Japan Women's NT 2022

• I don't know if Manabe was inspired by basketball. I'm sure Manabe said "digs and assists" together. It's one of 5 goals he set to improve Japan team.

He clearly is inspired by the basketball team Japan Women's NT 2022

In the women's basketball team at the Tokyo Olympics, Rui Machida led Japan to the silver medal by becoming the top assister with a new Olympic record of 18 assists in a single game in the semi-finals. Will there be another player like Machida to support the team's breakthrough? "Although it will not be an official record," said Manabe

• Based on the fivb live app, both Airi and Hamamatsu will start on today's game! Ishikawa and Yamada playing too! New combination :lol:

• Mayu opposite Matsui

• I expected Mayu to come out like a mofo

• Yamada is so kawaii

In her own way :) :rose:

She has her sparkle back

• Yamagishi is less agile than I thought. They need a different libero alongside Kojima.

I think being beat by Kojima rattled her confidence too

• It was a close fight. Far from a bad game. That's why if anyone overreacts you know they didn't watch.

Plak spilled all of Japan's secrets tho lmao

Yes, and it atleast showed which combinations do well or not.

I agree about Yamagishi. I didn't expect Kojima outperforming her this much if only basing on VLeague's performance. Both aren't really young also, so they should've brought a younger 3rd libero just for exposure, even with less playing time.

• Yes, and it atleast showed which combinations do well or not.

I agree about Yamagishi. I didn't expect Kojima outperforming her this much if only basing on VLeague's performance. Both aren't really young also, so they should've brought a younger 3rd libero just for exposure, even with less playing time.

What do you think is the best combination/ first 6 for Japan going forward?

• Uchiseto lost me after 2 receive failure in the very last few points of set 4. Mayu played well today while Airi and Inoue look a bit out of place. Wish Hammy and Yamada would get more court time instead of Ogawa, at least the formers managed to have some block touches lol. Even Seki got a kill block today but not Ogawa haha.

• Uchiseto lost me after 2 receive failure in the very last few points of set 4. Mayu played well today while Airi and Inoue look a bit out of place. Wish Hammy and Yamada would get more court time instead of Ogawa, at least the formers managed to have some block touches lol. Even Seki got a kill block today but not Ogawa haha.

Do you think Mayu can get back to being in the first 6 for the coming matches?

• Uchiseto lost me ... Mayu played well today

it was a bit of a head scratchier why Manabe didn't cut right to the chase with Hayashi. He must really believe in Uchiseto as some stabilizer, or something. She looked sleepy

Mayu drifted a little but came out guns ablazin'. Some of these players might take a confidence hit not knowing their place (starting these new players today and then yanking them had to hurt--I almost wish Manabe would have stuck with them) but I don't think Mayu will ever take her eye off the prize, whether she plays shitty, or doesn't play at all. She's that clear and dedicated

I still like Ogawa but won't defend her :drink: