China NT 2021

• Quarantined and continue the training in the nice facility, Ningbo Beilun Training Base, until team departure for VNL on or around 5/21, joined by Wang Yizhu and Mei Xiaohan plus trio from the National Games Liu XT, Zheng YX and Lin Li.

You mean these are the players training, not the final list right? Because that adds up to 20

• Serbia’s list of players for the VNL.....one player is conspicuous by her absence :|

https://www.volleyball.world/e…-youth-in-serbia?id=92792

At least three main players are absent: Tijana Bošković + Brankica Mihajlović and Maja Ognjenović

Also Italy will rest their main players. I guess the frequent champs of WGP/VNL, BRA and USA, will be on full power as usual.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• At least three main players are absent: Tijana Bošković + Brankica Mihajlović and Maja Ognjenović

Also Italy will rest their main players. I guess the frequent champs of WGP/VNL, BRA and USA, will be on full power as usual.

I guess we need to send the main squad too. the results of the test match do not inspire confidence.

• At least three main players are absent: Tijana Bošković + Brankica Mihajlović and Maja Ognjenović

A few years ago (2018 ?) Ognjenovic hinted that she is retiring from international volleyball soon (again how soon is soon?)....but then she added “Never say never !”

I sometimes wonder if China should rest their core 6, 7 players like ZT, YXY etc, as well.

Or, if not, then shorten their stay in Italy (for these core members) ?

• I sometimes wonder if China should rest their core 6, 7 players like ZT, YXY etc, as well.

Or, if not, then shorten their stay in Italy (for these core members) ?

I think you can exchange 6 players after week 3. But that's not helpful since the start has easier teams and the end has more difficult teams, and the core 6 need to play against more difficult teams

So I think the core 6 will have to play the entire tournament!

• I think you can exchange 6 players after week 3. But that's not helpful since the start has easier teams and the end has more difficult teams, and the core 6 need to play against more difficult teams

So I think the core 6 will have to play the entire tournament!

The option for changing the players, one time only and applies up to six players altogether (they must leave bubble camp as soon as the replacement six are arriving there), and can only be done on 09 JUNE (iirc about the date). I am not sure that faraway team will take all the hassle to send just 6 players for the replacement during this int'l flight scarce pandemic moment; but nearby teams may take such advantage. Right now there is no info what kind of team CHN will dispatch, different blogger has different speculation from the full house to the radical suggestion that a random squad involving those not selected for OG be dispatched :lol::P:D next few weeks to be sure, dunno when is the FIVB's deadline for the team's roster submission.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Chinese team picture at the Tokyo Challenge match on 20210501

Just stumbled across the better quality team picture, note the typo on Gong Xiang-yu's name

And the host team, Japan

Edited once, last by samsara: Addition ().

• On May 1st, Turkey’s VakifBank team missed the Champions League championship and practically lost to Egonu. In an interview with reporters, the head coach Giovanni Guidetti said:

"We also have a superstar. We are not afraid of our opponents. After Zhu Ting returns next year, we will make a comeback."

Today (04 May) the Turkish newspaper gave a quote:

The VakifBank team prepares to contract Zhu Ting with an annual salary of two million euros.

Zhu Ting and the national team, the head coach Lang Ping is estimated to have a difficult choice:

Staying in Tianjin Women's Volleyball Team and playing for the Club World Cup, or returning to Turkey's VakifBank team to compete for the Champions League?

Chinese volleyball fans have given suggestions:

Zhu Ting must not stay in the Tianjin team to play, she must compete on higher ground.

Zhu Ting is originally not a member of the Tianjin Women's Volleyball Team, but a member of Henan Women's Volleyball Team. Lang Ping has the highest decision-making and advisory power. And Zhu Ting should grab the opportunity while time is on her. National volleyball should support Zhu Ting to shine at best and reap the benefits.

(…)

20210504: https://www.sohu.com/a/464571738_120002381

• Vakifbank protected ZT and took care of her really well. The salary rumored to be offered to her is really very good and enticing. If she reaps more money in endorsements than her professional salary, I guess she has to consider her endorsements which will be mostly in China and perhaps some East Asian countries. With regards to endorsements, her presence in China would be more beneficial rather in Europe where I don’t think there is / will be any advertisement of her in it.

• Playing for Tianjin is to build chemistry with Yao and Li Yingying. Since Zhang Changning is inconsistent, China hopes Li Yingying will be the second scorer after Zhu. I suggest Li Yingying to play in Europe if she gets the chance but I doubt Tianjin would allow that.

• Playing for Tianjin is to build chemistry with Yao and Li Yingying. Since Zhang Changning is inconsistent, China hopes Li Yingying will be the second scorer after Zhu. I suggest Li Yingying to play in Europe if she gets the chance but I doubt Tianjin would allow that.

better chance for Yuan Xinyue to play in Europe

• better chance for Yuan Xinyue to play in Europe

Now that Yuan is at Tianjin does she need the clubs approval first to go abroad or is she considered like a free agent like Zhu since Tianjin is not her home club and can decide for herself?

• Now that Yuan is at Tianjin does she need the clubs approval first to go abroad or is she considered like a free agent like Zhu since Tianjin is not her home club and can decide for herself?

It depends on the specific details in the contract, but in principle, Tianjin spent nothing developing her as a player, so it's easier for her to negotiate to leave. But formally, it's necessary to get club approval, just much easier compared to LYY.

In any case, if she wins any more medals with the national team, it all counts towards Tianjin sports bureau (not to mention she will represent Tianjin for the national games), so fans can hope that they they are satisfied with that.

• Zhu Ting won 12 championships and 9 MVPs playing with the Vakifbank team within three years. She is the most successful foreign talent hired by Vakifbank Club. Joining Vakifbank again after Tokyo OG cycle is just a logical thing. Zhu Ting will also be getting older soon, it is better to make more money while still be young, two million euros has already been the highest annual salary. That's the generally voiced opinions among the Chinese volleyball fans in mainland China. So my very guess, Zhu will again be in Istanbul after Tokyo OG.