Italy - Superlega 2021-2022

• Yeah. But there was a case two or three years ago of a brawl after Monza-Perugia game when Orduna got disqualified for 8 matches and Atanasijevic for 2, but then both disqualifications were shortened by half (so Orduna missed 4 games and Alek only 1 game, and it was quite important, because Atanasijevic was suspended for two semifinal games against ... Modena in that moment of the season). So I guess Modena needs to appeal this punishment and hope for the same decision in this case, because I don't think they can make it to the final without Leal. If he misses only two games, then they'll be in play no matter what with him in a squad.

It's so bizarre that when it looked like Modena is turning things up this season and can realistically think of playing in the finals after below expectations season - Leal decided to kick and shove opponents after won game. :hit:

• Yeah. But there was a case two or three years ago of a brawl after Monza-Perugia game when Orduna got disqualified for 8 matches and Atanasijevic for 2, but then both disqualifications were shortened by half (so Orduna missed 4 games and Alek only 1 game, and it was quite important, because Atanasijevic was suspended for two semifinal games against ... Modena in that moment of the season). So I guess Modena needs to appeal this punishment and hope for the same decision in this case, because I don't think they can make it to the final without Leal. If he misses only two games, then they'll be in play no matter what with him in a squad.

It's so bizarre that when it looked like Modena is turning things up this season and can realistically think of playing in the finals after below expectations season - Leal decided to kick and shove opponents after won game. :hit:

If it was a racism incident, Leal did not just "decided to kick and shove opponents after won game"

• If it was a racism incident, Leal did not just "decided to kick and shove opponents after won game"

If it was a racism incident, then yeah, but as for now it's only an allegation, and I believe today there was some brief hearing in this case before this ruling was published. According to Perugia, it was all provo-based, and, well, Leal was already very heated during the game.

• My goodness. What a drama! Could anyone summarize what happened today?

I did not watch the game at work, and only checked tech stats after match.

It seemed Leon was injured. I seldom saw Leon was in such a bad shape, three games in a row with bad attack %.

If Modena advanced to final, Lube and Trentino have to fight for another CL spot for next season.

But if Russia club keeps getting banned, maybe Italy can have four teams in CL. Who knows.

• https://www.sirsafetyperugia.it/new/nota-stampa-del-15.4.22

Here's a press release of Travica: he says that between him and Leal there was only some random cursing, he negates an option he used any racial slur, says he's against racism in general - and adds that if these allegations won't be withdrawn, he'll take legal measures.

Quite standard, but I guess among officials and 3k spectators there will be at least one or two neutral people to confirm version of Leal. I'm not completely negating this option as Travica is spontaneous and emotional in general, and if so then he should serve even harder punishment than Cuban, but Ngapeth during VNL was playing this racism-card against Heynen and Kubiak as well, and it ended on nothing.

• What about punishing Travica and Perugia? This is outrageous.

• What about punishing Travica and Perugia? This is outrageous.

You're not getting match punishments for verbal provocations (or at least I haven't heard of any), so I don't think Travica will get punished unless someone confirms Leal theories, there's a difference between trash-talking and racism.

As for now, Perugia should be punished for these objects thrown on a court/tunnel, and they did - for 380 euros, that's actually an absurd.

• You're not getting match punishments for verbal provocations (or at least I haven't heard of any), so I don't think Travica will get punished unless someone confirms Leal theories, there's a difference between trash-talking and racism.

As for now, Perugia should be punished for these objects thrown on a court/tunnel, and they did - for 380 euros, that's actually an absurd.

I don't think racism is a verbal provocation. It's probably a crime. Why would Leal be lying? lol

• Why would Leal be lying? lol

Uhm, to appeal his punishment, explain his behavior in a better light, to play in the league this season?...

I didn't say racism is a verbal provocation, I said that as for now there's no proof Travica did something more than verbal provocation until someone confirms Leal's version. If he actually said something racist, it would change all the assessment of this situation completely, as for now it's only word against word. I don't know what's the truth to be honest.

• Uhm, to appeal his punishment, explain his behavior in a better light, to play in the league this season?...

I didn't say racism is a verbal provocation, I said that as for now there's no proof Travica did something more than verbal provocation until someone confirms Leal's version. If he actually said something racist, it would change all the assessment of this situation completely, as for now it's only word against word. I don't know what's the truth to be honest.

Well, if someone says they suffered racism I will believe them. You don't think Travica will admit it, right?!

• Yes, let's doubt the victims once again.

• Yes, we have Ngapeth experience from the summer.

Baranowicz, Zaytsev, Travica... all these names had to face racism in Italy during jr academies cause they are originally from East, not Italian enough. Even the first 2 names had fathers called legends. I don't expect them to mirror racism.

• Well, if someone says they suffered racism I will believe them. You don't think Travica will admit it, right?!

I would believe them as well if it's not in their interest to say things they are saying. Modena is probably toasted for the whole season if this suspension uphelds.

If there's anyone (referee, commissioner, official, journalist sitting near the court) who would confirm Leal's words, his suspension should be revoked and Travica should be banned for the season, at least. But as for now it's hard to base whole penal system on word vs word situation when both of them have an interest to allege/deny such wrongdoing.

• I'm not sure why some people keep bringing Ngapeth to the discussion if the situation was between Leal and Travica.

• Dunno what exactly happened. From what I've seen from Leal in last a few seasons, either at Sada or Lube, Leal generally is a nice player who seldom got himself involved in argument or game drama.

Perugia had been notorious of stirring the pot on court, esp. when the game did not favor the team. From Atanasijevic to Travica, they carry the flag of making drama.