2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• Can someone pls transalte Bruno's IG post? I think it's somehow directed to FIVB/Volleyball World and related with the current VNL setup with the ongoing issues about injuries, health, and schedules.

• I am NOT defending FIVB but coaches could use their bench more often. Renan never uses the backup OPP and Alan had just come back from a serious injury.

• I am NOT defending FIVB but coaches could use their bench more often. Renan never uses the backup OPP and Alan had just come back from a serious injury.

I think this is what Japan did today, using their bench against France since they have three in a row matches, they let the main roster to rest on the 2nd match

• Alan's case is very specific. He didn't play during the club season and then came back as a full-time starter since day 1. It's Brazil's staff's fault too. I agree that some NTs can't afford to put their bench players, however, what would be the alternative? Cancel the VNL? Put the VNL every two years?

• FIVB has introduced a new ranking system that makes the VNL almost as important as the World Championship and every single game relevant to make teams compete with their best players, the next year many teams will be in position that they'll have to play VNL seriously if they want to advance to the Olympics. It would be certainly better if VNL was ranking-wise treated the way its so-so prestige suggests, but FIVB wants the biggest stars to play there, that was one of the reasons of this reform of Olympic qualification.

Although I don't think Alan specifically is a victim of calendar overload per se, so I don't think there's a cause-effect relationship in THIS case.

• Great win for Dutch team over Argentina. Must have been some time ago since Dutch men perform better than the women.

I like the switch of Andringa to libero. I remember a match last year where he had great attacking performance, but he's doing really good in defense/reception. Good move. Also finally the MB's having some more presence.

---

Poor PH fans having to watch Japan tank to France with the B team.. though they fought quite well. And I like watching MB Takahashi.

• That sub of Van Tilburg on the 4th set was paramount for NED! and yeah I agree with you abt the switching of roles of Andringa, he have some nice defense. I am so chuffed that NED is performing well this year and Nimir isn't carrying the load for his team

• Players like Bruno who played in Europe where the leagues & Cev tournaments lasted really long that gave literally little to no time to rest between club & NT seasons has all the rights to complain about the schedule. But imo it’s not fair to blame the schedule for Alan’s unfortunate injury. Alan had a foot injury and didn’t play at all for the whole season. The schedule issue shouldn’t be a cause for his latest injury. On the other hand, even before yesterday I was a bit worried if Renan overused him when I saw him playing in all matches in this VNL. I really wondered if his body, especially his leg muscle was ready for such heavy load after the long rest from his foot injury… ;(

• FIVB has introduced a new ranking system that makes the VNL almost as important as the World Championship and every single game relevant to make teams compete with their best players, the next year many teams will be in position that they'll have to play VNL seriously if they want to advance to the Olympics. It would be certainly better if VNL was ranking-wise treated the way its so-so prestige suggests, but FIVB wants the biggest stars to play there, that was one of the reasons of this reform of Olympic qualification.

Although I don't think Alan specifically is a victim of calendar overload per se, so I don't think there's a cause-effect relationship in THIS case.

More important than wch... you're guaranteed 15 (12 now) ranked matches where for many teams they will play 5 and go home in the first stage of wch or 9 and go home in second stage.