Korean NT 2021

• the korean team's last match is on 20 june.

anyone knows if they still have to go into quaratine upon arrival in korea? Or they are able to go into the national training center right away?

just taking up too much time if they still have to go into quaratine.

• Every time I watch this Korean lineup play in VNL I feel so bad for Lavarini

Everything he built up in the NT since 2018-2019 all went down the drain right before the Olympics

His frustration is clear to see/hear

His only saving grace is Soyoung improving and performing better than expected on a national stage since taking up the responsibility of being in the main line-up

He was so happy with almost everything she did last match against Italy
    (despite having scolded/nagged at the rest of the team multiple times - not sure if anyone else caught it, but he told the rest to send their receives/digs higher because "she doesn't run"... i believe, directed at Yeom :x)

• Four players that need to go NOW! This is going to be extra harsh but I'm just going to say it.

1. Pyo Seung Joo: Simply put, she's just useless. No contribution to the team whatsoever. Poor receiving. Poor attacking. No height. Just need to fulfill the rest of her career in the low ranks, period.

2. Yeum Hye Seon: Very weak setter. Too slow. Doesn't set high enough for the attackers.

3. Han Song Yi: Too old now. Doesn't seem enthusiastic. She's just there on court. Waste of space.

4. Oh Ji young: Very weak libero. Less digs than friggin KYK!!! What in the world is she doing? She doesn't dive like REAL liberos do. Again, useless.

One player getting on my nerves.

1. Park Jeong Ah: I must admit, she has a strong arm. But she plays with no brain!!!! She doesn't have the height so she needs to play strategically.

• KYK literally is the 'libero' whenever she's at the back row.. Like you said, Yeum is just too slow.

Between Lee dahyeon & Park Eunjin, who do you think is better? I think one of them will go to OG

If Lee Soyoung can improve her game why not Park Jeongah do the same?:wall:She play almost in every games now.. Same goes to Oh Jiyoung

• KYK literally is the 'libero' whenever she's at the back row.. Like you said, Yeum is just too slow.

Between Lee dahyeon & Park Eunjin, who do you think is better? I think one of them will go to OG

If Lee Soyoung can improve her game why not Park Jeongah do the same?:wall:She play almost in every games now.. Same goes to Oh Jiyoung

the 2 OHs just doing too much work. 😳

Is Oh Jiyoung tired from playing in every game? I think the 2 liberos took turns in the game against US.

Likely to be Park Eunjin + Hyojin + Suji - no no to Han Songyi, she can just stay happy in vleague bubble.

Didnt Lavarini bring Park Eunjin out as OP for a moment? He's really trying any and other options available.

No comments about Park Jeongah any more. So done with her.

Either is fine but I'll go with Lee Da Hyeon. Park has more experience in international games but not that much.

• Watching the OP is just frustrating

It's frustrating indeed but once again, can we really blame the players?

It's not that Korean OPs suck, it's just that Korea literally has zero OP at this point.

None of these NT "OPs" plays as OP in their clubs, not even Kim Heejin! This position is taken up by the foreign players.

There can only be one OP on the court, so naturally the local players never had a chance. If the KVA/KOVO remotely cares, they should do something about it. Looking at the next season, it's already gonna be all foreign OPs again.

Four players that need to go NOW! This is going to be extra harsh but I'm just going to say it.

Gotta endure for another two weeks. :drink:

• That's the thing! It all started with their vleague. Kovo doesn't make any effort to change their system. Can't they see how other leagues work? Geezz

• it's really up to the korean club coaches how they wanna position their players.

Apparently IBK's ex-coach Lee put Kim Heejin at OP, and the foreign player as left because Heejin was to be called up for NT, so he wanted her to practice as much.

Heejin did express interest to play OP at club level in the last season, IBK's (darn) coach Kim said no.

Gotta agree, there's no one to play OP if at club level, the players dont do that.

on a side note, has Kim Heejin always been playing OP at NT? then i gotta hand it to her.... cos it seems she's been playing MB at club.

