China NT 2022

• Match against Japan will be challenging and difficult. If they are going to lose hope it won’t be a blow out. Ni Feifan is better than than Wang Weiyi - more nimble. Hope Ni Feifan and ZYX will get to play tomorrow. So far LYY and GXY are the ones playing well and holding up the team. ZCN and ZT are badly needed and need to return to the team. Team China is just a mediocre team with this line up☹️

I think an appropriate starting lineup is

DX/GXY

LYY/WYL

ZYX/WYY

NFF

but it'll probably be the same lineup as today and no subs for 3 sets.

• At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same lineup they've been using for the remainder of the tournament, even against the likes of Korea in week 3...

I agree with everyone that NFF should be given more chances. Yes she'll likely struggle, but we haven't seen enough of her to make a clear judgement though we've already seen a lot of Wang Weiyi to know what she can't do.

• At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same lineup they've been using for the remainder of the tournament, even against the likes of Korea in week 3...

I agree with everyone that NFF should be given more chances. Yes she'll likely struggle, but we haven't seen enough of her to make a clear judgement though we've already seen a lot of Wang Weiyi to know what she can't do.

Zheng Yixin: "why the fuck did I fly out here, well, at least I get paid"

• Zheng Yixin: "why the fuck did I fly out here, well, at least I get paid"

At least she's part of the 14 player roster. For Gao Yi and Cai Yaqian (and now Miao Yiwen). They just follow the team, sit behind the service area and aren't even available to play. Lol.

• Watching the teams warm up… I think China is leaving so much on the table by not having proper conditioning. They look like amateurs next to the equipment and methods the Japanese use… This is why the Chinese have little to no longevity in the sport, and playing consecutive games lead to them underperforming due to exhaustion.

They don’t even use resistance bands for goodness sake! No wrist/core/quad/hip activation exercises - just typical 早操 moves and then immediately to warming up with the balls. 75% of the girls can’t even do full push ups… These are elite level athletes…

I am surprised that Lang Ping didn’t leave any sort of legacy behind on the importance of strength training - didn’t she work in Italy and the US before? Surely she understands the importance of strength in explosive sports like VB.

Honestly I have no clue how China has stayed on top of this sport with their ancient techniques lol… Is it because of their focus on height? With the size of the country, they should have more Zhu’s right now.

• The day China gets the strength and conditioning routines and equipment of Japan is the day they'll truly dominate volleyball. Maybe that's why they have yet it have it :wavy:

• Everyone's losing faith but I think China can rise up from the ashes, only if the coaching team is good and they get proper fitness training so they won't be so tired as they were

• ok this was a really frustrating game to watch and it was worse in person… Thoughts?

S: Here we see DX collapse. It shouldn’t have to be this way, but China somehow has no other healthy setters who can step up

MB: The first set was promising for the MBs, but they soon crumbled… WYY looked sick and kinda sulky after being blocked, and her serves/hits were so halfhearted.

Finally got to see ZYX and she is… too short to play against Japan.

OPP: I think Gong is really feeling the grueling schedule. She is irreplaceable and she knows it, but she is not invincible. Too many tips (fatigued) in the latter half of the game

OH: LYY is the only usable OH the whole of China has, and once she has an off day, the whole team crumbles

WYL is marginally better than JY but they both suck

L: Only bright spot of the game! I thought NFF did pretty well, and definitely was miles better than WWY’s performance the last few games. Can’t wait to see more of her!

Overall this was practically a wipeout, and the Chinese coaching staff ought to go back to the drawing board to figure out who else they can take from the NT. But, we know they won’t and this will be the team playing in Week 3 😂

• Cai Bin might as well bury his head in the sand and wait for zhu to save his ass

• Chen Pei-yan didn't play matches in Week 2.

:wall:

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan