Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• If you are going to compare the players next to them, you should talk about the setters first. While Ebrar plays with Hancock, Mingardi plays with Poulter. Setters can make huge differences.

Maybe. It was just my opinion. But since we're on the topic.

Without Poulter

26k (42%)

25k (35%)

29k (45%)

21k (53%)

• If you are going to compare the players next to them, you should talk about the setters first. While Ebrar plays with Hancock, Mingardi plays with Poulter. Setters can make huge differences.

This is perhaps true, although Mingardi made a huge leap in her game this season and I don't think it can be credited to Poulter (since they've played together for a while), I've always considered Mingardi more of a system-player, but this year she's really productive on elite level. Karakurt-Mingardi is a matter of choice IMHO since statistically they're very similar, but it's only regular season, last year Herbots won Trofeo Gazzetta (this La Gazzetta award for best RS player) and we know how it ended in the playoffs. Here are Mingardi's stats from A1 year by year:

Points per set Spike percentage Spike efficiency
    2021/2022 5,19 41,5% 28,9%
    2020/2021 4,89 35,3% 23,7%
    2019/2020 5,47 36,9% 24,3%
    2018/2019 2,70 34,3% 22,6%
    2017/2018 4,07 36,0% 22,5%

Antropova since she's become a starter is stats-wise at 4.7 pts/set, 45% spike percentage and 32% spike efficiency, so level-wise she may be already 2nd best to Egonu (who's at 6 pts per set/50%/37%, so she didn't win these individual awards because it would've been boring), but she didn't play in many games for well-known reasons.

In general, the level of opposites has been, partially thanks to Karkurt,better than last season, at least so far. The playoffs will be a verification for all of them besides Egonu tho.

• Antropova is great, she will next big thing. I hope she will play for Russia instead of Italy since they have already Egonu, Mingardi and Nwakolar while Russia will lose Goncharova and Lazareva is not a good replacement. On the other hand, due to sanctions Russia is so messy right now probably Antropova will pick Italy

• Famous Novara rotation(s) when Bosetti is the only wing in front row. Opponents almost always make a few break points.