Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2021/2022)

• Are you comparing Novara's investment on 2017 Egonu with the 2021 Karakurt? :aww:

Egonu is and will be for a long time the most powerful player in the world (IMO also Bosko can't be compared with her, Egonu is a kilometer ahead). But 4 years ago no one could be abslolutely sure for that ... she could also did well for a year and begin a discending parable, for example.

It's impossible to compare Egonu with Karakurt, I'm only trying to understand Novara's market logics..

• Egonu is and will be for a long time the most powerful player in the world (IMO also Bosko can't be compared with her, Egonu is a kilometer ahead). But 4 years ago no one could be abslolutely sure for that ... she could also did well for a year and begin a discending parable, for example.

It's impossible to compare Egonu with Karakurt, I'm only trying to understand Novara's market logics..

Sorry, but Egonu always was a treat at Opp position.

• I dont like Rahimova very much and i Know that Goncharova isnt playing a good season overall but please. They are a lot better than Smarzek right now.

Ebrar can turning in a great surprise next season as Sarah WP did this season or can flop because she had little experience, but so far, as someone told about its a bet by Novara.

So far, she can not do worse that Smarzek and i think that she can do great.

• Are you comparing Novara's investment on 2017 Egonu with the 2021 Karakurt? :aww:

Guys, I am sorry I made you angry by talking about the Turkish crystal, best player in history, but from now on I will be unable to keep up with this discussion because I have to work unfortunately. All the best!

I dont think you made someone angry. this is one of the basic rule of discussion.You share your opinion,and then others indicate whether or not they agree with you.If they don't agree with you, they explain why they don't. that's all.

• Guys but everything we talk here is POTENTIALLY and not in reality. In fact Novara made SF of CHL and probably will make it to the final of Serie A. So please don’t expect any better as they won’t beat Imoco or Vakif or even maybe Fener/ECZ and other Italian team next year depending on rosters.
    But what I can read here is that you expect them to do really well because they sign Karakurt. In fact she is not even OPP no 1 in Turkish NT and has many ups and downs in Turkish league. She has similar percentage of attach to Smarzek in Italy so only there is potential for her to do better. Smarzek also did great in NT and it didn’t translate much to her play in Italy.

• Sorry, but Egonu always was a treat at Opp position.

I have to disagree. I remember very well that period. Egonu came from a good season with Club Italia but the team was last in the standings. She has no previous club experience or habits with Playing in international club tournaments...

• Guys but everything we talk here is POTENTIALLY and not in reality. In fact Novara made SF of CHL and probably will make it to the final of Serie A. So please don’t expect any better as they won’t beat Imoco or Vakif or even maybe Fener/ECZ and other Italian team next year depending on rosters.
    But what I can read here is that you expect them to do really well because they sign Karakurt. In fact she is not even OPP no 1 in Turkish NT and has many ups and downs in Turkish league. She has similar percentage of attach to Smarzek in Italy so only there is potential for her to do better. Smarzek also did great in NT and it didn’t translate much to her play in Italy.

Mmh what we expect is that Igor could do not well but better because they sign karakurt

• But what I can read here is that you expect them to do really well because they sign Karakurt. In fact she is not even OPP no 1 in Turkish NT and has many ups and downs in Turkish league. She has similar percentage of attach to Smarzek in Italy so only there is potential for her to do better. Smarzek also did great in NT and it didn’t translate much to her play in Italy.

If you argue that Karakurt isn't a safe bet or she may flop, then yeah, this is an eventuality.

FYI, it isn't true that Karakurt has ''similar percentage of attack'' to Smarzek, 43% to 39%, and Karakurt attacks much, much more in a much worse team.

If we have a discussion whether Karakurt is a good move for Novara, we have to take into account other possibilities, financial resources of Novara and a way they build its team.

On a current market there's a lack of top opposites, just look on rumors about Fenerbahce (club with much bigger budget) and potential acquisition on OPP position from few weeks ago. Novara isn't financially a team that can compete with top Turkish teams - and they tend to give chances to younger players to develop them further. So I don't think there were better options for Novara considering all of that.

I don't like this generalization that people expect too much from Ebrar, I think most of us perceive her current status in world of volleyball adequately. If you want to discuss some specific opinion, don't say that ''people needs to chill out'', and so on.

• I don’t say it is bad transfer. It can turn out to be great one. Just her current status in volleyball? she is 2nd opp of Turkish NT to Meryem Boz and opp of decent Turkish team. So we cannot just assume she will do much better in Italy while she has to go abroad, cope with huge pressure and play in CHL as well which is together not easy.
    So when users here say Novara will do great things next season and Ebrar will shine and Ebrar is equal to Boskovic - for me it is too much and based on nothing.

• So when users here say Novara will do great things next season and Ebrar will shine and Ebrar is equal to Boskovic - for me it is too much and based on nothing.

