Eurovolley 2023

• At this point, I don't think anything would convince you. So feel free to believe that VNL , a tournament that only exists for only 6 years, is more important and valuable than a prestigious ECH which has several decades of history. And yes, VNL will disappear after several years.

The majority if not whole of European Volleyball Community ( men and women) attach more importance to ECH than VNL (another version of Grand Prix), and that's the fact and common sense. Maybe a few fans believe it otherwise but that's OK.

How delusional you are that you believe what you think is fact and ultimate common sense 🤦😂 many European teams already completed with their best rosters in vnl. VNL s name or format could change but legacy of this tournament will stay just like previous grandprix or world league versions.

Come on !!!! Is to much the WC in 45 and VNL 40. It is like to have almost the some worth. He has a point in this. VNL probably will disappear in some years.

Even 30 points seems a lot for this tournamnet. Anyway 40 points is out of logic for me.

Thank god fivb disagrees with you. Playing against other top teams of the world would of course entitle the tournament more valuable then continental championship with only half of strongest teams of the world playing there. And for other continents like Asia and south America, Africa etc even way weaker in that sense

• You are the delusional one who doesn't understand the world doesn't revolve around your princess Boskovic and what she deems a tournament valuable or not. Teams like USA, China, turkey, Poland, Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, Thailand, Canada and many more brought their best players to this tournament. 90% of the participants brought their best rosters. Even your precious Boskovic played 4 games and the rest was full team. It wasn't like Serbia played with their u21 team 🤦 just because Serbia failed, it doesn't make vnl a worthless tournament. Jealousy shouldn't make you blind 😘

• My suggestion for you is to return this semi tickets, Turkiye will probably play with B team. ^^

Nope we can rotate our players, not that we have only one player we rely on🥰

Thank god fivb disagrees with you. Playing against other top teams of the world would of course entitle the tournament more valuable then continental championship with only half of strongest teams of the world playing there. And for other continents like Asia and south America, Africa etc even way weaker in that sense

Some things are objective. The worth of a tournament does not connected with how difficult they are. From this side VNL is more important than the Olympics because in this competition participates some really wick teams like teams from Africa which harms the quality of the competition. As volleySrb said the approach and other things are more important than this. Also from this side of thinking the things which players are achivie in the club season would be more important from what they win in the NT and players would become legend according to their wins in the club bacause for sure the level of the top teams in top leagues is higher from the level of the top NT teams

• It's true that right now, VNL is more important than ECH. However, this is only a consequence by FIVB forcing it to become that important by giving so many ranking points and making the ranking decisive for OG qualifier. In a good world, ECH should definitely be more important than VNL, and IMO for most players and teams it still is. However they can't prepare well for it because they are forced to play 12 or more matches within a few weeks directly after club season without having a break. Teams don't bring their best players to VNL because it is such an important tournament by itself, they must bring their best players in order not to lose ranking points!

• I said it before VNL is basically meant to become like what a grand slam is for tennis. WGP/VNL have always been fun, volleyball prioritized tournaments so I support it, though it needs a lot of tweaking for it to be respected fully among teams (better schedules esp.) I believe with time it will happen. Teams mostly sent their A teams, also in long tournaments it's normal for teams to rotate.

Anyway Ech is still very important and prestigious inside CEV so it should be a fun tournament, I'm particularly curious if any team will have a big breakout moment, despite that we say the level in Europe is high, which is true, there haven't been too many teams challenging the 'core' teams truly for a while. So this is something I'm hoping to see this time aroud.

• It's true that right now, VNL is more important than ECH. However, this is only a consequence by FIVB forcing it to become that important by giving so many ranking points and making the ranking decisive for OG qualifier. In a good world, ECH should definitely be more important than VNL, and IMO for most players and teams it still is. However they can't prepare well for it because they are forced to play 12 or more matches within a few weeks directly after club season without having a break. Teams don't bring their best players to VNL because it is such an important tournament by itself, they must bring their best players in order not to lose ranking points!

the FIVB ranking is only important for olympic qualification. As long as you're in 1st-6th it doesn't matter.

So the 6 teams that have already qualified for the Olympics after this summer, will not care as much about VNL in 2024.

But for teams that actually need the ranking points, like Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, they will need to take VNL more seriously to get the ranking points.

• the FIVB ranking is only important for olympic qualification. As long as you're in 1st-6th it doesn't matter.

So the 6 teams that have already qualified for the Olympics after this summer, will not care as much about VNL in 2024.

But for teams that actually need the ranking points, like Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, they will need to take VNL more seriously to get the ranking points.

Belgium can't take it seriously because they won't be there ;) And I think the qualified teams will at least take the preliminaries seriously because the ranking will decide the OG pool composition. VNL 2024 final round might be a farce though :gone:

• Belgium can't take it seriously because they won't be there ;) And I think the qualified teams will at least take the preliminaries seriously because the ranking will decide the OG pool composition. VNL 2024 final round might be a farce though :gone:

I just realized that Belgium don't even have the right to play the Challenger Cup this year... :o

but on your second point, ranked higher is not necessarily better for seeding. If you're ranked 5 or 6 you get the other ranked 5/6th team, the hosts France (weak) and the lowest ranked team (probably african team, also very weak).

