausted to watch the team, so just be quiet :-)

but today they play better, Zhang is happy to learn the backup is coming to support her, the baby :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It's so exhausted to watch the team, so just be quiet :-)

but today they play better, Zhang is happy to learn the backup is coming to support her, the baby :-)

yes the whole team is playing better today...ZCN is leading by example.....but how I wish there was a better ‘quality’ player to replace Liu XT. It’s not that she’s not trying, she’s just not the player she used to be two, three years ago...

• fire_cai_bin this one is a "keeper" :)

• Who would of thought this team defeated Brazil. At least they redeemed themselves after lackluster performances. Hopefully they carry this mental booster into Tokyo. This was the graduation ceremony for Zhang Changning into the main lead.

• yes the whole team is playing better today...ZCN is leading by example.....but how I wish there was a better ‘quality’ player to replace Liu XT. It’s not that she’s not trying, she’s just not the player she used to be two, three years ago...

I know LXT tried very hard but she's just not the same Liu as in the Rio, she's getting older and be less competitive against those top teams. But playing with the main line-up serving only as a brief sub her drawback in attacking may not be so obvious. But I wish some better sub for the Olympics.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The only downside for me was I missed the last part of the fifth set because there was a programme overrun on the satellite TV...not sure if this the right term, anyway the match was longer than the allocated time.....

if someone can share a link on the match, that’ll be great...thanks :)

• The only downside for me was I missed the last part of the fifth set because there was a programme overrun on the satellite TV...not sure if this the right term, anyway the match was longer than the allocated time.....

if someone can share a link on the match, that’ll be great...thanks :)

Will be up on bilibili very soon

• I really don't believe Lang has intention to play in the final round (and I wish them leave early). Today the team played extraordinary good against BRA, perhaps the team wanna see BRA team in stretch mode. Or perhaps the BRA team is a very good rival, a very classical one, that the team induced extra drive to the CHN team after its lackluster performance in successive matches.

Well, after working so hard now Zhang can have more rest, she won't need to stretch herself that hard in the remaining matches. Few her last plays were just her 2019 World Cup performance redux.

Btw I never doubt Zhang's spot in the OG team, but someone had to bear the task to lead the team in the absence of Zhu.

Still wondering the other three more players to make up the 12-roster for OG... not clear for me.

• I wonder when is the deadline for submission of 12 roster...I heard USA have already announced their team .

• https://en.volleyballworld.com…s-36-as-china-stun-brazil

Hopefully, nobody else would ever have to hit 30+ since the A team is here

I wish that. It is not really healthy for the team to constantly rely on some particular player to score that many, better have more balanced distribution of scores... not only about the load factor but also to make it harder for opponent to anticipate the offense... opponent may try to guard Zhu closely but then it will create holes for other players :P that's the beauty of not over relying on any particular player!

• It may be an unpopular opinion, but I believe Liu XY has secured her position to Tokyo after today’s match. Not that she was excellent in this match, but she showed she still could contribute when it mattered most. She was (finally) not rolling the ball all the time and just throwing the ball to the other side of the net back from the service line, she did hit it hard today and still could score from time to time. I believe Jenny would still take her over Liu YH or Duan.

• I guess the three players will be selected among LXT / LYH / LY and WYY / YHY (in arbitrary order)

And from the VNL so far, I am not able to tell that LYH is anything better than LXT in overall, or LY is a sure choice as OP sub... I am also confused between WYY or YHY, which one suits the team better... also my guess that Lang won't bring 4 MB; just guessing, will wait the announcement, or whom being pulled out earlier (leaving the bubble after the arrival of the Six). Pretty soon we all may know.