Netherlands NT 2022

• I just read the news and I'm devastated;(

I want to thank them for all they've given to the Dutch volleyball community! They were a big reason that Dutch NT finally was present again at the Olympic Games after 20 years of absence. Also the good results at ECH '15, ECH '17 and WCH '18 will always be in my memories:rose: Especially de Kruijf showed in the last few years she belongs to the best middle blockers of her generation! Beliën had great potential, but never really lived up to it if I'm honest. Despite that, she had a great NT career and will have great club seasons the upcoming years^^

In all fairness, I'm shocked and a bit disappointed by Beliën her decision:| I respect it, but she could easily have only played WCH this summer. WCH is the toughest and biggest stage you can compete as volleyball player and it will be in your home country! Not many athletes will have this oppertunity in their career... De Kruijf her decision isn't a surprise to me, because her priorities aren't with volleyball. I know the schedule is crazy and killing, but not many players from other countries make the same decision. We already had Pietersen and Sloëtjes who retired at relatively young age and also Knip and Plak already had a sabbatical. It makes me think there maybe is something wrong inside Dutch volleyball federation?:/ Or it's just a Dutch character trait that we are good at standing up for ourselves?:lol:

With the departure of Beliën and de Kruijf from Dutch NT, I have very low expectations for a good result during WCH this year;(

• The Dutch team is lucky that MB is the only position where they have some solid young replacements.

If Guidetti, Lavarini, Santarelli were the national coach they would have returned for the WCH in own country.

I don’t think they would have retired from NT, had they a decent or top level coach.

• Maybe they thought they don't have a realistic chance to reach a medal,. that's why didn't want to bother? It is always an upset to see players retire from NT at early age (I share your pain. To me, Naz is also too young for retiring from NT 😞)

This makes me wonder if Dijkema will retire too. She is the only one left from that generation

• Maybe they thought they don't have a realistic chance to reach a medal,. that's why didn't want to bother? It is always an upset to see players retire from NT at early age (I share your pain. To me, Naz is also too young for retiring from NT 😞)

This makes me wonder if Dijkema will retire too. She is the only one left from that generation

I don't think Dijkema will retire before WCh, they would have announced it all together I guess. Same goes for Grothues, Buijs, Schoot who are part of that gen as well

• Just a random fun fact: Vakfibank offered Maret Grothues a contract back in 2010. She declined because she felt not ready and wanted to join the NT program that existed back then

Also Dijkema could go to Moscow after her 1st year in Firzene but she wasn't ready for the step at the time

• Slightly off topic but there's no men's NT thread

Dutch federation released a statement regarding the planned continuation of the men's WCh in Russia.

https://www.nevobo.nl/nieuwsbe…e-wk-volleybal-in-rusland

The are 'surprised' by the statement of FIVB. For the rest there are just some meaningless words. They will ask for clarification from FIVB and will discuss the matter and participation with Dutch gov and authorities and the team itself if it actually will take place in Russia.

• avid I think Selinger is impressed by her versatility:what::lol: I'm sorry, but I don't think she had the potential to play for Dutch NT. She is so slow... But who knows, maybe Selinger can make a good opposite out of her🤷🏼‍♂️

• This shade of orange just doesn't say "Dutch" to me

It looks like the jersey were washed with wrong temperature, multiple times 🤣

• This shade of orange just doesn't say "Dutch" to me

It seems very alike from the jersey they wore from 2009 till 2012.

Awarding_Ceremony_%284032444052%29.jpg