• I saw that USA has their final lineup nfor OG...so I'm genuinely curious, who's your final 12 predictions?

Of course, KYK and Hyojin are pretty much up there in the list.

That leaves us with:

1 Libero

2 Setters

2 OPS

2 OH

3 MBS

For libero, I think OJY pretty much is Lavarini's next choice after Haeran. Would've been Myungok if not injured.

For setters, Dain is for sure. Yeom and Hyejin pretty much play the same for me, so I think Yeom will go because more experience.

For OPs, I'm wishing Heejin could play 'backup' for Jeongah. Since it wouldn't make sense to put Heejin as starter over a healthy Jeongah...i think? But I'm having a strong intuition that Lavarini would take Jihyun. She's too raw tho, doesn't stand a chance to tall players tbh.

For OH, ofc Soyoung is also pretty much solidified her ticket. As for the other OH....tbh I can't pick cus the rest are all too bad (im sorry) lol

For MBs......hmmm....Leaning on Suji a bit but I have a feeling she was pulled out because of her performance, and not injury. In her interview she said it was a "slight irritation" ? so it does not seem serious. Do you guys think she's out for OG? For the other 2 MBs, i think it would be Eunjin and Dahyun....Songyi im sorry but just too slow.

Long post but would like to hear your lineup predictions as well!!

• i think during London Olympics, she was OP, but during her HS days and early rookie days, she was MB because she's tall. Naturally she played MB and OP interchangeably both in NT and IBK.

Heejin is a beast cross court. I just hope her knees remaines healthy because that's the only thing stopping her

• Lavarini has said in an interview that he plans on bringing 2 liberos to the Olympics

(source: https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20210519032200007?input=1195m)

1. Kim YK

2. Yang Hyojin

3. Lee Soyoung

4. Kim Suji

- She was out due to injuring an old abdominal muscle injury. She called it a "scratch" in the IBK video - I suppose a it's a slight tear in her muscles.

I read the articles saying Heejin & Suji are out "due to performance and injury" too, so I get where you're coming from though, think its still injury related ultimately.

5. Park Eunjin

6. Park Jeongah

7. Jung Jiyoon

8. Pyo Seungju or Yuk Seoyoung (or MB Songyi/Dahyun)

- Pyo is inconsistent but still more stable/experienced than Yuk, if any reason he chooses Yuk at all, it'll be for her spike serves - its why he chose her for VNLs. I would also consider Kim Juhyang (Lavarini's original choice over Yuk, but injured), but since she has no NT experience, I doubt so

9. Oh Jiyoung

10. Im Myungok

- If she recovers in time & Lavarini isn't satisfied with Dahye's performance at VNLs

11. Ahn Hyejin

- If her knee injury recovers, also wonder about her mental strength at a stage like Olympics. She was sent back to Korea due to hyperventilation symptoms before their Tokyo Qualification matches in 2019.

12. Yeom/Dain

- I find Dain better, but only to the extent as a backup setter. Yeom has been in a slump since season & VNLs, iinw Lavarini said she doesn't run for balls during timeouts (VNL). He's still playing her a lot though, perhaps hoping she gets back her touch, since she's also much more experienced.

Usually one'd be hard-pressed to decide whom to exclude for 12 limited slots, but I find myself finding it hard-pressed to fill in enough people for this list lol

edit: ruling out Heejin & Sohwi entirely since their rehab period is too long to make it for Olympics.
    Sohwi is completely ruled out, and Heejin is hopeful to join her unnie's for their last Olympics, but it doesn't sound very likely - unless Lavarini thinks subbing her in for a few minutes/points is more worth than having Pyo/Yuk.

Twins are still in the midst of trying to prove that most of the accusations made towards them are false. Even if they succeed before Olympics, I think its still better for them not to participate lest the hate - will be intense, moreso playing on same team as Kim again.
    KVA did however say they may change their decision if accusations are proven false in court (source: https://n.news.naver.com/sport…ll/article/382/0000901672)