Japan Women's NT 2022

• TBT to when GOAT Coach Arie Selinger never asked for Princess what's her name in his team

Can you imagine if this dude created Japanese monsters instead he got stuck with Megumi

Did he not create any monsters? he coached for years in Japan why didn't JVA invite him to train the NT instead during the early 2000?

• Not to my knowledge. From what I've read the most successful player he trained was Tomoko Yoshihara, JT's current coach. She was probably great but not exactly a monster/genius.

Selinger was a massive figure. He changed Japanese volleyball history it's thanks to him Japan is at a level where they are right now. Crazy how not 1 Japanese player became the equivalent of Egonu today during his time.

• Selinger was a massive figure. He changed Japanese volleyball history it's thanks to him Japan is at a level where they are right now. Crazy how not 1 Japanese player became the equivalent of Egonu today during his time.

Faux-Euro Miracle-reject Princess what's her name was already an ace during his last years in Japan. She was supposedly better than Saori back then but I've watched old videos and still fail to see what they saw in her. At best she's probably like Merete Lutz.

• Faux-Euro Miracle-reject Princess what's her name was already an ace during his last years in Japan. She was supposedly better than Saori back then but I've watched old videos and still fail to see what they saw in her. At best she's probably like Merete Lutz.

Kurihara played for Dynamo she wasn't slow though compared to other Russian players she was fast

• Moroz and Evdokimova for example.

Megumi got injured at some point when she was in Russia and could not play the rest of the matches.

I honestly don't remember Moroz playing with her. Megumi didn't stand much of a chance at Kazan. Larson was already there and Voronkova was one of the most promising players.

• I googled Megumi Kurihara and noticed she wore # 1 jersey. Regardless of your opinion on Megumi she was an ace and so were Nagaoka and Kurogo. In the men's team it was Shimizu and now it's Nishida both core players. Why did Manabe give Yamagishi the # 1 now? :rolleyes: Kurogo already ruined # 1 now Yamagishi isn't even the main libero.

• I googled Megumi Kurihara and noticed she wore # 1 jersey. Regardless of your opinion on Megumi she was an ace and so were Nagaoka and Kurogo. In the men's team it was Shimizu and now it's Nishida both core players. Why did Manabe give Yamagishi the # 1 now? :rolleyes: Kurogo already ruined # 1 now Yamagishi isn't even the main libero.

I think Manabe fully intended Yamagishi to be the main libero but once he started with Kojima and saw how good she was, he decided to utilize her instead

Seniority could be another factor. Uchiseto is 2 right now. Kojima is an NT newbie. It will definitely change by Paris. Shimamura should by all means wear 1.

• Ebata Megumi Shinnabe Sakoda Kano are all set to appear in the TBS drama Old Rookie. I don't know what it's about you guys can google if you want オールドルーキー. The drama's ranking is very low lol.

Former coach Tatsuya Ueta will also appear. He's currently part of JVA's scouting division (men).

• Manabe took in Maiko Kano who is far more mediocre than her sister. I don't know what it is about these sisters I really don't know how they got so far. Maiko somehow made it past Nakada and Nakada being the ultimate powerhouse coach at the time took her into the golden era of Hisamitsu Springs thanks to having a sister from Yanagimoto's squad.

Megumi Kurihara on the other hand has always, A-L-W-A-Y-S been mediocre. Yanagimoto's insistence on having her in the team and making her core was an absolute disaster. He said she displayed qualities of European players when her only redeeming quality was her height which made her a candidate as one of the "Miracles" but she was slow as hell, unsuitable for Japanese style, did not help with blocking, had attitude issues etc. He relied on her heavily for firepower all because of her displaying "European qualities"

Maiko Kano was far better than her sister but injuries got her bad. She was fully healthy in only 1 single season - 2008-2009 in premier league wherein she saved SAGA big time. Kano then shined a tiny bit at Montreux and WGP 2009 and that's it. She could never go back to her best form after the serious injury in 2009 summer.

And i totally agree about Kurihara - she's mediocre, slow and rarely help with blocking lol. But we need to take into consideration about the quality of local WS in 2000s, 2 best WSs were both around 1.7m - Shin and Hyodo while the rest was either below average or injured all the times. And there's no one in between. It's even more pathetic when Shin, Kurihara and Oyama were away all at once, Yanagimoto even went as far as turning MBs to Ops then Libero to OH because he could not find anyone else.

Saori really started to develop after Beijing, domestically and it wasn't until the 2010 World Grand Prix did she really blossom in the

superstar for this team.

I think she played more aggressive after her closed friend passed away. Her best season is indeed 2009-2010.

he coached for years in Japan why didn't JVA invite him to train the NT instead during the early 2000?

He was rumored to be in talk with JVA after OG 2000 disaster but they could not finalize a mutual agreement. After the WCH 2002, he insisted on directing Red Wings only.

• I haven't seen any of the intersquad matches. I've only seen some fantaken clips from the Okayama match and yes I know that's not a good basis.

One thing I kept seeing is that Denso's baby libero doesn't look ready or maybe she's pretty bad Phoenix. Several photos from various fans shows her missing the ball.

Will Manabe not consider the performances of the girls that will compete at AVC? Is he absolutely certain that no one from the "B Team" is better than Ameze or Airi? :/

• One thing I kept seeing is that Denso's baby libero doesn't look ready or maybe she's pretty bad Phoenix. Several photos from various fans shows her missing the ball.

Must have been posts from Toray fans 8o I watched both matches and I'm all in for Satomi

• IG

I can't get there. Is that a Toray fan :?:

But you know how I feel about judging a player based on pictures, highlights, or tweetboxer gossip. Gotta watch matches, man. Lots of them :teach: