2021 U20 Women's World Championship

• So they basically lost their 2 best players (Ana and Júlia). That third place ain't gonna hold.

Yep, two players that already played a U-20 tournament made by fivb plus libero that played for Fluminense

• Does anyone know if FIVB will organize the U-18 Womens World Championship?

• the only good players for this generation where ana cristina,julia and the libero

I was surprised they finish 3rd,imo even brazlian didn't expect that,u20 was more promising

Let's see how they do without their 2 best players

• yes. its in september in Mexico.

Good. Brazil might bring some tall young prospects.

• i remember the opposite Kisy Nascimento, she was very good the last U18 world Championship, but probably is not U20 right now.

Noooo

she was in the last u20 tournament with tainara,julia bergman.....she is senior now

• Today will start the Balkan Championship u20 in Belgrade, there is the link on which you can watch the live streams.

https://youtube.com/c/OSSRBOdbojka%C5%A1kisavezSrbije

It's OSSRB youtube channel, if for some reason link doesn't work for someone who want to watch. I will not smash this thread with this "unrelated" topics, but i feelled that it would be too much for particular thread for Balkan Championship.

Turkey - Albania (16:30)

Serbia - N. Macedonia (19:00)

• Serbian roster for Balkan Championship (probably also for the WCH) :

s: Tisma, Mandovic

opp: Savic

oh: Uzelac, Cvetkovic, Tica, Kockarevic

mb: Kurtagic, Malesevic, Osmajic

l: Gocanin, Pakic

• Turkey's roster

S: Lila Şengün - Hilal Kocakara

OH: Sude Hacımustafaoğlu - Elif Su Eriçek- İpar Kurt - Melisa Bükmen - Aleyna Göçmen - Beren Yeşilırmak

MB: Karmen Aksoy - Hanife Nur Özaydınlı - Sude Naz Uzun

L: Gülce Güçtekin

• Is there a thread for CEV U20 Championship?

If I'm not mistaken, this year there is only CEV U16 Championships.

U19 Championships took place last year.

• The only difference from the U19 champion roster are: second setter Çağla Şahin is replaced by Hilal Kocakara and starting MB ILayda Uçak who had a bad injury at the end of season, will be replaced by Karmen Aksoy.

Ilayda's absence will hurt the team. She one of the breakthrough of this season. I hope she can continue next season from the same level of pre-injury. She should be one of these MBs to pay extra attention after Eda's retirement.

Also it is great that all 3 of these players Melisa Bükmen - Aleyna Göçmen - Beren Yeşilırmak are from 2004/2005 generation. I am surprised that Dalia Wilson was not called to replace Ilayda.

• The only difference from the U19 champion roster are: second setter Çağla Şahin is replaced by Hilal Kocakara and starting MB ILayda Uçak who had a bad injury at the end of season, will be replaced by Karmen Aksoy.

Ilayda's absence will hurt the team. She one of the breakthrough of this season. I hope she can continue next season from the same level of pre-injury. She should be one of these MBs to pay extra attention after Eda's retirement.

Also it is great that all 3 of these players Melisa Bükmen - Aleyna Göçmen - Beren Yeşilırmak are from 2004/2005 generation. I am surprised that Dalia Wilson was not called to replace Ilayda.

I saw some people were saying Karmen was a lot better than Hanife-İlayda, but she was injured and couldnt be with U19 team last year. She might surprise us with her performance.

Happy that Hilal made it, a lot of people are saying she is very good. I didnt watch a lot her to judge. Lets see what she can do.

Also 9 players from this list will be playing in Sultanlar Ligi and most likely will be starters. Great for Turkish volleyball

• Dutch roster:

NamePositionHeightBirthdayResidenceClub 2020-2021
    Kim Klein LankhorstSetter1.76m5-7-2002GroningenApollo'8
    Hyke LyklemaSetter1.85m14-10-2002GorredijkTalentteam Papendal
    Jolijn de HaanOutside hitter1.85m3-10-2002DongenSliedrecht Sport
    Jolien KnollemaOutside hitter1.85m5-1-2003Haren GNEurosped
    Jette KuipersOutside hitter1.84m23-7-2002TubbergenTalentteam Papendal
    Iris VosOutside hitter1.83m15-10-2002Den DolderTalentteam Papendal
    Britte StuutMiddle blocker1.98m11-1-2003TexelTalentteam Papendal
    Marije ten BrinkeMiddle blocker1.88m19-4-2004EnterApollo'8
    Rixt van der WalMiddle blocker1.86m3-4-2003HaskerhorneSneek
    Elles DambrinkOpposite1.84m22-6-2003Ouderkerk aan den IJsselVCN