1 MILLION CLUB - Volleyball players with 1 million followers on social media

• Hey all,

Since I love players and their presence and popularity on social media/instagram, I thought it'd be fun to keep a list of all players with 1 million followers on Instagram. A.k.a. the 1 million club by Volleyballworld.

Comment below if you know more players with 1 million+, I'll add them to the list!

#NameMale/FemaleCountryFollowers
    1Zehra GunesFTUR3.8 million
    2Alyssa ValdezFPHL2.3 million
    3Jaqueline CarvalhoFBRA2.3 million
    4Douglas SouzaMBRA2.0 million
    5Saeed MaroufMIRI2.0 million
    6Ran TakahashiMJPN2.0 million
    7Bruno RezendeMBRA 1.7 million
    8Kim Yeon KoungFKOR1.6 million
    9Ebrar KarakurtFTUR1.6 million
    10Melissa VargasFCUB1.5 million
    11Deanna WongFPHL1.4 million
    12Yuki IshikawaMJPN1.3 million
    13Yuji NishidaMJPN1.3 million
    14Pleumjit ThinkaowFTHA1.2 million
    15Rosamaria MontibellerFBRA1.2 million
    16Gabi GuimaraesFBRA1.2 million
    17Nootsara TomkomFTHA1.1 million
    18Sayed MousaviMIRI1.1 million
    19Sabina AltynbekovaFKAZ1.1 million
    20Hande BaladinFTUR1.0 million
    21Lim Sung JinMKOR1.0 million
    BonusVolleyballworld2.5 million

Last update: February 4, 2024

• Zehra Gunes is at 1,1M.

• Hey all,

Since I love players and their presence and popularity on social media/instagram, I thought it'd be fun to keep an list of all players with 1 million followers on Instagram. A.k.a. the 1 million club by Volleyballworld.

Comment below if you know more players with 1 million+, I'll add them to the list!

#NameCountryFollowers
    Douglas SouzaBRA3.2 million
    2Saeid MaroufIRI2.0 million
    3Bruno RezendeBRA1.6 million
    4Kim Yeon KoungKOR1.5 million
    5Alyssa ValdezPHL1.3 million
    6Pleumjit ThinkaowTHA1.2 million
    7Jaqueline CarvalhoBRA1.2 million
    8Nootsara TomkomTHA1.1 million
    9Sayed MousaviIRI1.1 million
    10Sabina AltynbekovaKAZ1.1 million
    11Zehra GunesTUR1.1 million
    12Rosamaria MontibellerBRA1.0 million

Great idea, thank you for this:drink:

• A lot of the Chinese NT players use weibo instead of instagram.

Hui Ruoqi: 5.6 M

Zhu Ting (edit: she has like 83k on instagram lol): 4.6 M

Zhao Ruirui (*this could be because she became a novellist after retirement and nothing to do with volleyball): 4.3 M

Zhang Changning: 3.8 M

Wei Qiuyue: 2.6 M

Wang Yimei: 2.0 M

Ding Xia: 1.3 M

Yuan Xinyue: 1.2 M

• What is Zhu's insta? I didn't even know she had one. They need to have her account verified asap I'm sure she'd reach 1M a lot quicker if it was verified

• What is Zhu's insta? I didn't even know she had one. They need to have her account verified asap I'm sure she'd reach 1M a lot quicker if it was verified

instagram.com/zhuting1129/

hasn't updated since world cup.... but neither has her weibo other than advertisements.

• Ran Takakashi is so close to a million but his followers went from 930,000 then suddenly dropped to 914 and is still dropping. Sponichi had to take down their article about him (mentioning his followers) because people suspect his Thai fans bought followers for his IG

• Initially I thought he ought to have bought followers, because he had 1.0 mill 5h ago and 1.3 mill now, but without awareness of the scope of his latest scandal. Looking more deeply into how these news about him have exploded in Brazil it might be real. I mean, he has 127k comments and 414k likes on his last post, the reactions are massive. Thus he might genuinely be making these absurd "gains" naturally, ofc.

• Mauricio Souza now has 1.3 million followers compared to 1.0 mill just 5h ago. Hence its rather obvious he (or more likely some of his fans) has bought followers. I mean, no one - hardly even some of the Kardashians - gain 300k followers in some hours a non-superficial fashion without "cheating", its extremely difficult to acquire such enhanced following counts in such a brief passage of time.

Here is a fake follower checker for Instagram accounts: https://www.fakecheck.co/

Unfortunalety, it seems the page charge money for its services, hence one (unless one find some else trustworthy provider, hardly impossible) ought to part with cash to detect whether his followers are real or not.

:whistle:

• Initially I thought he ought to have bought followers, because he had 1.0 mill 5h ago and 1.3 mill now, but without awareness of the scope of his latest scandal. Looking more deeply into how these news about him have exploded in Brazil it might be real. I mean, he has 127k comments and 414k likes on his last post, the reactions are massive. Thus he might genuinely be making these absurd "gains" naturally, ofc.

Indeed, the reaction in Brazil has been huge. This was probably the main subject in the Internet this week, even outside the bubble. Pretty much everyone has an opinion, or is asked to express it. To give you an example, today Tite, coach of the soccer NT, had to say something because it became a "thing" the fact that his son, who's also a member of the NT staff, liked Maurício's posts. If you go through his latest comments, you'll see the "elite" of the Brazilian government sending encouragement to Maurício: Congress people, Senators, Ministers of State, Secretaries, top influencers... Having said, I wouldn't put past the Bolsonaro band the ability of mobilizing their bots. You just never know.

• Indeed, the reaction in Brazil has been huge. This was probably the main subject in the Internet this week, even outside the bubble. Pretty much everyone has an opinion, or is asked to express it. To give you an example, today Tite, coach of the soccer NT, had to say something because it became a "thing" the fact that his son, who's also a member of the NT staff, liked Maurício's posts. If you go through his latest comments, you'll see the "elite" of the Brazilian government sending encouragement to Maurício: Congress people, Senators, Ministers of State, Secretaries, top influencers... Having said, I wouldn't put past the Bolsonaro band the ability of mobilizing their bots. You just never know.

:what::aww:

• :what::aww:

This is Brazil at this moment, sadly. :sos:

oh dear, what happened

If you want to understand it, please check the latest messages in the Brazilian League, where all is explained. To put it shortly: Maurício Souza was super homophobic on his IG, it got him kicked out of his club and considered persona non grata in the NT and, simultaneously, became a huge sensation among the Brazilian government's supporters.

• This is Brazil at this moment, sadly. :sos:

If you want to understand it, please check the latest messages in the Brazilian League, where all is explained. To put it shortly: Maurício Souza was super homophobic on his IG, it got him kicked out of his club and considered persona non grata in the NT and, simultaneously, became a huge sensation among the Brazilian government's supporters.

thanks, checked it out, what a mess