Korean NT 2021

• Yooo what a spectacular match.. I got palpitations due to the intensity of the game:obey: who's the top scorer? Haven't see the stats yet

Queen KYK of course! Detailed stats. A summary I found:

🇰🇷 : Kim Yeon Koung 20 (47% + 3 blocks + 1 ace), Kim Heejin 16 (34% + 1 block), Park Jeongah 16 (34,1% + 2 aces), Yang Hyo Jin 6 (50% + 1 block),...

🇩🇴 : Martinez Brayelin Elizabeth 20 (38,7% + 2 blocks), Peña Isabel Yonkaira Paola 16 (38,8% + 2 aces), Martinez Jineiry 13 (47,3% + 3 blocks + 1 ace), Rivera Brens Prisilla 9 (50% + 1 block), Gonzalez Lopez Gaila Ceneida 6,...

• It's not just Korean media. I've seen other non-Korean blogs talk about how weird those calls were. I also know of many instances in the past where Japanese referees in past volleyball tourneys that have made horrible calls. Stop playing the weeb card. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice a recurring trend.

• It's not just Korean media. I've seen other non-Korean blogs talk about how weird those calls were. I also know of many instances in the past where Japanese referees in past volleyball tourneys that have made horrible calls. Stop playing the weeb card. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice a recurring trend.

LOL weeb card, really?

a bad referee is a bad referee, there's no need to bring up their nationality and attack them for it specifically

The Japanese refs aren't the only poor ones

• what does it take for Korea to get into QF? a win against Japan?

Either DOM lose against JPN, or win against Japan ensures QF.

If DOM beats JPN in 4 sets or less and KOR loses 2-3 to JPN, then DOM and KOR advance (I think).

(This is assuming of course that DOM/JPN/KOR all beat Kenya 3-0 or 3-1 and all lose their remaining games 0-3 or 1-3 to Serbia/Brazil ).

• Naver also has the restreams guys: KBS2, MBC, SBS. (VPN to Korea.)

The KBS stream suffers from the same problem econmtl mentioned, and the MBC and SBS ones only start at the start of the second set (after the swimming broadcast.) All of the commentators were super emotional at the end of the match. :olympia:

The full match can be rewatched here (VPN to Japan). They provide options of ambience sound (no commentary), English commentary and even Robocommentary. :lol: You can watch other matches/sports here as well, even the live ones.

• Article from Volleyballworld.

Kim on Paris 2024: I'll think about it

But there is one question from her fans hanging in the air. In three years’ time, will she be at the Olympic Games in Paris?

“It is something I have to consider and think about,” Kim said.

“It’s hard to say at this moment whether I will participate or not, but it is something to think about in the near future.”

Hope? :cheesy: At least it's not a "No" right? :olympia:

• Anyway if Korea win today's game no matter what the score is, will they confirm to advance to QF?

If Korea win, they'll advance to QF for sure.

If they lose, we'll have to hope for a favorable result in the match between Japan and the Dominican Republic. (This is assuming that Korea will not take any point in the match with Serbia, which is highly likely IMO.)

It's gonna be a tough match tonight I think because both teams want to win in order to secure their chance to the QF. Praying that Korea will get good results and the match ends without any injuries.