2022/2023 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Its quite ironic that in Serie A Femminile, almost every team has an American player while in Maschile there is almost none.

• Its quite ironic that in Serie A Femminile, almost every team has an American player while in Maschile there is almost none.

Yup. Russell was pretty bad until March, Holt is way past his prime and had very average season, Anderson was good in Perugia, but waaay overpriced (Sirci suggested that taking Semeniuk in exchange will be cheaper, while Kamil is a better OH right now, at least in club volleyball) - and I don't think there's any pressure on American players to choose Italy over Asia since the depth of male US team is much worse, so there's no similar rivalry on every position but libero. I guess that's an explanation of this American exodus since Russell, Anderson, Jaeschke and Holt will all probably leave Italy and all were rumored to move to Asia.

• But now I’m getting even more curious of who is replacing Semeniuk in Zaksa.

Who is even a legitimate candidate? Don’t think there’s any capable american or polish left in the market? Maybe a chance Sammelvuo is bringing over a russian?

I am relieved though that Zalinski have renewed his contract with Zaksa. He has been a good backup OH to the team last season.

• Krick is a nice signing all things considered, I don't know what will be his shape after the whole season lost, not mentioning him reaching his potential that was forecasted after ECH 2017 - but Modena has started collecting its roster in the latter part of June, it would be hard to find a MB accepting part-time role (he'll play only if Rinaldi is on a court), and obviously Giani knows him from NT.

Pope, Lagumdzija and Kick is a fine mercato for Modena under these circumstances, they've changed their ownership structure in June and still have found two very promising players + one that can't be crossed out yet + they dumped Leal's contract to Piacenza. Civitanova and Modena (and Trentino a year ago) with female Fenerbahce-like off-season.

• I heard rumor that modena is considering Zhang Jingyin and Yu Yuantai? (#22, #6 this VNL)

I thought that Swan will be 4th OH and Modena will call it a day, but S. Ngapeth will join Siena as a fourth OH ultimately, so it seems likely since they still need a 4th OH and have decided to sign only young guys this offseason. I wonder if it makes sense for them purely sports-wise since Modena has already solid depth with Rinaldi/Pope on a bench.