Miwako Osanai
    Airi Miyabe
    Mikoto Shima
    Miyu Nakagawa
    Yuki Nishikawa
    Haruna Soga
    Ameze Miyabe
    Yoshino Sato
  • that's a lot of setters... is that normal?

Normal? It's Japan :)

But, I'm sure it's because, as they said, they are forming two teams: One for VNL and World Champs, and one for the Asian Games and maybe the AVC Cup --although the Universiade team might play that one

• I don't remember if it started in London but during Rio, Manabe made the aces next to each other's numbers. So if ever only 1 and 2 will change by Paris but most likely Koga and Mayu will stick with 3 and 4. Mayu has an aversion to the number 2 and she may not want 1 for obvious reasons.

• I don't remember if it started in London but during Rio, Manabe made the aces next to each other's numbers. So if ever only 1 and 2 will change by Paris but most likely Koga and Mayu will stick with 3 and 4. Mayu has an aversion to the number 2 and she may not want 1 for obvious reasons.

Mayu's Toray jersey is 12 though I wouldn't call that an aversion. I think she chose to stick to 4 because whoever will be 2 could be the main OP and change 1 to the main setter so again he will have 1234 as the key players.

But it's not about the numbers, going by his recent announcement of Koga being captain, Manabe made it sound like he's forcing Koga to BE Saori not the next Saori but exactly like Saori. Which is the opposite of a "fresh start".

• Mayu's Toray jersey is 12 though I wouldn't call that an aversion. I think she chose to stick to 4 because whoever will be 2 could be the main OP and change 1 to the main setter so again he will have 1234 as the key players.

But it's not about the numbers, going by his recent announcement of Koga being captain, Manabe made it sound like he's forcing Koga to BE Saori not the next Saori but exactly like Saori. Which is the opposite of a "fresh start".

Just 2 alone (being second or something like that icr exactly) but I do remember Mayu mentioned it several times in her Haruko interviews that she wouldn't take on #2. She wore 1 at some point then 3 and 4 but never 2. But anyway I get what you're trying to say

• Manabe really said here's Koga just think of her as my current Saori.

Where did he say that? Or are you saying that is what you think he is "really" saying when he gave her #3?

• Where did he say that? Or are you saying that is what you think he is "really" saying when he gave her #3?

I was being sarcastic there.

As I said below in my reply to Phoenix. It came off that way. I thought all along he wanted to highlight the new gen but it sounds like he just wants to repeat history but this time he's doing the same thing Nakada did to Kurogo, which imo isn't going to work well.

• I was being sarcastic there.

As I said below in my reply to Phoenix. It came off that way. I thought all along he wanted to highlight the new gen but it sounds like he just wants to repeat history but this time he's doing the same thing Nakada did to Kurogo, which imo isn't going to work well.

Yeah ...

"When I returned to coaching, I knew that Koga was the only person I could think of to be the captain. I expect her to be the captain and Japan's ace until Paris," he said emphatically" ...

bugged me, but I don't think he'll doosh it like Nakata did

What the "public" and press will do with their Lust for Ace thing is another story. I know someone here explained it's cultural context. Too weird for me