Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2021/2022)

• let's not exaggarate. The fact that they made a few foreign transfers don't mean they are one of the best leagues in Europe. For example Da-Yeong Lee won't be able to play any of the top leagues in europe

There aren't that many good leagues though. I don't mean Italy, Turkey, Russia (not that good either) level but the tier after that yes kinda similar now imo.

Lee Da Yeong is a good player, minus her dramas I disagree

• There aren't that many good leagues though. I don't mean Italy, Turkey, Russia (not that good either) level but the tier after that yes kinda similar now imo.

Lee Da Yeong is a good player, minus her dramas I disagree

What's her status? If she plays in Greece will she be playing there permanently? since from what I understood she's banned from playing in Korea

• Wow what channels broadcast Greek league. Might have to tune in next season :D suddenly looks like one of the best leagues in Europe:what:

Most of the matches are available on youtube..last years noone channel broadcasted

• let's not exaggarate. The fact that they made a few foreign transfers don't mean they are one of the best leagues in Europe. For example Da-Yeong Lee won't be able to play any of the top leagues in europe

The teams that are in the bottom of german, french, polish league many times have worst foreigners.

• The teams that are in the bottom of german, french, polish league many times have worst foreigners.

True but those are not top European leagues right? Turkish, Italian and Russian leagues are the top ones

• The teams that are in the bottom of german, french, polish league many times have worst foreigners.

The teams at the bottom of polish league in most cases don't have any foreigners.

Last season, among the bottom 4 teams, only Pałac Bydgoszcz had foreginers. (Regiane Bidias and Alex Dascalu)

• Is Da-Yeoung Lee's transfer official by club? Did they announce her? charalampos

PAOK24 is their news/press website, and her transfer to the club has 2 articles on that site already

https://www.paok24.com/volei/2…-chtypima-paok-apo-korea/

There's also an official announcement by the Turkish agency I believe helping with the transfer

http://www.caanathletics.com/i…ring-from-korea-to-greece

I believe its pretty much official at this point.
    Only thing is that her Korean club appears unwilling to transfer her (she's still under contract with them for 2 more years)

But she can simply voluntary withdraw from the league like Kim Yeonkyeong did when she signed with Shanghai in May.

(meaning if she ever returns to play in Korea, she will have to fulfil the remaining 2 years of her contract with them)

• What's her status? If she plays in Greece will she be playing there permanently? since from what I understood she's banned from playing in Korea

Not sure if it makes a difference to you, but she was only indefinitely suspended, not banned from playing altogether.

There were also talks about the likelihood of her & her twin sister being unsuspended and returning to play for their club next season actually.

(tl:dr due to a new club formation in the korean league being allowed to pick 1 player from each existing club, with the exception of a list of 9 protected players, the twins were suspected to have been included in their club's list of protected players - because the club had to send away one of their best reserves instead)

edit: And no, it's just a 1 year contract with PAOK for now

• PAOK24 is not very reliable...i think they just write what they read on other greek sites

According to fosonline.gr she refused offers from teams that play in championsleague (80000 euros) and she will play in PAOK for half money.

https://www.fosonline.gr/volle…poktisi-tis-li-nta-giangk

https://www.sdna.gr/bolei/8482…-koreatissa-li-nta-geongk

• oh? I assumed PAOK24 is the press site for PAOK organization that the women's volleyball club PAOK is under so it would be pretty official (am i mistaken?)

but omg, wonder why she rejected clubs that played in champions league if true (perhaps they only wanted her as a back-up setter)

Is fosonline.gr reliable?

• oh? I assumed PAOK24 is the press site for PAOK organization that the women's volleyball club PAOK is under so it would be pretty official (am i mistaken?)

but omg, wonder why she rejected clubs that played in champions league if true (perhaps they only wanted her as a back-up setter)

Is fosonline.gr reliable?

No..its not official...there are sites and newspapers in greece who write news about the greek clubs but the are not official.

Thats another site about PAOK

https://inpaok.com/689524/fernei-koreatissa-o-paok/

Yes..i think fosonline is one of the most reliable

Almost all the sites write that is almost done deal..so we are waiting the announcement of Paok

• Thanks for this info!

I'm quite confused about the fosonline article though, because they wrote that she got 140,000 - euros i presume - in Korea.

140,000Euros = 1.89억 in KRW (억 = 100,000,000)

But her actual Korean salary is 4억 (3억 + 1억 option) which should be 296,000 euros instead

• I think Caan athletics is her representative in Europe. It must be official bcz the news is still on their website. They probably deleted it from Instagram to avoid getting too much attention. I don't what is going on with her and her club tho

• I think Caan athletics is her representative in Europe. It must be official bcz the news is still on their website. They probably deleted it from Instagram to avoid getting too much attention. I don't what is going on with her and her club tho

http://www.caanathletics.com/i…ring-from-korea-to-greece

• Is anyone familiar with the issuance of ITC (international transfer agreement) by the local volleyball association for player transfers abroad?

Does this apply to all players from each country? Or only players who represent the country in their national team?

I read that its a requirement on FIVB

https://www.fivb.com/en/media/…-transfer-system?id=91762

It seems that the Korean Volleyball Association is refusing to issue an ITC for Dayeong as her & her twin sister, as they are both still indefinitely suspended by them (as well as by their club) for their past mistakes in school >10years ago.

Are they actually allowed to lock their player in Korea and prevent them from playing overseas entirely by not issuing ITC?

Or perhaps, players can still choose to play abroad without the issuance of ITC, but they will have to 'quit' their National Team (since they need approval from their volleyball association to go abroad)

• I'm not an expert, but it's for all players (USAV processed like 300 in 2020-21)

I think they can appeal to FIVB to get an override. Melissa Vargas did this when Cuba wouldn't allow her to play overseas.