Brazil - Women's Superliga 2021/2022

• Praia announced their complete roster. The updates are Walewksa, Ariane benching for Brayelin, and Jordane as the third setter. I think this is Praia's weakest group in years, but most clubs - except for Minas - aren't hiring any great players either. So I think they'll be able to remain as a top team in Superliga.

• Praia announced their complete roster. The updates are Walewksa, Ariane benching for Brayelin, and Jordane as the third setter. I think this is Praia's weakest group in years, but most clubs - except for Minas - aren't hiring any great players either. So I think they'll be able to remain as a top team in Superliga.

Who the hell is gonna pass in this team?

• Osasco won't renew with Jaque... I think Osasco will deeply miss her, since Michelle is her replacement.. But, Jaque is Jaque, next season she will be back, as usual

• Osasco won't renew with Jaque... I think Osasco will deeply miss her, since Michelle is her replacement.. But, Jaque is Jaque, next season she will be back, as usual

Praia could definitely use someone like Jaque :whistle: But knowing she doesn't like playing anywhere else other than São Paulo...

• Didn’t realize so many Brazilian players playing abroad next season. Good for them.

I am rooting for Drussyla to gain her old form. Will she be starter in Bauru?

Where will Jaque play next season?

Yes

other oh leave the team i think

Oh yikes, Just when I was excited to see her play with Fabiana.

She must still be struggling with injuries, or they're holding it against her that she was injured missing quite some matches. Because the matches she played when she was healthy she never got benched and was better than Tainara and Gabi C.

Hoping she can make a good transfer still.

• Gabriela Martins, Dani Suco, Larissa Gongra e Natasha will be the middle blockers next season in Pinheiros. I think Martins and Natasha it’s the best duo, but I’m wondering why investing so much in this position. 🤔 Don’t know if Sonaly and Talia will be a good duo in pos 4.

• can sb please translate?

Tiffany said that in the beginning everything was very hard, she received a lot of aggressive messages, threats, but things got better and she feels very proud of being the first trans athlete in volleyball. She was well accepted by Osasco after playing for Bauru for the last 4 seasons.

re Tandara: it was an interview of hers from 2018 where she said that she didn't agree with the decision of letting Tiffany compete. But Tiffany said that Tandara changed her way of thinking, and that she's much more receptive and supportive now.

And in the end Tiffany says that she doesn't dream of playing in the Olympics, instead she wants to continue being a spokesperson and an example for trans athletes, fighting for them to have opportunities to become pro athletes.

• lorena-barueri-renova11.jpg

Remember how early on last season we were all talking shit about Lorena being a ghost on court? :whistle: She got so much better and I'm glad that she's staying in Barueri for one more year. I just hope she can continue to improve. Diana too.

By the way, does anyone know how Barueri is gonna work this season financially? I remember reading Zé was paying most things from his own pocket and that he wouldn't be able to do so anymore if they didn't find a sponsor. I haven't seen any sponsor being announced so far... Not to mention São Paulo is leaving, but it's not like they were doing anything for the team anyway.

• I have to say that I really like the team Fluminense is building for this year, on paper it's a team to battle for top 6, or even top 5. I think they can challenge Sesc Rio in Carioca Championship.