2024 Paris Olympic Games

• it gonna be weird but top 10 teams gonna qualify to olympics besides france and african team

• It gonna affect a lot russia

• Russia at this point is an afterthought due to the war, so their points will be dropping. Would be in without the war in my mind.

For the Top Two in the Pools, I think that avid is right on the teams.

For the remaining teams

Africa will be Cameroon/Kenya

Japan will probably be around 7-10 zone

DR will probably be in the 7-12 zone

Germany 9-12

Netherlands is going to be all over the place and will really depend on the results of 2022 World Champs as a start point for them. Losing a great generation and then a sprint through Euro Qualification/Champs in 2023, which should put them in after VNL...

Poland should also being the 9-12 range.

I think that any team outside of that will have to have really outperformed or seen one-two of the teams above collapse, those that could pounce

Belgium

Canada

Puerto Rico

South Korea

Thailand

Argentina

Colombia

• I, for one, will express how much I dislike the "host" team getting slotted in A1/B1/C1 etc.

It's such an unlevel playing field for the non-hosts.

Japan will get one of the spots because its Japan (and they have to maintain their world cup contract).

Im curious how the other two will be decided. One of them will be European, for cost reasons.

I dont see the USA getting to host (unless they're still top ranked)

• I LOVE NEW SYSTEM!

Finally a good move from FIVB. With this system, pretty much best 10 teams will play in best tournament of this sport! This system ensures the diversity of continents but It doesn't give free pass to 'weak' continents which Asian, south and north American teams benefited.

Also this system puts so much impact and value of world ranking, now VNL will be very important, more than ever. I like systems rewarding teams with long lasting success instead of one-off peaks.

With new system, qualification tournaments will be quite fun events to watch. Will it be a round robin system?

• Japan will try to host both the men and women, I have a feeling. Fuji or TBS need some volleyball content. and with it only being 7 matches, it will cost less than the tournament before.

USA would have to drop a ton points to not be a host. You think that with the players the USA has on offer, that it will drop that far, I don't think so.

• Japan will try to host both the men and women, I have a feeling. Fuji or TBS need some volleyball content. and with it only being 7 matches, it will cost less than the tournament before.

USA would have to drop a ton points to not be a host. You think that with the players the USA has on offer, that it will drop that far, I don't think so.

No, not that.

I dont think USA will host because they will be outbid by China and the Europeans and they wont be awarded based on ranking.

Japan will host. They still have the world cup contract with FIVB.

• I LOVE NEW SYSTEM!

Finally a good move from FIVB. With this system, pretty much best 10 teams will play in best tournament of this sport! This system ensures the diversity of continents but It doesn't give free pass to 'weak' continents which Asian, south and north American teams benefited.

the weak continents that have won the OG every year since 1988? 8o

I'd argue it doesnt ensure diversity of continents, the last system did.

CSV #2, AVC #3 won't get in.... I have doubts about NORCECA #2 and even AVC #2 as well (depending on certain factors)

• Sorry brother, but where can I find the formula format you're referring to? I didn't find it. Thanks!

• Sorry brother, but where can I find the formula format you're referring to? I didn't find it. Thanks!

Enter the link I provided, scroll down, click on "qualification" and then search the volleyball pdf among the several sports options.

• the weak continents that have won the OG every year since 1988? 8o

I'd argue it doesnt ensure diversity of continents, the last system did.

CSV #2, AVC #3 won't get in.... I have doubts about NORCECA #2 and even AVC #2 as well (depending on certain factors)

Exactly! They won't probably! and why should they if they don't have the level? Having at least one is more than enough for 'diversity'

Don't brag about that success, it is not like America was the one winning for all these years. Wanna check what CSV #2, AVC #3 did in those editions?😏 That can tell you what we will miss😉

• Exactly! They won't probably! and why should they if they don't have the level? Having at least one is more than enough for 'diversity'

Don't brag about that success, it is not like America was the one winning for all these years. Wanna check what CSV #2, AVC #3 did in those editions?😏 That can tell you what we will miss😉

I wasn't bragging about anything.

You mentioned diversity. Having one team from each confederation that isn't Europe isn't diversity.

• So what do we call the teams who lost to these 'weak' teams in the Olympics 🤔

I put weak in brackets for a reason, obviously what I meant was the competition level. It is weak, how many times South American championship was won by a country other than Brazil? The competition in Norceca is as 'weak' since the collapse of Cuban volleyball. Now Korea and Japan are getting even weaker, the competition level will get weaker in AVC as well.

• Imagine being this weak :white::white::white::white:

Seems like still European continent is leading the table🥰

• I put weak in brackets for a reason, obviously what I meant was the competition level. It is weak, how many times South American championship was won by a country other than Brazil? The competition in Norceca is as 'weak' since the collapse of Cuban volleyball. Now Korea and Japan are getting even weaker, the competition level will get weaker in AVC as well.

Since the fall of the Soviet Union.... (and excluding the "powers" of USA, China, and Russia)

Europe has only put one other federation on the podium, Serbia.

CSV has just as many (Peru). AVC has as many (Japan) plus Korea being in the semifinals twice (which matches Serbia and no other CEV team)

• Since the fall of the Soviet Union.... (and excluding the "powers" of USA, China, and Russia)

Europe has only put one other federation on the podium, Serbia.

CSV has just as many (Peru). AVC has as many (Japan) plus Korea being in the semifinals twice (which matches Serbia and no other CEV team)

If you count Peru, you should count Bulgaria and Hungary as well since they were 3rd and 4th in the previous edition.

By the way after the fall of Soviet Union, Russia managed to reach finals twice (losing both finals with small margins at tiebreak) and semis 3 times.