China NT 2021

• I am not sure if the commentator of the following match is Clayton Lucas

That's not Clayton, but I believe it is one of the other commentators at this VNL. It's kind of hard to hear him in that video.

• That's not Clayton, but I believe it is one of the other commentators at this VNL. It's kind of hard to hear him in that video.

One can check the Clayton Lucas' voice in CHN v CAN match... he's quite Anglo-bias, I don't enjoy his bias commentary.

I wish that FIVB will make it easy to learn the name of commentator of each FIVB match. Now there is hard to know who does the commentary for which match. Even if you watch the whole game of the FIVB Volleyball World TV like in this VNL, you won't know the commentator's name, and most commentator doesn't introduce himself / herself. I detest a duo commentators male & female whereas the two just talk something irrelevant to the match... shit to hear their chit chat paid by our subscription. Of course worse thing is to hear the heavily biased commentary from the FIVB-hired commentator. I can understand their bias if they are commentators for some TV stations, but not if they are FIVB commentators! I expect them to be professional and unbiased or less biased at least and focus solely to their job, which is the match they are commenting. The commentator of the match of CHN v BRA is a good example of a FIVB commentator with the right attitude whereas the commentator of the match of CHN v CAN is a bad example! But the CHN v BRA is a match not involving any Anglo team as the English commentators mostly come from Anglo countries! Just pay attention into the details!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• One can check the Clayton Lucas' voice in CHN v CAN match... he's quite Anglo-bias, I don't enjoy his bias commentary.

I wish that FIVB will make it easy to learn the name of commentator of each FIVB match. Now there is hard to know who does the commentary for which match. Even if you watch the whole game of the FIVB Volleyball World TV like in this VNL, you won't know the commentator's name, and most commentator doesn't introduce himself / herself. I detest a duo commentators male & female whereas the two just talk something irrelevant to the match... shit to hear their chit chat paid by our subscription. Of course worse thing is to hear the heavily biased commentary from the FIVB-hired commentator. I can understand their bias if they are commentators for some TV stations, but not if they are FIVB commentators! I expect them to be professional and unbiased or less biased at least and focus solely to their job, which is the match they are commenting. The commentator of the match of CHN v BRA is a good example of a FIVB commentator with the right attitude whereas the commentator of the match of CHN v CAN is a bad example! But the CHN v BRA is a match not involving any Anglo team as the English commentators mostly come from Anglo countries! Just pay attention into the details!

To each his own. Clayton always signs off the match "Clayton Lucas on behalf blah blah ..."

• I think that in this particular tournament it is fairly easy to find out who the commentators are each time (I'm talking about those in the FIVB TV streams). Clayton has a kinda distinctive voice (and laugh), plus he's the one who usually talks more in depth about each point/game. Mark Lebedew is also kinda impossible to miss, thanks to his accent (he's Australian). Salima and Ci usually introduce themselves, and even if they don't, Salima's voice is kinda deeper than Ci's. The fifth commentator did say what his name was during a match, I think it was TUR-RUS, towards the end of the stream, but I didn't quite catch it. I don't think there are others.

• A cool analysis about the team, the acting captain, and closing match of the current squad in facing the strong opponent of Brazilian team. Sorry please read at web, too lazy to translate.

中国女排,又一个世界级巨星的诞生!

Chinese Women's volleyball team, the rise of Zhang Changning!

2021-06-11

https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1702241241171039030

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Sounds about right, but I think Yan Ni will start instead of Wang YY. Like the others that just arrived she needs time to catch up to game speed.

looking at last year's (2019) VNL though it's mostly a couple or newbies mixed in with the A-team.

• Start with a mixed lineup perhaps, then along the way, bit of fine tuning, some tinkering here and there, maybe, like getting Yao Di to set some nice, high balls to ZT.....

I also read that the Chinese team ain't so worry about the 4rd positioned Dutch team with Sloetjes is no longer around, so the team may most likely have a mixed line-up in today's match... and the hardworking Zhang Bao may now take some good rest :D while her transitory captain status is removed... now fans are expecting a winning streak.

• What ! No translation ? We want our money back......:mad:

:lol: jk

• What ! No translation ? We want our money back......:mad:

:lol: jk

hahaha show us the bucks first ☕ :whistle:

can't wait Zhu et al on court, need some matches to shake the rust off... and the tough Dutch team is of great help for that! ^^

• I really hope Ding Xia sticks around for WCH 2022. The reality of Yao Di and Diao leading the team in the future is something I don't want to see. :wacko:

Other than Mei Xiaohan who else might be good to add for training in the next cycle?

Sun Yan is tall, but still weak setting and physically. Sun Haiping hasn't had much court time being backup to Ding in Liaoning. Yu Jiarui would be a liability in the front row.

• stats from NED match:

Yuan XY 11/19, 1 error

(2 sets) Zhu 10/18, 1 error

Gong 15/37, 6 errors

(1 set) Zhang 7/13, 1 error

Li 17/37, 5 errors

the numbers are obviously good, but I think they will get better especially with the hitting errors.

14 in 3 sets is quite a lot for China.

• how popular is the women's volleyball team in China? most viewed sport at cctv5+ (note: 5+ is the secondary sports channel, cctv5 is broadcasting Euro 2020 or some random stuff)

in the livestreams there can be upwards of 200k+ viewers.