2021/2022 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• sorry typo. I was meant to ask is Wallace still very good?

I don't know. I haven't followed Turkish league but two years ago Alan was playing better than him.

• I don't know. I haven't followed Turkish league but two years ago Alan was playing better than him.

it is hard to judge him based on his Turkish League performance. He wasn’t bad or anything, it is just his team was bad. Nico Bruno and Leozinho did not perform as expected, especially Leozinho and after covid, he has just disappeared. Their main setter injured and they had to play with Gelinski which forced them to choose one of Bruno and Leozinho because of foreigner limit. Team was all about Wallace and as good as he is, it was not enough most of the time because his teammates were bad. He got angry for their basic mistakes in a lot of matches. He argued with Gelinski during some matches because his poor setting. They still won Turkish Cup though. With decent support to Wallace, They could have even won the league but they are playing for 5th place right now.

• Ulaş? He is like 40:down:

Seems like Turkish setters don't want to retire before reaching 40s. Look at Hüseyin Koç and Selçuk Keskin

• Marko Sedlacek probably in Suwałki(PlusLiga) in the next season.

He's a good role player. He did well in Monza this season, but he left early.

Czech's OH played bad in semi final.

• For setter age is not that important like for OH or Spiker. Kiyak IMO is the best turkish setter.

Kiyak might be the best Turkish setter but that doesn’t mean he is good. He was inconsistent this season, maybe due to Covid. Huseyin was retired and came back this season but he is bad. Performance wise, he is in decline last 5 years. His sets are too shaky and cannot even deliver a proper set to his hitters. Selcuk was horrible this season, not that he was good last seasons. Fans treat him as if he is Grbic but truth is he was never a winner. If you have Selcuk in your team, it means you might win important matches during season but when it matters the most, Selcuk will be the worst and he will cost you the championship.

The fact that those names are considered the best Turkish setters shows how bad local players are. There is Ogulcan who was promising and got to play regularly this season, he wasn’t anything special and got injured mid season. I hope he will make it but I believe it is a bit too late. I hope Arda will make better decisions, I really do like Arda.

• Yes. He received a lifetime offer from Shanghai. The club agreed he had to go for that money.

Do you know how much the offer was?

• Nope. They didn't share that info. The news just said the club was aware it was an offer you can't say "no" and they chosed not to be selfish and let him go.

Shanghai could afford to sign Anderson this season, he eventually didn’t join the team as the league was delayed and no one know when or whether the league would restart, but still you can imagine how rich this club is.

• I think he asked Monza to break the contract to be able to sign with the Chinese team

yes, this part I know. I’m surprised that Monza agreed to let him go as if they didn’t need rotation; it implies that with Lanza and Donovan, Monza thinks that the marginal benefit brought by Sedlacek is not much.