Brazil - Women's Superliga 2021/2022

• I have to say that I really like the team Fluminense is building for this year, on paper it's a team to battle for top 6, or even top 5. I think they can challenge Sesc Rio in Carioca Championship.

It's certainly a better team than previous ones, but I still see the big 5 + Barueri as better teams. I'd expect them to finish at 7th place at least, which I guess is an upgrade after not reaching the playoffs and almost being relegated lol

• It's certainly a better team than previous ones, but I still see the big 5 + Barueri as better teams. I'd expect them to finish at 7th place at least, which I guess is an upgrade after not reaching the playoffs and almost being relegated lol

I have to say that I'm not so sure about this at the moment. I think Minas, Praia and Osasco have the best rosters.

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Reed and Aliyeva making a super positive impact in Bauru. Flamengo is a also question mark to me because we don't know how Monique will perform. Milena is super young and has little experience, so she can not perform as well as she did in Curitiba. And Maira can get a bit messy sometimes.

Roster-wise, I think Fluminense is better than Barueri at this moment. Although Barueri has Karina for one more season, she'll play alongside a weaker OH - either Karol or Glayce. Also, people talk much about Diana but last season she was just okay. The thing with Fluminense is that I'm not sure if the coach will make things work.

• Wonder what happened between her and Paula. But it seems they are still on good terms right?

They are still friends. It just didn't work.

• I have to say that I'm not so sure about this at the moment. I think Minas, Praia and Osasco have the best rosters.

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Reed and Aliyeva making a super positive impact in Bauru. Flamengo is a also question mark to me because we don't know how Monique will perform. Milena is super young and has little experience, so she can not perform as well as she did in Curitiba. And Maira can get a bit messy sometimes.

Roster-wise, I think Fluminense is better than Barueri at this moment. Although Barueri has Karina for one more season, she'll play alongside a weaker OH - either Karol or Glayce. Also, people talk much about Diana but last season she was just okay. The thing with Fluminense is that I'm not sure if the coach will make things work.

I disagree that Fluminense's roster seems better than Barueri's. I think Barueri's advantage is that they've kept most of their roster, so they're mostly all familiar with each other. Karina, Lorena and Diana will also come with a little more baggage after training with the NT, so the team might also benefit from that. Nyeme is a big loss, sure -- and Maira too, let's be honest -- but the team might be just fine. Fluminense will have to work out the team from scratch, meaning it might take them more time to gel together, which is something Barueri will have no trouble with.

Flamengo I see doing just fine. Maira is better than Amanda imo, Natinha is better than Camila, Juma is better than Fabíola (yikes) and Lorenne wasn't all that impactful as OPP, so Monique with her experience might do just fine. Milena might grow some more with Bernardo too. I think they can actually reach the semifinals this year instead of either Bauru or Osasco (hopefully!).

As for Bauru, I agree... I don't see the foreigners doing anything special for them lol And there's Drussyla too and who knows how she's gonna perform. At least their MBs and libero are good...

• I disagree that Fluminense's roster seems better than Barueri's. I think Barueri's advantage is that they've kept most of their roster, so they're mostly all familiar with each other. Karina, Lorena and Diana will also come with a little more baggage after training with the NT, so the team might also benefit from that. Nyeme is a big loss, sure -- and Maira too, let's be honest -- but the team might be just fine. Fluminense will have to work out the team from scratch, meaning it might take them more time to gel together, which is something Barueri will have no trouble with.

Flamengo I see doing just fine. Maira is better than Amanda imo, Natinha is better than Camila, Juma is better than Fabíola (yikes) and Lorenne wasn't all that impactful as OPP, so Monique with her experience might do just fine. Milena might grow some more with Bernardo too. I think they can actually reach the semifinals this year instead of either Bauru or Osasco (hopefully!).

As for Bauru, I agree... I don't see the foreigners doing anything special for them lol And there's Drussyla too and who knows how she's gonna perform. At least their MBs and libero are good...

I agree with you that Fluminense will have to make a team from scratch. My point is that individually I think the MB duo from Fluminense is better than Diana-Lorena, also Bruninha is way better than Jacke, and I don't love Lorrayna to be honest - I think she's very error-prone.

Also agree on Flamengo. Balanced roster and good bench players as well - like Giovanna, Milka, and even Sabrina. I don't think they'll be able to beat Minas, Praia and Osasco, but they definitely can beat Bauru. Mayany is an improvement over Mara? Sure. But Drussyla still a question mark and I think it'll be hard for her to make a positive impact playing alongside Aliyeva and Reed. Only a miracle will help Bauru this season. :whistle:

• I agree with you that Fluminense will have to make a team from scratch. My point is that individually I think the MB duo from Fluminense is better than Diana-Lorena, also Bruninha is way better than Jacke, and I don't love Lorrayna to be honest - I think she's very error-prone.

Also agree on Flamengo. Balanced roster and good bench players as well - like Giovanna, Milka, and even Sabrina. I don't think they'll be able to beat Minas, Praia and Osasco, but they definitely can beat Bauru. Mayany is an improvement over Mara? Sure. But Drussyla still a question mark and I think it'll be hard for her to make a positive impact playing alongside Aliyeva and Reed. Only a miracle will help Bauru this season. :whistle:

Yeah, I'll give it to you that Fluminense has the better MB duo, even if Lays if the only one I think is really good. But we shall see how reception will go with Gabi Cândido and Paula Mohr of all people :lol: I'm also not a big fan of Lorrayna, but hopefully she learns to be less error prone this next season. Even then, she's still better than both of Flu's OPPs too.

