Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2021/22

• I'm annoyed that game 3 of the finals series is scheduled for 8:10pm on a weekday (May 4th). if this happens to be the final game the championship ceremony could be at 11pm or later, I think that's too late, considering the spectators will need some time afterwards to get home.

Main transport vehicle S train Stuttgart is running far after midnight, it should pose no real issue for us.

• Rote Raben Vilsbiburg, two times German champion, revealed an ambitious plan to increase the yearly budget from just above one million Euro (no more fully competitive) to 2.5 million Euro in 2025. With their two strong main sponsors Flottweg AG and Dräxlmaier (both have their main company location in Vilsbiburg!) and the will, to put in a name sponsor like Allianz MTV Stuttgart and SSC Palmberg Schwerin this might be possible; with former head coach Guillermo Gallardo as sports director and Klaus Peter Jung, the last years in Berlin for the VBL, as member of the supervisory board, they try to realize this and hope to return to CEV Cup and later even CL. - With some more backing Stuttgart will have about 2.2 million Euro I guess in the coming season 22/23 for your comparison. Look here (in German): https://roteraben.de/nestnews/…uss-an-die-spitze-finden/

• Jenna Gray, Madeleine Gates, Maja Storck, Kristina Kicka, Layne Van Buskirk, Teodora Pusic and Jaqueline Quade and the Co-trainer Bart Janssen will leave Dresden.

https://www.dresdnersportclub.…eidungen-beim-dresdner-sc

Storck will play in the "south of Europe" so I guess it's Italy.

It's not a surprise to me either, and you can see that Alexander Waibl's statement was correct. If you take all registered players you are over 40 percent and if you only take the "contract players" you are over 50 percent.

• It's not a surprise to me either, and you can see that Alexander Waibl's statement was correct. If you take all registered players you are over 40 percent and if you only take the "contract players" you are over 50 percent.

Right. I wonder if that means that Janiska and Dreblow stay. If so, the rumours about Pallag and Lohman make no sense to me...if Lohman comes, it would mean that Bock keeps playing as an OH. So if you hire Pallag they would only have receiving OHs again...and after Waibl made clear that having too little attacking power on the OH position was their weak point this season I can't imagine that will happen.

On the other side, Waibl started to follow Lohmann and Graboska on Instagram...

• Right. I wonder if that means that Janiska and Dreblow stay. If so, the rumours about Pallag and Lohman make no sense to me...if Lohman comes, it would mean that Bock keeps playing as an OH. So if you hire Pallag they would only have receiving OHs again...and after Waibl made clear that having too little attacking power on the OH position was their weak point this season I can't imagine that will happen.

On the other side, Waibl started to follow Lohmann and Graboska on Instagram...

It would certainly be very important for the club if Janiska stayed and I very much hope that this will happen. Things are looking good at the moment, but of course we still have to wait for official confirmation from the club.

I also think the rumors about Lohmann and Pallag don't really make sense. I also think that the rumors about Lohmann and Pallag bite each other. (Can you say that in English?) I think you feel the same way. You wrote: If you get Lohmann, that means that Bock will continue to play OH. But if you get Pallag, that actually means that Bock will become Libera again, because Pallag is also an receiving OH and you actually still need space for an attacking OH.

So what my guess would be, either Lohmann comes or Pallag comes, but both don't make sense and, as you said, would lead to the same situation as this season and that's exactly the situation Alexander Waibl has in the interview before the first leg against Potsdam at Sport1 in the interview also retrospectively presented as a mistake, at least that's what I read from the lines.

I also wonder if Dreblow will stay, especially given the Lohmann rumor. Before last season, Dresden actually only planned with one Libera, and that was with Linda Bock. Dreblow was only signed because she assured the club that she sees herself as the clear number two behind Linda Bock. Does Dresden plan to have two Liberas this time and if so, how does the "ranking" look? Personally, I can't imagine Lohmann sitting on the bench in Dresden as Libera number 2. From my point of view, she has shown too strong performances in Suhl in the last two seasons. But it would also be quite strange for Dreblow to have to line up for the third time behind another Libera - Bock, Pusic and now maybe Lohmann.

Nevertheless, I would like to end by saying that I would be delighted if Elisa Lohmann went to Dresden because I really like her appearance and charisma. I would also begrudge her the fact that after she left Schwerin, where she saw no prospects at the time, she played again at a top German club and is Libera number 1 there and can play for the title.

• Gymnicus
    I fully agree with you in every point you made!
    I would like to see Lohmann in Dresden as well but also I was kinda hoping that Bock returns to be a libero because I think she has better prospects playing this position. If she continues playing OH, Dresden definetly needs a strong attacking OH in addition but assuming Janiska, Wesser and Stöckmann stay, they already have 4 OH..
    Dresden will have a press conference on Wednesday about a "personell decision". I'm quite sure it's about the contract extension of Janiska.

• Do you guys think Dresden should try to make Wesser a starter next season? If she develops just a little more, she could exactly be the player that Dresden needs and Bock could go back to being Libero. It would be a gamble of course. Otherwise they would need to find a really good attacking OH.

In any case, without the fire power of Storck, Dresden cannot play both Janiska and Bock as OHs if they want to play for the top spots.