Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• emma cagnin to bergamo

Good move,like casal with malual i think it gonna be impossible for both teams to avoid relegation but I like them to play with local young players,better than investing in foreigbers than don't show their value

• I guess with the Olympics starting no one is going to be interested, but starting tomorrow and over the weekend the U19 Italian Championship is going to take place (all matches are going to be streamed here). Pool phase is going to be boring, the more interesting matches will be the semifinals on saturday afternoon and finals on sunday morning.

Volleyrò is a shoe in for the final and the most likely to get the title, they are basically the starters that just won the U20 WCh, without Frosini and Omoruyi (with Diop playing as Opp and Adelusi and/or Nervini as OH). They have dominated the U18-U19 category for years now, this would be their 7th championship in a row if they end up winning it.

The other finalist is more uncertain, Imoco is probably the overall favourite (Omoruyi, Graziani, Cagnin, Pelloia) but they're going to be on the same pool as Novara (even though I don't think they're as strong as in the past generation) and whoever wins the pool will likely face Sassuolo on the semifinals, and Antropova is BY FAR the best player on this tourney, I can definetly see her winning the match by herself. I guess a lot of it will depend on the condition they arrive to the match, the schedule has been crammed compared to past years (due to Covid regulations I think) so the poor girls will have to play two matches in a day at least once :pinch:

• I guess with the Olympics starting no one is going to be interested, but starting tomorrow and over the weekend the U19 Italian Championship is going to take place (all matches are going to be streamed here). Pool phase is going to be boring, the more interesting matches will be the semifinals on saturday afternoon and finals on sunday morning.

Volleyrò is a shoe in for the final and the most likely to get the title, they are basically the starters that just won the U20 WCh, without Frosini and Omoruyi (with Diop playing as Opp and Adelusi and/or Nervini as OH). They have dominated the U18-U19 category for years now, this would be their 7th championship in a row if they end up winning it.

The other finalist is more uncertain, Imoco is probably the overall favourite (Omoruyi, Graziani, Cagnin, Pelloia) but they're going to be on the same pool as Novara (even though I don't think they're as strong as in the past generation) and whoever wins the pool will likely face Sassuolo on the semifinals, and Antropova is BY FAR the best player on this tourney, I can definetly see her winning the match by herself. I guess a lot of it will depend on the condition they arrive to the match, the schedule has been crammed compared to past years (due to Covid regulations I think) so the poor girls will have to play two matches in a day at least once :pinch:

But cagnin already signed on bergamo and antropova on scandicci

how they gonna play that tournament by their past teams?

• But cagnin already signed on bergamo and antropova on scandicci

how they gonna play that tournament by their past teams?

It's youth teams plus those contract are for next season, this is the last tourney of this season. And it's just loans for most part (Cagnin will still be under Conegliano for instance not Bergamo) and almost all the players there have been playing in different teams than their youth team for the past 1-2 years.

Surprise imoco win,i tought volleyro gonna win

for the ones saying that adelusi should go to wch instead of frosini no,she still have no control on her power attack,needs to tip sometimes instead of hit and also she isn't good at oos balls

I like katja eckel,she was in the u20 before cut

Antropova win best oh,armini best libero,graziani best mb,guiducci best setter and omoruyi mvp

It concerns me antropova's situation,Idk hownis she in terms of getting italian citizenship but I know it takes time and it makes me sad to think that this could be the reason she decide not play for italy and go to russia instead

• I literally can’t wait for Seria A to begin to wash my brain from NT season and terrible volleyball :gone:

I can’t wait to watch Wolosz magic, all other setters reminds me how GREAT and WHAT A LEGEND she is :heart:

And ofc Egonu to show who is the boss in Seria A as in WCCH and CL.

Can’t wait to watch “new” Conegliano with Plummer and Courtney and what Santarelli is gone do with them. I still think that Sylla is gone starter, but this two are gone become starting OH sooner or later. I lost hopes from Sylla to wake up.

Starting from 64. vicotries in the row, they need 9 more wins and they can break legendary Vakifbank record. This everything but not easy task, I have feeling that they are gone go in every match with some extra pressure.

But I’m the most excited about Novara with Ebrar in it. I do believe we are gone watch the hell good matches between Imoco and Novara.

Scandicci has so good line up, but with messy Malinov I don’t know what they can do.

Pietrini showed that She can be world class OH and next to her we have Natalia. They have so good OH duo with great OPP. We just needs to wait and see.

I’m so interested about Megabox, still waitinfg for OPP position to see how good they can perform. I think this is only slow start from them for 2022/2023 season.

And I have felling Busto is gone repeat their performance from last season. Monza is the biggest :?:

6 great teams and 3 potential runner ups :cheesy:

What a legendary this season can be :drink:

• I’m so interested about Megabox, still waitinfg for OPP position to see how good they can perform. I think this is only slow start from them for 2022/2023 season.

And I have felling Busto is gone repeat their performance from last season. Monza is the biggest :?:

6 great teams and 3 potential runner ups :cheesy:

What a legendary this season can be :drink:

Pretty sure Carcaces is going to be the main opposite. They're also hiring Aeksandra Georgieva that can play as Opp and OH but I guess she will start from the bench.

Just out of curiosity, which ones are the great teams and which ones are the runner ups?

• Pretty sure Carcaces is going to be the main opposite. They're also hiring Aeksandra Georgieva that can play as Opp and OH but I guess she will start from the bench.

Just out of curiosity, which ones are the great teams and which ones are the runner ups?

top 6

Conegliano

Busto

Scandicci

Novara

Monza

Chieri

Runner ups:

Megabox

Cuneo

Firenza

Even Roma, Perugia and Trentino looks really interesting. They can make some upsets.

• I just hope this won't turn into another Caserta :aww: Honestly I have been sceptical ever since they signed Kosheleva, to me it's always suspicious when an unknown newcomer team all of a sudden makes such a move :gone:

• I just hope this won't turn into another Caserta :aww: Honestly I have been sceptical ever since they signed Kosheleva, to me it's always suspicious when an unknown newcomer team all of a sudden makes such a move :gone:

It's definitely a weird situation, last season was even the first they played in A2 and it doesn't really happen for teams to come like that out of nowhere 😬 and losing Babbi even before the season is even weirder, he used to be the sport director for Robuspor back in their glory day and he's someone that knows what he's doing. I think (and hope) it's not going to be as intense as Caserta or Legnano (it was clear from way before they were promoted that those two teams were a mess) but I can see this going along the lines of the last Pesaro (Cambi, Van Hecke, Nizetich etc) with a good season and just disappearing right after

• Already? Immediately Caserta came to my mind like Matthias :lol:

So JT staying in Eczacı might be even better now lol avid

• So doing some reading on the history of the team, it's a situation similar to Scandicci with a rich guy just buying himself a team and pushing it up to A1 in no time. The team is owned by the sponsor (even though it's not a sponsor as rich as Savino del Bene), and usually these kind of teams rather than having issues in terms of money have issues with the owners interfering too much with the work of coaches/sporting directors. Let's see what's going to happen 😬

• just look at savino.a lot of money and a lot of sh.ts transfers and just names and never make it to final desoite having better teamon paper than other finalist

• No, no. It's not like Caserta. Don't worry. Nothing to do with that mafia trash.

I am 100% sure all the signed players in Vallefoglia will receive their full salaries. Megabox is a trustworthy company.

But I agree with those who say this club may not last many years.. let'see