Who have said that Ebrar is equal to Boskovic (Serdar misspelled his post FYI, what's quite obvious from a context of his writing)? Basically, you started a discussion about Ebrar by saying that some people expect from her to shine like Egonu, while in reality I don't think that even Ebrar's family expects that she will play on a level Egonu, like, ever (no disrespect). :lol:

People's claims that Novara can do great things next season are strictly based on a fact that Novara is a top team this season in Europe (CL SF and probable final in Italian league) despite playing without a proper opposite for a full season, because Smarzek (again, no disrespect) is that bad. If Karakurt plays very good, Novara may be much more dangerous team (considering great trio on OH position with valid contracts) than this year. That's it. If she turns out to be a disappointment, Novara next year will look for another opposite and we again will claim that Novara with very good opposite can improve much further.

• Who have said that Ebrar is equal to Boskovic (Serdar misspelled his post FYI, what's quite obvious from a context of his writing)? Basically, you started a discussion about Ebrar by saying that some people expect from her to shine like Egonu, while in reality I don't think that even Ebrar's family expects that she will play on a level Egonu, like, ever (no disrespect). :lol:

People's claims that Novara can do great things next season are strictly based on a fact that Novara is a top team this season in Europe (CL SF and probable final in Italian league) despite playing without a proper opposite for a full season, because Smarzek (again, no disrespect) is that bad. If Karakurt plays very good, Novara may be much more dangerous team (considering great trio on OH position with valid contracts) than this year. That's it. If she turns out to be a disappointment, Novara next year will look for another opposite and we again will claim that Novara with very good opposite can improve much further.

Oh god, thank thank thank you.

• Ebrar can work well in good organisation. She was really good 2019 World Club's Championship with Vakıfbank.

Novara is a good team and just wait what Ebrar will show us.

• Who have said that Ebrar is equal to Boskovic (Serdar misspelled his post FYI, what's quite obvious from a context of his writing)? Basically, you started a discussion about Ebrar by saying that some people expect from her to shine like Egonu, while in reality I don't think that even Ebrar's family expects that she will play on a level Egonu, like, ever (no disrespect). :lol:

But all Novara players except Bosetti are playing much worse than they possibly can so they do not only play without opposite, they have terrible setter, Herbots who has ups and downs but against top teams she is non existent, medicore performing middles... Novara has great names on paper but they are not a great team. So I don’t see how it will change when you switch 1 player.

But if you want to know exactly who stated what start reading the thread from beginning esp user crovolley...

Pls don’t underestimate Novara again. Why they need to prove them self year by year when they are 3rd or second best team in the WORLD in the last past few years, especially this season !?!

• Novara had literaly do that signing Egonu in 2017. History taught they did well.......

Egonu made records in italian league and was best scorer at 17 or 18 yo

Also novara was good but not top team at europ and in world as today

• But all Novara players except Bosetti are playing much worse than they possibly can so they do not only play without opposite, they have terrible setter, Herbots who has ups and downs but against top teams she is non existent, medicore performing middles... Novara has great names on paper but they are not a great team. So I don’t see how it will change when you switch 1 player.

But if you want to know exactly who stated what start reading the thread from beginning esp user crovolley...

Wtf are u talking about ?
    They are GREAT team.

Reaching FINALS (probably) in the strongest league in the World. Reaching semi finals in CL loosing only against Conegliano to reach final and kicking out Fenerbahce easily from CL.

:what::what::what:

Ofc situation can change when you have nice OPP instead terrible one.

How are you gone call Vakifbank if they lose as any other team from Conegliano ? Terrible team ? :hit:

• But all Novara players except Bosetti are playing much worse than they possibly can so they do not only play without opposite, they have terrible setter, Herbots who has ups and downs but against top teams she is non existent, medicore performing middles... Novara has great names on paper but they are not a great team. So I don’t see how it will change when you switch 1 player.

Herbots have a excellent season so she was named mvp in regular season in Italy

She had an injury or something that this last game she wasn't on court but what top teams she underperform? Only against imoco

And herbotts has do.a good season also

Their middles were bad lately but this semi finals they did good

What are you talking about? Novara is only behind imoco and vakifbank

well, that means that they could even play better!

• Btw Ebrar will not be under more pressure or such in Novara, she will actually be in a less stressful environment for two reasons: (1) she can live her sexuality without thinking too much and (2) Turkish fans can be horrible and very critical towards players/teams. Besides these, although they finished 4th place, THY was a mess this year. Only Madison and Ebrar had some good times, even a player like Asli Kalac looked worse than a regular MB in THY. So, in a more open-minded and less stressful environment, working with better coaches and staff with better technical knowledge of volleyball, Ebrar might improve a lot. We will never know, it can go exactly the opposite and she decides to quit volleyball but chances of her getting improved and helping her team is definitely higher.