Eurovolley 2023

• less than VNL

VsFgWn.jpg

VNL is 30 at best, in the not corrupted fivb world :)

8 out of 16 participants in the VNL are European national teams...

How is it possible to assign the same coefficient "K" to the European championship as to the other continental championships?

The coefficient, starting from a basic score for everyone, should be calculated each time on the basis of the ranking of the participants in the tournament...

• I think every European team would agree that ECH is much more important than VNL despite the ranking pts difference. Being the Europe Champion or making it to the podium means a great deal to European teams. Ngapeth skip the whole VNL to save his good form for ECH.

We will have the World Champion Serbia, new VNL champion Turkey and 3rd best team Poland, last ECH Champion Italy compete together with full A roster. Plus, Netherland and Germany are on the rise and might upset top teams too. The quality of this edition go without saying. We have a very exciting and entertaining tournament to witness:drink: May the best team win the trophy and every player stay healthy:cup:

• 8 out of 16 participants in the VNL are European national teams...

How is it possible to assign the same coefficient "K" to the European championship as to the other continental championships?

I'm not an expert in math but I suppose they can't do that because it would be unfair to teams like USA or BRA who can't play the European Championship.

• also it depends on their rivals rankings too

So brazil and usa can't win a lot of points even if they go undefeated

Well only usa cause canada and rd are good at ranking

• 8 out of 16 participants in the VNL are European national teams...

The coefficient, starting from a basic score for everyone, should be calculated each time on the basis of the ranking of the participants in the tournament...

Makes sense. Different K factors can be used depending on the average rating of the particpants. So for ECH there would be a higher K factor than other confederations.

In chess for example there are tournament categories depending on the avreage rating of participants.

• I'm not an expert in math but I suppose they can't do that because it would be unfair to teams like USA or BRA who can't play the European Championship.

So, following your reasoning, the current system instead penalizes European teams that play an objectively more difficult tournament…

In chess for example there are tournament categories depending on the avreage rating of participants.

That's exactly what I meant to say...

• VNL is 30 at best, in the not corrupted fivb world :)

Just because? Top 15 teams in the world is competing with each other for a month and this competition should give less points then continental championship consisting of less strong teams?🤦

• So, following your reasoning, the current system instead penalizes European teams that play an objectively more difficult tournament…

That's exactly what I meant to say...

No, because how many points you win or lose is still completely relative to the ranking of your opposition.

My point was that ECh shouldn't have bigger "match importance" multiplier than other continentals because that would make very likely that the eventual champion of ECh would be number 1 of the ranking every time while USA or BRA can't do much about it. It would be as if european teams were playing additional VNL games but with teams from outside being excluded.

(Again, if someone with more knowledge about the mathematical intricacies of the WR thinks I'm wrong please correct me).

• I think every European team would agree that ECH is much more important than VNL despite the ranking pts difference. Being the Europe Champion or making it to the podium means a great deal to European teams. Ngapeth skip the whole VNL to save his good form for ECH.

We will have the World Champion Serbia, new VNL champion Turkey and 3rd best team Poland, last ECH Champion Italy compete together with full A roster. Plus, Netherland and Germany are on the rise and might upset top teams too. The quality of this edition go without saying. We have a very exciting and entertaining tournament to witness:drink: May the best team win the trophy and every player stay healthy:cup:

Can't disageee more. Turkey got silver medal from ech twice but it never created such a big attention from media and players reaction as well. Ech doesn't have strong teams like china, USA, Japan, Dominic republic. European teams were attending to vnl full force anyways. Only Boskovic was missing two weeks and Italy was missing a few players but it was not like their B team (you can't call team B when two of their starting players are in the team (Sylla and Danesi). Also it looks like de Gennaro won't be in ech so their main libero for ech also played vnl. Germany and Netherlands will have exact same teams. All in all, vnl is a more important tournament than ech

• No, because how many points you win or lose is still completely relative to the ranking of your opposition.

My point was that ECh shouldn't have bigger "match importance" multiplier than other continentals because that would make very likely that the eventual champion of ECh would be number 1 of the ranking every time while USA or BRA can't do much about it. It would be as if european teams were playing additional VNL games but with teams from outside being excluded.

(Again, if someone with more knowledge about the mathematical intricacies of the WR thinks I'm wrong please correct me).

It's not about the ranking of the oopponent but it is about how many points they have. Someone please correct me if I remember the rule wrong

• Makes sense. Different K factors can be used depending on the average rating of the particpants. So for ECH there would be a higher K factor than other confederations.

