Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Hold on does Airi count as Victorina's foreign player?

I think she's a local player, since she and her sister are (correct me if I'm wrong) Japanese citizens. Also why they can play in the NT, just like Momii!

• According to VBM, Saga's new captain is Ohtake with Misaki Inoue and Shirasawa as deputy captains. This isn't weird at all?:/

Toe is no longer Hisamitsu's captain? What happened to that??

• I think she's a local player, since she and her sister are (correct me if I'm wrong) Japanese citizens. Also why they can play in the NT, just like Momii!

If you go to high school or college as a foreigner, you usually will not be considered a foreign player.

Hawi and Hannah Tapp would be an example at Hitachi.

• If you go to high school or college as a foreigner, you usually will not be considered a foreign player.

Hawi and Hannah Tapp would be an example at Hitachi.

Wait, so if you're a foreigner without a Japanese citizenship but you attend high school/college there, you're not considered a foreign player?

• yes. Momii was not considered a foreigner. Hence Annie and Thatdao.

But you can't be chosen for the NT unless you're a Japanese citizen, no? Hence Airi Miyabe is a citizen?

• For Neriman it could be Toyota, JT, NEC, Ageo as All have lose their foreigner

I thought SWP was confirmed-ish to return?

• There was some wrinkle I read about on the internets a few months ago regarding Melissa Valdes and whether she counted as a foreigner in Category A or B

The wrinkle being that you needed to have done three years in HS (and other stuff) to be considered a non-foreigner foreigner in V.League. The wrinkle was that she didn't start her first year of HS until a couple months late, so ... technically she didn't get three years in. But she may be on the road to naturalization which would make that point moot

In other words, she probably counted as a PFU foreigner foreigner last year and limited PFU to an additional ASEAN import but I don't know (and honestly don't care ... I just love to spread unsourced gossip)

brahmin I can't find the article because I didn't really care about it at the time I read it. Do you know anything about A & B foreigner registrations in V.League. Or was the whole premise just Internet garbage?

• Mika Shibata has been confirmed to be joining Vandoeuvre Nancy Volleyballin France! If I remember correctly, she's the 3rd Japanese to be playing in the French Ligue A besides Tashiro (VB Nantes) and Arisa Inoue (Saint-Raphael)!

• If I remember correctly, she's the 3rd Japanese to be playing in the French Ligue A besides Tashiro (VB Nantes) and Arisa Inoue (Saint-Raphael)!

I think Ebata, Sano, Ino - former NEC libero and Zayasu - former Saga libero did play in RC Cannes before. Is that club still active in France?