Japan Women's NT 2022

• I also like Mayu’s new look, refreshing and more fierce.

Yeah, you can't scare anybody with bangs

I could be become a fan now that Mayu is sporting an extreme pull back. The ponytail is pure gravy

• I think it's just natural that everyone steps up more if their usual leader or senior is not with them. It's like the feeling of pulling your weight more because no one is expected to bail you out.

I still don't like Uchiseto as libero but atleast I wasn't annoyed with her the last game as much as the first three ones :lol: I'm more disappointed of Satomi last game as she threw a lot of balls away due to the positioning of her arms, or being late to position arms better to get the ball.

• Is it just me? Sometimes, I notice Koga passes the ball to the middle of the court or makes the play out of system on purpose so that the ball will be set to her.

:white:

I'll come to Sarina's defense and say if she does that it's because the massive amount of research in her head (which she may or may not be right about) tells her it's the best play based on who's in front of her on the other side of the net. Not because she's a ball hog

On the other hand her defense does make that giant sucking sound. It doesn't matter if she's an "ace" or not. Japan can't win matches without Japanese defense

Today's match was the first one of this tournament that looked even remotely close to Japanese volleyball to me

Let's watch another match

• I'm more disappointed of Satomi last game as she threw a lot of balls away due to the positioning of her arms

Seems like a big league problem for her. She's a better diver digger for sure

• I realized that you japanese speaks and put a lot of attention in player's hairstyle specially when they change

• I realized that you japanese speaks and put a lot of attention in player's hairstyle specially when they change

Only the Japanese give so much meaning to whether they cut the hair or not. But with Mayu I assume she paid homage to Saori's Rio Olympic braided ponytail now Arina's signature hairstyle

• Both liberos are not fit for the NT, they make for an easy target. I hope they bring back Kojima. I'm not familiar with most liberos in the league so I can't suggest names (not Rena) but there has to be someone as good as Kobata.

Sadly Rena didn't even look good during AVC. Arisa Sato is still around:whistle:but maybe playing with v2 teams made her less agile now idk

• brahmin could you please help specify Japan’s chance for quarterfinal or even semifinal:dance6:!

It depends on their opponent. Right now at a probable 4-1 record (would carry into the next round), they are going to be in a good spot against Belgium, and Netherlands and the fourth place team in Pool A. Beating Italy is just too far in my mind.

Semifinal berth is really dependent on who they face. If USA or Serbia, probably will lose. If say a Dominican, Turkey or Poland, then more of a chance.

• Hayashi is handling so much of the serve receive duties, damn she got those jump serve balls under control as well

• Ishikawa got some bomb ass serves, especially in the last two points for Set 1

• Ishikawa got some bomb ass serves, especially in the last two points for Set 1

Makes me happy to see she's got her serve back

• Mayu is learning well not to try and power her way through the block, especially if the set is tight. Love to see the adaptability, that's what she needs

Makes me happy to see she's got her serve back

Yeahhh she hit it confidently and with concentrated power. The serves are really pleasant to watch! Ishikawa got a different energy after beating Brazil the other day :super::super:

• Ishikawa's serve is really making a lot of difference tonight. Even though Argentina has some mean serves too, they have difficulty receiving Ishikawa's. Mayu is really on fire tonight.

Inoue's defense is also getting a little better

• Mayu is learning well not to try and power her way through the block, especially if the set is tight. Love to see the adaptability, that's what she needs

Mayu's ability to act on the question "How can I improve my game?" is nice

• Inoue's back row attacks are fantastic. She can generate a lot more power once she gets a running start, and it looks like she puts her entire body into the spike

Yokota's blocking is also faster, the way she welds together with the wing spikers

• Is Japan playing any middle blockers today :/

• Mayu's ability to act on the question "How can I improve my game?" is nice

Yeahh, it's good that she can do that, it'll help a lot especially in the cases where a lot of mistakes are made

Younger Miyabe good serve :drink: