Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• I love this Wolosz slander, it's her fault that Plummer has 6 mistakes in reception and God knows how many overpasses, Egonu did 12 mistakes and both MBs only 2 blocks each/ 4 sets. I am not saying she's playing fabulous volleyball at the moment, but some users clearly want to downgrade her in every occasion. For the record she set the same amount of balls to mbs as Hancock.

• Is not her first bad match in this season. Egonu this year is definetly worst than the two previous years.

In 2019-2020 she was level up and she became the best opposite in the world and suddenly in the olympics in the summer of 2021 she was starting to play really bad . Egonu this year it seems to me that is worst than the season 2018-2019. She is making a lot of mistakes and she is to nervous in the important matches

• Is not her first bad match in this season. Egonu this year is definetly worst than the two previous years.

In 2019-2020 she was level up and she became the best opposite in the world and suddenly in the olympics in the summer of 2021 she was starting to play really bad . Egonu this year it seems to me that is worst than the season 2018-2019. She is making a lot of mistakes and she is to nervous in the important matches

Maybe she's just tired. She's constantly under the pressure since she was teenager. She's always the one that gets the most balls and plays in almost every match. I think she didn't say the last word.

• Egonu and 7 errors is not even close to her record LoL, i remember her glory days with 16 in 4 set match.

*ofc talking attacking wise only

• Plummer is the biggest mistake that Conegliano has done. No matter what impact She has in attack She destroyed team chemistry with her reception and her terrible defence.

This two were key of Conegliano game.

Plummer is very good OH but not for team as Conegliano. She is not that type of player what Conegliano needs. Even if Courtney looks weaker as player She is stabile player. That is more important. I’m talking about Conegliano and their way of playing.

I adore Wolosz for me She is the best setter but I miss her fun game, when She dares to make something not always going with Egonu. That is something that is missing.

• Nika's passing; total 38, 1 error, %71 pos 47% perf reception:*

OMG how stable receiver she is lol

• Plummer is the biggest mistake that Conegliano has done. No matter what impact She has in attack She destroyed team chemistry with her reception and her terrible defence.

Plummer is very good OH but not for team as Conegliano. She is not that type of player what Conegliano needs. Even if Courtney looks weaker as player She is stabile player. That is more important. I’m talking about Conegliano and their way of playing.

Which is why its mind boggling that Santarelli hasnt adjusted.

We knew that Plummer's reception was weak.... and they haven't changed their reception strategy at all.

Watch how Fersino covered Nika in certain rotations or how Brenda does for Scandicci. Courtney does her best... De Gennaro is not aggressive enough.

• We knew that Plummer's reception was weak.... and they haven't changed their reception strategy at all.

Watch how Fersino covered Nika in certain rotations or how Brenda does for Scandicci. Courtney does her best... De Gennaro is not aggressive enough.

You are OH learn how pass or don’t be OH.

And maybe Santarelli is pushing her to receive and not to hide behind libero.

• You are OH learn how pass or don’t be OH.

well she is learning

but that’s just not a good strategy, especially for imoco’s system. That’s what my point is.

it’s more valuable for De Gennaro to be more aggressive and have slightly less good passing, than Plummer to receive this many balls

• Egonu rarely gets blocked but she does make a lot of errors. Its not something new.

I am happy for Novara though. I hope they win the regular season so they are automatically qualified for CL next season. They still have 2 more games to play while Imoco has one. If Novara wins those 2 games, they will most likely overtake Imoco as well as Monza.

I think Imoco might be more interesting next season with the arrival of Haak and probably Robinson.

• You are OH learn how pass or don’t be OH.

Theres a reason why balanced OHs are rare nowadays. We literally can only count them with our fingers. Thats why teams should make do of what they have. If they need the liberos to cover more court then so be it. Its not a new strategy. So saying if you cant pass then you shouldnt be an OH is quite shallow.

• Not it is not shallow, everything can be learn by training. Do better and harder, train more.

Is stupid not to know how to pass and that is YOUR JOB. Literally your job.

• Everytime I see Plummer I like her less and less. She's a disaster in recpetion and defense, while in attack she doesn't have that killer instinct. She makes points but then some mistakes, she's not reliable..

• Everytime I see Plummer I like her less and less. She's a disaster in recpetion and defense, while in attack she doesn't have that killer instinct. She makes points but then some mistakes, she's not reliable..

kinda funny when she has the highest termination % of all outside hitters.

she needs to go to a team that runs a slower offense. wolosz likes to shoot the ball to the left pin and its like let homegirl get ready lol.

• kinda funny when she has the highest termination % of all outside hitters.

she needs to go to a team that runs a slower offense. wolosz likes to shoot the ball to the left pin and its like let homegirl get ready lol.

She would tear the Superliga apart... We play slow, she can fit right in, it would be nice to see

• Not it is not shallow, everything can be learn by training. Do better and harder, train more.

Is stupid not to know how to pass and that is YOUR JOB. Literally your job.

So are we questioning how hard a player trains now? She is 23, she has more room to grow. Kim Hill became a breakout star at the age of 24, Bartsch at 27. Larson became an all around OH when she was in her late 20s. Not everyone can start as KYK ya know.

And Imoco literally knows this fact so Santarelli should have made Moki cover more court. Thats what Novara did in this game because Nika can be unstable in reception. Scandicci even does this with Brenda and Pietrini.

Anyways, Im happy Novara won. Its been a long time coming.

• Lol

Chill out she just had a bad day

She did, although Egonu lacks this extra gear she had a season ago, and that's on display since NT season. She still has a shot for being the best player in the world tho, but she hasn't been in her extra-terrestrial shape for quite some time. And, if anyone remembers carefully the decisive part of the last season, Conegliano ended unbeaten because E(T)gonu was delivering like crazy, not because of Conegliano system or Wołosz or anything.

but that’s just not a good strategy, especially for imoco’s system. That’s what my point is.

Yup. I was wondering at the beginning of the season whether Santarelli purposely thinks that giving Plummer no coverage in reception is a receipt to improve her skills for the latter part of the season, so he was playing chess while we were learning how to play checkers, but naaah, even if that was an idea (probably not, lol), it's March already, her reception is non-existent for Conegliano's expectations and they definitely should play in a different system in reception, with different setting distribution. As for now, basically, they have a fragile reception because of Plummer receiving twice as many balls as De Gennaro on regular basis, and yet it's not compensated offensively because of Egonuliano. I don't see any logic in that.

Btw. I enjoy how stable technically is Daalderop on offense, here's a table of most efficient (successful spikes minus blocked attacks minus errors in attack / number of spikes) starting OHs/OPPs (min. 200 attempts) this season:

NameNumber of spikes Spike % Spike Efficiency
    EGONU PAOLA 793 49,3% 35,2%
    DAALDEROP NIKA 383 45,2% 34,7%
    DEGRADI ALICE 251 46,2% 33,5%
    ANTROPOVA EKATERINA 304 46,1% 33,2%
    GRAY ALEXA 679 46,2% 32,7%
    PLUMMER KATHRYN 284 46,5% 31,7%
    GENNARI ALESSIA 373 40,8% 31,6%
    LAZOVIC KATARINA 219 41,6% 30,6%
    MINGARDI CAMILLA 871 42,3% 29,6%
    VAN HECKE LISE 377 41,4% 28,9%
    CAZAUTE HELENA 375 42,9% 28,3%