• I just realized that Belgium don't even have the right to play the Challenger Cup this year... :o

I think if the world ranking is used for olympic qualification then all the teams who are on the cusp of qualification should have the right to play in the last tournament (VNL) before the olympics. This is very wrong, either if Belgium doesn't get a chance to improve their ranking and they miss the olympics or if they successfully sit on their ranking and squeeze in to the olympics.

Some things are objective. The worth of a tournament does not connected with how difficult they are. From this side VNL is more important than the Olympics because in this competition participates some really wick teams like teams from Africa which harms the quality of the competition. As volleySrb said the approach and other things are more important than this. Also from this side of thinking the things which players are achivie in the club season would be more important from what they win in the NT and players would become legend according to their wins in the club bacause for sure the level of the top teams in top leagues is higher from the level of the top NT teams

Netherlands who will almost for sure reach to semis of next ECh, was only 12th in VNL. This shows the difference in level of both tournament. Of course it should reflect to world ranking coefficient of the tournament

Netherlands who will almost for sure reach to semis of next ECh, was only 12th in VNL. This shows the difference in level of both tournament. Of course it should reflect to world ranking coefficient of the tournament

Netherlands did not play with their full roster the whole VNL. Also they are a completely new team and they need time. Players like Knollema and Marring they played for the first time in this level. They found their good shape in the end . Bad exaple.

Also as I said you before the level of the tournament does not connected with its worth. Do not reapeat the same things.

And btw maybe the whole tournamet its not so difficult but in thw semifinals and in the finals you are going to face much stronger opponents from China ;).

Let me get this straight, you think ECH which does not include USA, Canada, Brazil, Chania or Japan national teams should reflect more in teams WORLD standing over a worldwide event that includes all those national teams. What kind of wudo logic is this?

Also, there is this argument of not all teams are playing with their best players. That’s their own decisions. It is the job of FIVB to promote their events make it more appealing to viewers. They can do so by assigning more points on worldwide events. The bigger the worldwide event is the more point a team can earn which makes sense to me.

• Also as I said you before the level of the tournament does not connected with its worth. Do not reapeat the same things.

And btw maybe the whole tournamet its not so difficult but in thw semifinals and in the finals you are going to face much stronger opponents from China ;).

hahah I doubt that, Italy won't be any stronger than USA or China

Anyways it is impossible to discuss with someone who believes the level of the tournament does not connected with its worth. This is literally the most important thing determining a tournament's worth 😂

hahah I doubt that, Italy won't be any stronger than USA or China

Anyways it is impossible to discuss with someone who believes the level of the tournament does not connected with its worth. This is literally the most important thing determining a tournament's worth 😂

It is impossible to discuss with someone who do not want to admit the obvious. If you have right why the WC and the Olympics are more important than VNL?

• Let me get this straight, you think ECH which does not include USA, Canada, Brazil, Chania or Japan national teams should reflect more in teams WORLD standing over a worldwide event that includes all those national teams. What kind of wudo logic is this?

Also, there is this argument of not all teams are playing with their best players. That’s their own decisions. It is the job of FIVB to promote their events make it more appealing to viewers. They can do so by assigning more points on worldwide events. The bigger the worldwide event is the more point a team can earn which makes sense to me.

That event which includes USA, Canada, Brazil, China and Japan is World Championship and it's worth more points than ECH for sure, but I don't agree with an annual commercial event giving more points than a Continental Championship.

Yes it is FIVB's job to promote their events, but this goes at the cost of players' health. They get hardly any rest after club season and the summer is packed with important tournaments and then the club season starts again without a real break.

• That event which includes USA, Canada, Brazil, China and Japan is World Championship and it's worth more points than ECH for sure, but I don't agree with an annual commercial event giving more points than a Continental Championship.

Yes it is FIVB's job to promote their events, but this goes at the cost of players' health. They get hardly any rest after club season and the summer is packed with important tournaments and then the club season starts again without a real break.

I absolutely agree with this

Tournament that are held every 2/4 years should give more points. Having a tournament that holds no prestige, and is held every year just after club season when players are exhausted, bring more points then some prestigious championships just forces federations to take it seriously on purpose evebthough they have no desire to compete seriously and risk injury from top players who have incredibly busy rest-free calendar.

Forcing everyone to take it seriously in order to promote it is just stupid and will not affect players well. There is a reason no body really took it serious for years, I mean having title “VNL champion” be worth more or same as “European Champion” or “World Champion” is ridiculous.

There is a reason why even you, who advocate that VNL is now some super-prestigious tournament, cant name more then a few recent winners and MVPs of VNL and Grand prix, world cup or whatever it was called. On the other hand I can name every winner and MVP of each edition of ECH and WCH in last 10-15 years, even in whole 21st century.