This would make vnl most important tournament because it is top 15 teams + Korea. With chess rating system, Olympic would be lower than vnl because of African team and sometimes host situation like London Olympics. Even wch would be lower rating tournament then because there are so many lower ranking teams joining to wch but can't join to vnl

Just because? Top 15 teams in the world is competing with each other for a month and this competition should give less points then continental championship consisting of less strong teams?🤦

Come on !!!! Is to much the WC in 45 and VNL 40. It is like to have almost the some worth. He has a point in this. VNL probably will disappear in some years.

Even 30 points seems a lot for this tournamnet. Anyway 40 points is out of logic for me.

• Just because? Top 15 teams in the world is competing with each other for a month and this competition should give less points then continental championship consisting of less strong teams?🤦

Can't disageee more. Turkey got silver medal from ech twice but it never created such a big attention from media and players reaction as well. Ech doesn't have strong teams like china, USA, Japan, Dominic republic. European teams were attending to vnl full force anyways. Only Boskovic was missing two weeks and Italy was missing a few players but it was not like their B team (you can't call team B when two of their starting players are in the team (Sylla and Danesi). Also it looks like de Gennaro won't be in ech so their main libero for ech also played vnl. Germany and Netherlands will have exact same teams. All in all, vnl is a more important tournament than ech

You are so delusional, i swear you started to believe in your own lies.

Its not about number of teams, their approach is important, for every single team(europe or not) failing in VNL is acceptable, in ech or wch are not.

European championship have long tradition and VNL will never catch that for the million years.

VNL is mostly used for teams to try new players, rest some players for a few weeks, new coach to get used with a new team(as serbia for example). Most of the teams dont have a real preparations for VNL, there is reason why is vnl 2 weeks after season.

• Nederlands has got so easy way to semi-final:white: I`m jealous:rolll: Semi-final its only one game, so who knows, maybe they can catch the final:whistle:

Did ECH gives many points for world ranking comparing to other tournaments?

It's true their path is easy, but with current ranking formula the points increase they get from making semifinal will be tiny because of facing lower ranked teams. And if they lose a match before the SF the point decrease might be same as increase for all the matches. So they have pressure to win all matches.

• Can't disageee more. Turkey got silver medal from ech twice but it never created such a big attention from media and players reaction as well. Ech doesn't have strong teams like china, USA, Japan, Dominic republic. European teams were attending to vnl full force anyways. Only Boskovic was missing two weeks and Italy was missing a few players but it was not like their B team (you can't call team B when two of their starting players are in the team (Sylla and Danesi). Also it looks like de Gennaro won't be in ech so their main libero for ech also played vnl. Germany and Netherlands will have exact same teams. All in all, vnl is a more important tournament than ech

At this point, I don't think anything would convince you. So feel free to believe that VNL , a tournament that only exists for only 6 years, is more important and valuable than a prestigious ECH which has several decades of history. And yes, VNL will disappear after several years.

The majority if not whole of European Volleyball Community ( men and women) attach more importance to ECH than VNL (another version of Grand Prix), and that's the fact and common sense. Maybe a few fans believe it otherwise but that's OK.

• Its not about number of teams, their approach is important, for every single team(europe or not) failing in VNL is acceptable, in ech or wch are not.

In 2019, due to tight schedule, Serbia women NT, Russian men NT and Italian men NT sent their B team for World Cup and saved their A team for ECH :cheesy: That's how important ECH are to European teams (women and men teams adopt the same approach)

• Turkey will play group stage in Germany, probably all games will be sold out and Turkey will be like host.

Not sure for quarter final in Belgium. There is also big amount of Poles living in there. Federations should fight for tickets. It will be sold out for sure tho.

• Turkey will play group stage in Germany, probably all games will be sold out and Turkey will be like host.

Not sure for quarter final in Belgium. There is also big amount of Poles living in there. Federations should fight for tickets. It will be sold out for sure tho.

I've already get my tickets for semis and final💪. Belgium has a big Turkish minority group, I'm sure games will be sold out there too

• In 2019, due to tight schedule, Serbia women NT, Russian men NT and Italian men NT sent their B team for World Cup and saved their A team for ECH :cheesy: That's how important ECH are to European teams (women and men teams adopt the same approach)

This won't be the case anymore with VNL giving so many world ranking points. By the way you only give 3 examples but there were many more teams who brought their best teams to vnl at that time so it shows that they do care about as much as they do care about vnl, if not more