China NT 2022

• it's also a chance for her to prove to the fans she can win something without ZT around (which is a main fighting point between the fanbases lol)

maybe they don't care

What if low key Zhang has beef with Cai Bin and wanted to get back at him by not joining. :whistle:

I know he was her coach at Jiangsu all these years, but you never know...

• Of course she gets criticized, it's just one fanbase going after another in the same positions -- WMJ vs NFF, ZT vs HRQ vs ZCN vs LYY, ZCL vs GXY, YD vs DLY, etc.

I think only the middles don't have these problems yet. lol

Yes she can she already made more than enough from endorsements and even if she retired today she will have some sort of job in CVA who will take care of her.

Jiangsu fans were quiet because they don't have any good middles to compare to the others. :gone:

• I loved the “2016 Grand Prix” ZCN when she was probably the best player in the world: great vertical, hard spikes over the block and fearless attitude. Unfortunately she never regained that condition 😢 though I still think she is the best chinese outside hitter along with ZT and LYY. The latter has improved constantly and her reception is very stable I would say.

Hopefully Gong and Yuan deliver it today. LYY needs more contribution from the two veterans. 加油 !

• It seems ZCN makes more than ZT? I am not in 🇨🇳, so I do not know how many commercials these 2 have. Wow! Are those fan bases that crazy? They should set aside their obsessions to their idols when they are playing for their country.

Correct me if wrong, but I recall seeing something somewhere that ZCN brings in the highest amount of money simply through endorsements. It seems like Zhu is very selective about what she chooses to endorse, especially now that she is a little lower profile, but Zhang had a lot of sponsors for her wedding. What I personally found the cringiest was the wine sponsor 😂 The tides have turned against her though. Take a look at the comments on every one of her sponsored posts - previously you’d see ~60% positive comments on how she’s so pretty, how she’s loved, how wonderful she is etc. Now majority of the comments are negative. Some are nasty, but some are just disapproving, saying that announcing her retirement would be a better look than just not training and taking in the sponsorship deals. I wonder if it will also affect how sponsors view her as an effective endorser. She doesn’t NEED the money, but I’m sure she likes the attention too (sorry, but live-streaming your wedding…?)

it's also a chance for her to prove to the fans she can win something without ZT around (which is a main fighting point between the fanbases lol)

I honestly don’t think ZCN cares. Maybe in 2021, when she led the team during VNL (was very impressed by her leadership), but not anymore. Agree with some of y’all here saying that it’s a mental thing - staying at the peak of a sport for so long and carrying the hopes of a nation… is daunting. I respect all that ZCN has contributed to the team, but perhaps it’d be better for her to make a graceful exit if she’s lost the desire to win/compete.

That’s why I have tremendous respect for Zhu.

To carry a team physically and emotionally for so many years, at such a young age, is what makes a myth, a legend. Very few players with the physical talent can or want to do that. That’s something Yuan unfortunately lacks, and LYY has not developed.

• Correct me if wrong, but I recall seeing To carry a team physically and emotionally for so many years, at such a young age, is what makes a myth, a legend. Very few players with the physical talent can or want to do that.

Zhu learned to carry CNT like she carried her family and her home town :super:

• What if low key Zhang has beef with Cai Bin and wanted to get back at him by not joining. :whistle:

I know he was her coach at Jiangsu all these years, but you never know...

Well, maybe. After all, her injuries got worse during 2017-18 club season when jiangsu vc didn't let her rest after she got injured in the national team.

• Wang Yunlu did better than expected so far.

Of course, that's because there were no expectations in the first place, but... credit where its due I guess

• Wang Yunlu did better than expected so far.

Of course, that's because there were no expectations in the first place, but... credit where its due I guess

Wasn't she the best scorer of her team in one these last games? You guys should apologize from her for roasting her so much😂

• Again LYY is the focus of the Italians because she is the main scorer as well as more potent hitter. WYL should try hard to capitalize her chances to score as much as possible and minimize critical errors especially when it is clutch time. LYY needs as much help / support from WYL as the other OH.

• I shall now go to sleep and hope for the best news :gone: