2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• Semeniuk is the MVP to lead Poland to win the tiebreak, without a doubt.

Iran should be proud despite losing this match. They have shown they’re a very dangerous team when they’re in the zone. After their young players having more experiences to play at this level and minimizing the errors, they will be able to exceed their previous generation and achieve something big.

• That was a nice try against the best team of the world. :box: only if they could start the 5th set better. ;(

still it was a great tournament overall for such a new team. much much better than my original expectation. they were just 1 set away from the SF and probably a medal. hopefully they can keep the momentum for the WCh with additional players. we have serious problems in MB positions. that was the difference between this Iran and top level teams.

• Iran had the youngest team in Bologna (slightly younger than Italy), so getting to the F8 and a tiebreak here is a major success for this team on many levels.

Poland has been playing so average throughout the event that Anderson-less USA may be too much, although maybe this was just rusty beginning. The semis consist the best teams possible, so it sucks I have a trip for this weekend already planned. I bet another France-Poland game, this time for a gold, but we'll see.

• That was a nice try against the best team of the world. :box: only if they could start the 5th set better. ;(

still it was a great tournament overall for such a new team. much much better than my original expectation. they were just 1 set away from the SF and probably a medal. hopefully they can keep the momentum for the WCh with additional players. we have serious problems in MB positions. that was the difference between this Iran and top level teams.

Mousavi is definitely missed, hope he’ll back for the WCH.

• Congrats to both teams. Poland for the win and Iran for being the underdog of this VNL edition. Poland needs to be better, they have every resources they need, I hope they will wake the fuck up as Robin would say lol

Iran has its disadvantages due to retirement of certain players and injuries of important young players but they have proved they can still be a contender. I hope they will be better come WCH, especially setter and MBs. Milad’s experience and leadership must be noted and thanked for. And Amin. Oh boy. Have I thought he was a raw talent that needs to be shaped but it would take a while? YES. Yet, he proved me wrong. He did manage to improve himself big time in just one tournament. I hope he’ll keep this up. I would like to see him at this level for several reasons lol Too bad he has to play for a team (I gather not the best team from what I have read) in Iranian League due to army duties :( Can’t he just make a payment or something? mosi

• Too bad he has to play for a team (I gather not the best team from what I have read) in Iranian League due to army duties :( Can’t he just make a payment or something? mosi

Yes he has to play for a low level team (army-related team) because of the mandatory military service :thumbdown:

no, that's impossible to "buy" ,. rules are very strict about it. only an Asian Games (not Asian Championship), World Championship or Olympics medal can give you an exemption. postponing the Asian Games to 2023 was probably the worst possible news for him. they were some rumors that a VNL medal may do the same (IRIVF was lobbying about it) but now with this elimination I'm afraid there is no way out for him (except winning a medal in WCh)

but of course everybody can get an exemption from the most powerful person in the country at any time but I don't think he ever watches volleyball to do that :lol:

• Mousavi is definitely missed, hope he’ll back for the WCH.

sure, interesting nobody talks about this. he was interviewed something like 10 times but nobody asked this obvious question.

personally I think he will be called for the WCH but that's just my guess. Ghafour can still rest , he is not missed :D

Iran also missed Mojarrad and Abedini. I believe both of them will start playing soon. Jelveh and Toukhteh tried their best but that was just not good enough.

• This USA team looks so different from last year. Offense is just so potent and a ton of blocks (even keeping opponents from getting the ball over multiple times on the same play). DeFalco with just a cannon service in this game