As for Bauru... they wanna be Minas so bad with the way they approach the market, but this time it might backfire for real. Aliyeva-Reed are no Easy-Cuttino.

tumblr-oe1eriime-O1rosb88o1-500.gif

• I think Barueri has some advantages over Fluminense too, like was said, mostly of the team have played together last year, plus Karina/Lorena/Diana trained with NT, but their OH2 is weaker then last season, apparently. I'm happy that Zé brought Vivian Lima to the team, she is very talented, only 21, I hope she improves her game and take the starting position.

The fight for top 4 will be hard, Rio seems a lit bit ahead because of Bernardinho and the team seems more balanced then last year. I don't know what to think and expect about Bauru, they can reach top 4 or end up in 7th, behind Rio, Barueri and Fluminense.

For Bauru, my only wish is: recover Drussyla, Brazil thanks that.

• I heard Fluminense still looking for a foreign outside hitter, they were talking with a Cuban player, but I think didn’t work out. Btw, imo Paula Mohr and Mayara are a good bench, Gabi Candido should be starter with a foreign player, will be a huge improvement and Fluminense can beat the top ones.

• lorena-barueri-renova11.jpg

Remember how early on last season we were all talking shit about Lorena being a ghost on court? :whistle: She got so much better and I'm glad that she's staying in Barueri for one more year. I just hope she can continue to improve. Diana too.

By the way, does anyone know how Barueri is gonna work this season financially? I remember reading Zé was paying most things from his own pocket and that he wouldn't be able to do so anymore if they didn't find a sponsor. I haven't seen any sponsor being announced so far... Not to mention São Paulo is leaving, but it's not like they were doing anything for the team anyway.

it will be exciting to see Lorena, Diana and Julia Kudiess all in Senior NT.

• I think Barueri has some advantages over Fluminense too, like was said, mostly of the team have played together last year, plus Karina/Lorena/Diana trained with NT, but their OH2 is weaker then last season, apparently. I'm happy that Zé brought Vivian Lima to the team, she is very talented, only 21, I hope she improves her game and take the starting position.

The fight for top 4 will be hard, Rio seems a lit bit ahead because of Bernardinho and the team seems more balanced then last year. I don't know what to think and expect about Bauru, they can reach top 4 or end up in 7th, behind Rio, Barueri and Fluminense.

For Bauru, my only wish is: recover Drussyla, Brazil thanks that.

I really think Vivian Lima will be the setter understudy in NT - 3rd setter after Macris and Roberta

• I really think Vivian Lima will be the setter understudy in NT - 3rd setter after Macris and Roberta

The first time I saw her I had that feeling when you see a player much more talented than she should be at that age and with few experience, it's a pity that she was bench after that.

But as I said, she is only 21 and now it's working with Zé, so I expect she evolves her volleyball, if he do his magics (like he did with Lorena) than she will be a great setter, no doubt.

• The first time I saw her I had that feeling when you see a player much more talented than she should be at that age and with few experience, it's a pity that she was bench after that.

Ugh, same. What was the team she first appeared in Superliga at 17 yo? Fluminense? I just remember her being solid and tall, it's indeed quite a pity she chose to be on the bench for like 4 years. Hopefully she's able to improve under Zé and perhaps grab that starter spot in the team (not that I'm rooting against Jacke lol she's good, albeit too short).

As for setters, I think there's still plenty of people ahead of players like Vivian. Juma, Naiane, Jacke, Kenya, Lyara... we shall see who Zé chooses to work with aside from Macris and Roberta (who I think will be the setters in Paris unless some really steps it up).

• Ugh, same. What was the team she first appeared in Superliga at 17 yo? Fluminense? I just remember her being solid and tall, it's indeed quite a pity she chose to be on the bench for like 4 years. Hopefully she's able to improve under Zé and perhaps grab that starter spot in the team (not that I'm rooting against Jacke lol she's good, albeit too short).

As for setters, I think there's still plenty of people ahead of players like Vivian. Juma, Naiane, Jacke, Kenya, Lyara... we shall see who Zé chooses to work with aside from Macris and Roberta (who I think will be the setters in Paris unless some really steps it up).

It was in Brasilia, then she went to Fluminense, Praia and comeback to Brasilia last season, lost a couple of years on bench, just like Naiane did. I'm also rooting for her to take the starting position, I like Jacke, but her height it's something that disfavors her.

I agree that this players are all ahead of Vivian, but I have the feeling she is the kind of player who can suddenly shine, let's see. Since 2014 I've been rooting for Juma, Naiane and Lyara, but Juma seems the only one who has established her carreer. I hope Naiane do well in Chemik, she has so much to show, the same for Kenya, she has everything to put Fabíola on bench.

• Ugh, same. What was the team she first appeared in Superliga at 17 yo? Fluminense? I just remember her being solid and tall, it's indeed quite a pity she chose to be on the bench for like 4 years. Hopefully she's able to improve under Zé and perhaps grab that starter spot in the team (not that I'm rooting against Jacke lol she's good, albeit too short).

there’s Duda Sanglard too a nee setter for Ze Roberto’s team. 18yo daughter of Ana Flavia. So Barueri has 3 setters: Duda, Vivian and Jacke